Space Marines Nulls - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-01-10, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

dragonkingofthestars's Flag is: USA

Default Space Marines Nulls

this is a question I thought up thinking about Librarian. in basic hes a Psyker that the space marines recruited and trained. now a normal marine is worth about, 5 guardsmen so it worth predicting that a Librarian worth about 5 normal Psyker. but, this is the point of the Thread, what would happen if a Chpater recruited a Null. whould they care? and if they did what then? would they train them to use there powers? How much strogger would they be? How would they learn who to do it? would they have to ask the assasains for help? what there role be in a chpater? What do the Purely codex chpater feel about this and how would the Inqusiton, for that matter the whole imperium fell about a chapter with blanks in it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-01-10, 07:06 PM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

A Space Marine is worth a hell of a lot more than five Guardsmen.
As for Librarians, it's hard to say, a normal non SM psyker is still a very dangerous oponent depending on the strength of his powers.
Although a Librarian is highly trained in the use of his powers I very much doubt it would actually increase the strength of those powers, just his control of them.
As for the Blanks....

pass!

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-01-10, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
A Space Marine is worth a hell of a lot more than five Guardsmen.
As for Librarians, it's hard to say, a normal non SM psyker is still a very dangerous oponent depending on the strength of his powers.
Although a Librarian is highly trained in the use of his powers I very much doubt it would actually increase the strength of those powers, just his control of them.
i let my own view slid in, a space marine Psyker would be more power full. a Psykers power is base on his disipline, his control of them, the more will he has the stronger he is, but were a bit off topic, the point about a Librarian being stronger then a normal Psykers was to lead into the question of the power of a space mairne Null.

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-01-10, 09:05 PM

Tensiu's Flag is: Poland

...But don't nulls have no powers but that of blocking psyhic powers and warp-invisibility? I mean, I know that Pariahs have no other abilities, but how 'bout nulls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkaellon View Post
Boobs, That is all.
Victories - 0
Draws - 0
Failures - 4
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-01-10, 09:08 PM

LordRaith's Flag is: USA

I don't think the Imperium would have trouble with the blanks, as they would probably help cull the number of unsanctioned psykers and perils of the warp throughout the Imperium. That being said, I'm pretty sure most individuals with the Pariah gene end up at the Culexus Temple or some other faction of the Officio Assassinorum.

A chapter of blanks could make for some interesting fluff though. Even their allies would hate them a little bit.

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-01-10, 11:58 PM
gauntsghost025's Flag is: USA

Nulls are probably swept up by the Inquisition. They are to valuable. An Inquisitor who hunts psykers/daemons may get a heck of a lot more use out of a Null than a Chapter who faces all kinds of enemies including non-psykers.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-02-10, 09:51 AM

RudeAwakening79's Flag is: Netherlands

the imperium has actually tried to make a chapter of nulls, being the Exorcists.
They're not actual blanks, but through a process of possession by a daemon, they've created Marines that are invulnerable to the powers of the warp, therefor the same as nulls.

See lexicanum for more details

To my drug-addled mind, the voice sounded like that of the Emperor himself, and I found myself wondering if I should have spent a bit more time in the temple, and a bit less in bars, gambling dens and bordellos, but it seemed a little late to be worrying about that now. If I had indeed arrived at the Golden Throne, I'd just have to hope its occupant was in a good mood, and try to steer the conversation on to safer ground at the earliest oppertunity.
===Commissar Ciaphas Cain===
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-02-10, 10:21 AM
Feed

A null`s power is not limited to simply blocking psyker activity in the area. Some are capable of actually directing the focus of the field.

The culexus assassins use the animus speculum device to greatly enhance their abilities.

And yes, the Inquisition is likely to find any blanks long before anyone else would. But we canspeculate as always.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-02-10, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

how common are Nulls any way? a Psykers, what 1 in a 100,000? so whats Null one in a 100,000,000? and if Null are more useful then psykers why are they not cloned?
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-02-10, 04:42 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeAwakening79 View Post
the imperium has actually tried to make a chapter of nulls, being the Exorcists.
They're not actual blanks, but through a process of possession by a daemon, they've created Marines that are invulnerable to the powers of the warp, therefor the same as nulls.
They weren't trying to make nulls, they were making Illuminati, individuals who were immune to demonic possession. Had nothing to do with making Pariahs.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode