Mephiston possessed? - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-19-10, 04:43 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-21-10, 02:57 PM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

well if the emeperor did kill one of the most noble Primarchs imagine the uproar amongst the others who had sided with the emperor, i mean as far as i know the angel saw the best in everyone no matter what and he was popular...somehow i think that the powers that be could not allow the truth to be told so it was easier to blame Horus as he was already mad in thier eyes and the crime of the father covered up "Its ok we'll say Horus did it that will keep the Blood Angels in line" no wonder Mephiston seems a little distracted of late,.
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-21-10, 05:56 PM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
Thats an interesting theory but I was thinking more along the lines of seeing what really happened during Sanguinius's last battle with Horus.
There has already been some speculation on other threads about what really happened when the Emperor faced Horus, how seeing Sanguinius dead didn't seem to bother him but seeing a custodes getting all toasty pushed him over the edge.
It's always been my guess that it wasn't Horus that killed Sanguinius, it was the Emperor.
Sanguinius and Horus were very close before the Heresy, what if, during their last confrontation, Horus manged to talk him round and turn him against the Emperor?

Horus is distracted by the Custodes and the Emperor kills Sanguinius, Horus is distraught at the loss of his closest brother and loses control, the Emperor uses this to finish him off as well.

If Mephiston has seen this as a result of falling to the black rage and has come out of the other side then that would put the future of the whole Chapter in jeopardy. Maybe he sees the need to fight for the preservation of humanity but knows that the Empire is built on lies. That the God Emperor is nothing more than a sham.
I would have to disagree! After reading the Lost and the damned section about the Emperor, it might be old but so far one of the few sources about the end of the Heresy. Its shows clearly Emp and Sang were separated in the teleporter by reasons unknown. Either malfunctioning in the teleporter or Horus did something. However after fighting hordes of daemons, he finds the dead BA-primarch at Horus feet. Even though he doesnt show great emotions about (lets face, when was the last time Emp cried?) but it doesnt mean he didnt care about his sons, Horus the most for starters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
I know this is a long shot, but,....

If you look at the final battle picture from CVs, Sanguinius was killed by a sword blow/ thrust. Horus had a lightning claw/ talon and a power maul. The Big E had a power sword....

Only the emperor knows...
Thats a subject that has been up for specualtion before. I think it might just be an error by the artist.

Last edited by forkmaster; 06-21-10 at 05:59 PM.

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-21-10, 07:34 PM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Thats the canocal expalination of the battle in throne room, but no one was there to witness prove or deny that. Remember the emp doesn't get upset when he "finds" a dead sanguinius but goes loko when horus kills a custodes.

Maybe the truth is far darker though.
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-22-10, 05:12 AM

Raptor_00's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkmaster View Post
Thats a subject that has been up for specualtion before. I think it might just be an error by the artist.
Was it an error, or was the artist trying to tell us something...that he's part of a secret organization that knows the truth and has been hiding it from the masses until the time is right to reveal the truth...or did the picture just look more "kick ass" that way...we'll never know.

I'm all for a good conspiracy though. Maybe Sang didn't want the Emperor to kill Horus and stepped between them, the Emperor couldn't stay his hand in time and killed his son.
Maybe, is Sang did go all vamp on Horus he realized the power of chaos and was turned, the Emperor then killed him and was to upset because he was controlling the taint of chaos from spreading.

Hopefully, if the Horus Heresy novels start pushing the storyline a little further we can get to that point and find out.

post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-22-10, 05:24 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Correct me if I am wrong but don't the death guard have visions of tweetys' death at the hands of HORUS? If the emperor killed him it would be a bit odd wouldnt it?
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-22-10, 08:30 AM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but don't the death guard have visions of tweetys' death at the hands of HORUS? If the emperor killed him it would be a bit odd wouldnt it?
I'm assuming you mean Death Company and not the icky Nurgle types?
It's hard to know exactly what goes on when a Marine falls to the black Rage. My theory was just speculation based on other 'conspiracy' theories.
What if Mephiston has seen something that he probably wishes he hadn't?

Of course there could be other answers, maybe he is possessed, maybe Sanguinius was too sorely tested and did turn to Chaos. Maybe, he was forced to go by the Emperor despite forseeing his own death.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-22-10, 02:35 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Yeah I meant death comp.
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-22-10, 03:03 PM
DonFer's Flag is: Bolivia

I don't think The Emperor killed Saguinus. It is clear that that part of the fluff is cannon and will not change since they publish it everywhere, even products not meant for hardcore fans like ourselves (i.e. Horus Heresy BG).

Also I seem to remember (not sure where I read this), that Sanguinus was able to see the future and in that he predicted his own death. So teleporting to the Bridge where Horus was, could certainly had been his plan to face the death he foresaw. So if there is a mistery in this whole mess, I reckon it should be what Sanguinus saw to be his death and what happened before the arrival of the Emperor. Moreover, I reckon that the Emperor was aware of this and saw it as inevitable and maybe even necessary.

Last edited by DonFer; 06-22-10 at 03:06 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode