Something to make you think. - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-03-10, 08:09 PM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think its simply artistic license, errors like this pop up in a load of artwork and even black libary fiction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-03-10, 08:17 PM

We could all also take a moment to remember that only a very short time previous to the events shown in the picture, Sanguinius killed a bloodthirster in some epic battle, and was also involved in a _very_ prolonged battle (weeks) outside of the Emperor's palace with entire legions of chaos space marines.......

Are we really going to question a little bit of battle damage on his armour?

PS: The sword on the ground belongs to Sanguinius. It is featured in many pictures of him. It is always red, too.

All of this has happened before.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-03-10, 08:57 PM
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

warsmith7752's Flag is: United Kingdom

That pictue makes me want to sucumb to the black rage.

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-03-10, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailene View Post
That doesn't look much like a sword thrust or cut.

A thrust would be a lot cleaner. Even if he turned the blade to release the suction, it wouldn't make tear in the armor like that.

A sword cut wouldn't have all those ends of the armor going out in every direction. They would all be facing the same way.

Now what it DOES look like is an round-ish object going through his back and into his chest. Maybe like...a lightning claw's finger? Additional holes can be covered by the leopard print skin or they did not puncture far enough to reach the other side.
ya i agree with the other members who think that the wound does not look like one made by a sword

i don't think there's any error, i think the wound looks like it was made by a lightning claw finger and apparently only one finger went deep enough to come out the other side
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-03-10, 11:51 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

As Real said Sanguinius had just come from an incredibly brutal battle when he teleported to Horus' ship, where he then then had to battle his way to Horus' throne room so a little bit of damage is to be expected.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-10, 02:29 AM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
As Real said Sanguinius had just come from an incredibly brutal battle when he teleported to Horus' ship, where he then then had to battle his way to Horus' throne room so a little bit of damage is to be expected.
I find it odd that there seem to be no other signs of damage though.

To me, it likes a poke from a little finger. (connected to a lightning claw) But that`s just what I can see. HH Collected Visions has a great picture of this, and after staring at it for a while, this is all I can come up with. Horus DID claim to have strangled him barehanded, but who`s gonna believe that? Red`s neck looks fine to me. (other than it`s not breathing...)

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-10, 02:37 AM

I don't remember the claim being that he was throttled bare-hand, but I did hear that he was strangled to death.

All of this has happened before.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-10, 03:05 AM
Feed

It`s what horus said to the emperor. If you haven`t got Collected Visions you should get it, because the story is all laid out. When the Emp finds Horus, Horus brags about killing Red bare handed, throttling the life from him because he refused to turn to chaos.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-10, 05:04 PM
Craw-Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
Well... You see the sword laying on the ground close to Sanguinus Dead body, the (bastard) Horus might have used it to kill Sanguinus...
Looks like Sanguinus sword actually. But it obvously is just a good looking painting. Can you imagine one of the rembrancers taking a photo and going...

"Nice Horus, nice pose do a cool gesture with your hands."
"Lets stick out that chest some more emperor."
"For fuck sakes Sanguinus stop twitching and smile for the camera."

As for the photo. I agree none of those wounds would be done by the mace or the fist/claw. Unless somehow Horus stuck on of his Claw fingers in him. The wound looks like an exit wound. So kudos to anyone how said it wasn't clean. The metal opening is opening out. So I suspect he was stabbed from behind from the looks of the picture.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-10, 05:43 PM

Coder59's Flag is: England

Horus didn't have any Face Huggers running around on The Vengeful Spirit did he?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode