Weird Names from the Space Marine Generator - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-21-10, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

Default Weird Names from the Space Marine Generator

Ok im sure we have seen this plenty of times. Here are some weird names the were completly randomized by the name generator which i felt were kinda funny or just down right odd
Vitriolic Masochists-Obvious Slaaneshy
Smoking Longbows-They don't believe in guns and there favorite brand is marlboro
Triumphant Egyptions-Um lets rethink this?
Skelatal Daemons - Or Anerexic Daemons
Lonesome Masochists of Absolution - Not only do they like pain but they are lonely too
Bleeding Generals - One how can there be an army of just generals? Two stop bleeding its bad for you health
Exiled Plasma- WTF
Subconscious Thunder - They think there thuinder but don't know they think there thunder
Soul Castles - Yeah i got nothing
Warp Hallucinations - Why marines normally dont do drugs!!!
Nebulized Darkness - I think i ounce played a show with a band alled this.

So my task is simple pick one of these odd names and lets all design a strange chapter based of the weird name alone.

It can be Chaos, Renegade, or Imperial whatever tickles the fancy.

To see which one to use is which one is the weirdest take a vote and ill tally it in about 3 days.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-21-10, 01:33 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

Ok I will give it a shot.

Subconscious Thunder: A splinter faction of the night lords. They are renowned for their use of a powerful form of psychic amplifier that causes the population of their intended targets to experience a gradual psychological break down. After the population is in a state of confused panic they launch violent raids, blaring claxons and detonating explosives that inevitably turn the unhinged population to almost become catatonic with fear, since the violent assault is distorted into impossible scenes of horror by the minds of their unhinged victims. Their name was actually given by a imperial survivor of one such attack who said its if his vary mind was shattered by some thunder beyond the vial of perception, hence the imperial forces nick named this unheard of chaos faction the subconscious thunder.

Also I vote that Exiled Plasma is the weirdest one.

Warp Hallucinations: No one knows if these specters are actual enemies or just some warp based anomaly. For on the eastern fringe their have been reports of attacks by legions of spectral warriors who seem to assault imperial outposts, but right before they reach the outskirts of these isolated imperial outposts they vanish. However reports show that the moment they are just about to vanish a great siren can be heard, followed by mass power outages and mechanical failures.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-21-10, 01:48 PM

Perhaps you should have set this up as a voting poll if all your after is just the name at the moment; but I'm going for Exiled Plasma as my first pick and Soul Castles is my second pick just because these two names stand out the most when I read the list

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-21-10, 01:54 PM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

Lonesome Masochists of Absolution: A splinter group of the Emperors Children Known for thier act of self flagelation whenever they complete a mission in their current crusade. They don't just destroy thier enemies but whenever they capture anyone the torture techniques they use brings them closer to Slaanesh in his guise as the Primce of Pain and any who have survived thier raids witness that they are not above piercing themselves with hot pokers or sticking bones through thier noses.
Y
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-21-10, 02:23 PM

oh and warp hallucinations is my fav...maybe the imperial forces see lsd lights or somethng when they see them either way its a great name,
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-21-10, 04:36 PM

I was thinking of Exiled Plasma and thought to myself that they would look something like an Infernal from Warcraft but instead of green they would be blue since green is more Necron.

I have no idea how space marines would end up like this; but it was just something I thought I would share
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Infernal.jpg (77.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Infernal_Attack.jpg (107.0 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by imntdead; 06-21-10 at 04:38 PM.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-21-10, 05:10 PM

too much warp dust perhapres lol
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-21-10, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

so far exiled plasma is the winner but its still to early to tell

I like the plots so far keep it coming

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-21-10, 11:28 PM

Just thought I would reinforce my support for Exiled Plasma with a very crude drawing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EXILED PLASMA MARINE.jpg (148.9 KB, 6 views)
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-22-10, 12:09 AM

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode