Dan Abnett on Missing Primarchs - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-09-10, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

Meh sorry but I want to know who the missing Primarchs are and I want them to be the most badass ones of them all who really stir things up.

You're too negative lol, I'm all for the emperor getting revived and dealing with Chaos, a powerful resurgence of the Ctan, necrons, tyranids and heck why not an additional alien threat?

I like my fluff fresh and full of action
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-09-10, 02:11 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Then your playing the wrong game.
post #13 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-09-10, 02:14 PM

Coder59's Flag is: England

It's odd but I've never really been curious about those two lost legions. I know there is the theory that Horus killed one of them during his 'Vision' *Cough* Bollocks *Cough* but that allways seemed a bit too daft to me.

I always worked on the assumption that the two mission Primarchs were either just never found or died on the worlds they landed on. It seemed to add a little more grit to the whole concept that not everybody was found.

Of course that's not the only theory I have. A long buried theory of mine was formed after I read the fluff about the Black Library, and Ahriman's attack being repulsed by it's mysterious 'Guardians' for some reason this idea just formed in my head about one of the lost Primarchs being found by the Eldar instead of humans and being initially taught and trained by them. I then had this mad idea that when the Big E found him and gave him control of his legion the first thing he did was turn traitor and vanish into the webway eventually taking up custodianship of the Black Library.

Course I never really did anything else with that theory because while I could imagine a Primarch doing that the idea of an entire army of Marines going bye bye with the Emperor out and about and active in the crusade just didn't seem realistic to me.

But I say roll on Dan Abnett i would love to see some fluff about the 2nd and 11th primarchs if just to put an end to the crappy fan fluff like mine.

post #14 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-09-10, 03:44 PM
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect

Commissar Ploss's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder59 View Post
But I say roll on Dan Abnett i would love to see some fluff about the 2nd and 11th primarchs if just to put an end to the crappy fan fluff like mine.
don't put yourself down! fan fluff ROX!!1!

The Founding Fields

post #15 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-09-10, 05:30 PM

I think some mysteries are better left unanswered an some mysteries really ought to have answers. I want to know why there's a blood war, what the Lady of Pain really is, and all that rot. The missing primarchs I don't care too much about, but letting continuity and progress go stagnent for the sake of sales is, from an artistic standpoint, a poor idea. I think something big needs to change in the setting.
post #16 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-09-10, 06:01 PM

I think Abnett should sod off.

All of this has happened before.
post #17 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-09-10, 06:26 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

1) We don't particularly care if you dislike BL's most popular author, though thanks for sharing

2) Abnett's workload stuns me, if he ever produces more than 1 BL novel in a year then hats off to him...though I hope he doesn't reveal too much regarding the unknown Primarchs.
post #18 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-09-10, 06:34 PM

1) I don't particularly care if you don't particularly care if I dislike BL's most popular author, though thanks for sharing

2) Dan Abnett's novels are basically all the same. I wouldn't be surprised if they were all based on a template - all he needs to do is kill off almost every character, in every novel he writes, and he has another book for little geeks to froth at the mouth over.

You never know; he has already basically plagiarised the entire series of Sharpe novels in the Gaunt's Ghosts series - he may aswell find a few more popular war stories to mimic.

All of this has happened before.
post #19 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-09-10, 06:53 PM

Helvron's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Sanguinius View Post
You never know; he has already basically plagiarised the entire series of Sharpe novels in the Gaunt's Ghosts series - he may aswell find a few more popular war stories to mimic.

So Danny has plagiarised Scottish ninjas in the 41 millenia... some one wrote that before?

"It was your lies and betrayal that have brought you in to ruin and Misery, not I. I am the wrath of the Emperor sent forth to drag you from the shadows into the condeming light of day!" -Lord Castellan Ikarus Terriome to The treacherous Lord Governor Tarkit greenbor (sower of the Untruths) during the Crusade of lights in the Ashurboren System
post #20 of 121 (permalink) Old 03-09-10, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvron View Post
So Danny has plagiarised Scottish ninjas in the 41 millenia... some one wrote that before?
Wow the image of a Scottish ninja complete with the accent is pure win.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode