What Language do the Orks speak? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-02-10, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talthewicked View Post
Are you sure? I would have thought that they speak English ... GW is from England and whatnot. Contrary to public belief Americans do NOT speak English, we speak American, a bastardized version, or dialect of English. Come to think of it Orks sound very similar to us Americans ... wonder why that is?
What? I always saw Ork speak as a really trashy English dialect. Just look at their slang. "Sod off," for example. Certainly not an American colloquialism. Plus the inability to pronounce "H," with words like "head" becoming "ead," is very stereotypical of an English accent. The only "American" thing about Orkz is their preference for "Z's" over "S's."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-03-10, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Coder59's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3k3000 View Post
What? I always saw Ork speak as a really trashy English dialect. Just look at their slang. "Sod off," for example. Certainly not an American colloquialism. Plus the inability to pronounce "H," with words like "head" becoming "ead," is very stereotypical of an English accent. The only "American" thing about Orkz is their preference for "Z's" over "S's."
Exactly they're almost like ye olde english football hooligans. For gods sake they even had a book years ago called "ERE WE GO, ERE WE GO, ERE WE GO!" or something similar. And for the uninitiated "ERE WE GO!" is an english football chant.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-03-10, 02:44 PM

Warlock in Training's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder59 View Post
Exactly they're almost like ye olde english football hooligans. For gods sake they even had a book years ago called "ERE WE GO, ERE WE GO, ERE WE GO!" or something similar. And for the uninitiated "ERE WE GO!" is an english football chant.
I think so too. If they spoke American English it would be full of "whaz up" or "Bitchez and hoez" or "I befo E ezept afta C" .

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-03-10, 02:58 PM

Praetorian's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Are you sure? I would have thought that they speak English ... GW is from England and whatnot. Contrary to public belief Americans do NOT speak English, we speak American, a bastardized version, or dialect of English. Come to think of it Orks sound very similar to us Americans ... wonder why that is?
I see what you mean but they speak in a cockney accent, I am a cockney and I recognise one of my own . Anybody English would recognise it as such.

'Fortitudine Vincimus'
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-10, 02:12 AM
Feed

Even I recognise the cockney accent, and I`m on the other side of the planet. While the speech may be cockney, I believe the mannerism more closely resembles an aussie yobbo.

In case you`re wondering, Yes, Australia has rednecks too. We call them yobbos and bogans.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-10, 02:30 AM

Cruor99's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Cockney is an english dialect, mate ;)

The day you met me may have been the most life-changing day of your life. For me, it was simply tuesday.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-10, 02:43 AM

Kale Hellas's Flag is: Australia

orks are a cross of rednecks, bogans and whatever it is english people have that speak strange.
cockney accent, american writing and australian bogan stupidity so its a multicultural race of earths idiots.

anyone who takes offence to this i am sorry. kind of

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-10, 02:46 AM
Feed

PC is a joke. Spot on, Kale Hellas.

FIGHT FOR FREE SPEECH!

Yes, I am an equal oppurtunity rascist. I hate humans in general.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-10, 07:35 PM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Ploss View Post
They're basically plants anyways, or fungi, if you will. Their DNA is considered to be a viral genus, and they reproduce by spores. yay! talking plants!

the fact that they have any sort of intelligent language at all, is a testament to their adaptability as a species.

CP
Well there is an old saying if you talk to your plants they feel ebtter and grow more so maybe we should stop talking to the Orks at all?
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-10, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Coder59's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkmaster View Post
Well there is an old saying if you talk to your plants they feel ebtter and grow more so maybe we should stop talking to the Orks at all?
Then they would punch you. I allways wondered what happened if you offered an Ork booze.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode