Would you submit? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-10, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Default Would you submit?

Hypothetical.

1: If you had a choice between becoming a necron or simply dying what would you do?

2: Likewise, serve chaos or accept death?

3: Let the DE capture you or take the bullet?

4: Fight the tyranid to the finish or just end it?

For me, with little to lose, I would:

1: Submit. An eternity of gradually declining sanity fuelled by hatred is... I don`t know, but I would do it. I cannot die, and there is no punishment for failure. What`s to lose?

2: Die. Chaos will not simply let you fade if you fail. Better to be dead than damned, this was an easy choice for me.

3: Similar story to chaos, a death wish does not mean I want to suffer. I`d rather it be quick.

4: Fight. Let my last moments be a testament to my hatred for everything I have cause to regret.

Don`t answer if you don`t want to. I just have a morbid curiosity and was wondering how people would react in different scenarios of death and defeat. That`s why only those four races are up there, the rest fit in one way or another.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-10, 09:15 AM

Kale Hellas's Flag is: Australia

1: If you had a choice between becoming a necron or simply dying what would you do?
die immortality is a fear of mine
chaosdon't know why i just would
bullet
fight to the last then blow up in a giant fiery explosion

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-10, 09:23 AM

Alexious's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Hypothetical.

Simply die...

Accept Death

Get Captured... I like pain...

To the end... XENO SCUM

For me, with little to lose, I would:

1: Submit. An eternity of gradually declining sanity fuelled by hatred is... I don`t know, but I would do it. I cannot die, and there is no punishment for failure. What`s to lose?

2: Die. Chaos will not simply let you fade if you fail. Better to be dead than damned, this was an easy choice for me.

3: Similar story to chaos, a death wish does not mean I want to suffer. I`d rather it be quick.

4: Fight. Let my last moments be a testament to my hatred for everything I have cause to regret.

Don`t answer if you don`t want to. I just have a morbid curiosity and was wondering how people would react in different scenarios of death and defeat. That`s why only those four races are up there, the rest fit in one way or another.

Of course, it does depend on some things.... how cute is this DE who captured me?

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-10, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Uhhh... Really really cute. Is it her you`re into or the pain?

Are you still keen if this DE is not female?

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-10, 05:14 PM

cranvill's Flag is: England

to be homest i dont think you would get a choice it as we are human not necreonic so we just get flayed.

death my ex wife got my soul as well as the house.

strap me up crack on.

cack my pants but fight as long as i could.

Originally Posted by Jdwoogie
It just dawned on me that we turned a thread on a warhammer 40k site into a thread about vesectomies.... AWESOME!!! To bring it bit back on topic... Did the doctor use a frost blade to perform the precedure? i really hope he didn't use a thundar hammer.

Originally Posted by VanquisherMBT
Don't wanna read about some big breasted maid milking her dairy cows then milking the horse.

Who the feth milks a horse?

Yer i know my spelling and grammer suck but just so you know its not me being lazy just thick
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-10, 05:18 PM

Sangus Bane's Flag is: Netherlands

Necron, and I'll dance the robot all day long... OMG that rhymes!!! :O

depends on the way I'll die, chaos has he tendency to make it long and very, very painful

definetly death! once the DE capture you your 'life' is over anyway.

Nids... hmmm can I get a big gun? cuz I'll fight those bugs!

Please have a look at my space marines.

Lord Bane says: "Keep your water bill low, drink more beer!"

My girlfriend said she didn't like Daft Punk. She's single now. Hahahahahaha lol, just kidding. She's dead...
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-10, 05:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Hypothetical.

1. Servitude without will for all eternity as a machine or death? Its essentially the same thing because I will no longer be me, just some metallic shell with a powerful gun unable to have free will or choice of my own. Death.

2. Here we go, maintain my free will but depending on which god, if any, favours me a corruption of my morals. I'd serve chaos, because evil is but a matter of perspective; freedom from pain, to know what will happen, to find limitless pleasure, to be tough or strong, to potentially become so much more than I am right now, to see things or go places I could never dream of normally. Sure why not.

3. No brainer here; if they are capturing you, its for endless torture that they can and will drag out for what will become an eternity regardless of how short it may turn out to be. I'll take the bullet.

-That being said, there is a short story in, I believe its Let the Galaxy Burn, where a commissar and some guardsmen are captured and brought to Commorragh. The guardsmen want to just kill themselves but the commissar inspires and leads them to escape, resist, and kill some Dark Eldar before they are all killed. Sometimes you can do more, no matter how little it may in fact be, in captivity than by simply rolling over and dieing.

4. Each and every 'nid killed may mean and do nothing, but if they are gonna kill me than might as well waste a bit of bio-mass in the process. You can do more, regardless of how little, by living for that much longer rather than just letting yourself die. Fight to the finish

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-10, 06:25 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

1 I would kill as many necrons as I could before death took me. There is no point in living if I cannot feel alive so no point in becoming a necron.

#2 I would want to say that I would die before that but given the choice between life and death I would become a champion of the false gods.

#3 I would allow them to capture me but I would bring some sort of blunt force weapon. There is nothing more frightening to a frail xeno than being trapped in an enclosed space with a being swinging a large bat about its head with utter disregard for its own safety.

#4 Again, take down as many as possible before setting of the nuke. Lol

Last edited by gen.ahab; 04-05-10 at 07:28 PM.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-10, 06:49 PM

murdock129's Flag is: United Kingdom

1. I'd die, becoming a Necron would be so torturous
2. Serve chaos, ok sure you'd be hunted by everyone in the Imperium but the rewards would be incredible
3. Die, being a DE slave would be worse than death
4. Fight to the finish, I mean chances are I'll die anyway, I may as well try and take some Tyranids with me

'Huddle close to your Emperor if he makes you feel safe. He cannot save you for only Chaos is eternal'

Online Petition
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-10, 07:44 PM

ElTanko's Flag is: United Kingdom

1: would it make much difference, either you die and thats it, or you become a robot and lose your mind/freedom/personality, so you might as well be dead!

2: Chaos all the way, why not become uber evil and powerful!

3: Die, don't think anyone is sadistic enough to get tortured by those guys!

4: Go down fighting till the end, get hacked to pieces and spend the rest of eternity with the Emperor knowing you did the best you could!

ElTanko

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode