are there more than the 4 (maybe 5) main chaos gods - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-09-10, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

are there more than the 4 (maybe 5) main chaos gods

i was just wondering if other than Khorne, Tzeench, Nurgle and Slaanesh. maybe Malal there were other minor deities in the warp coming from other emotions. if there was they would be incredibly weak in comparison to the others, but is it still possible?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-09-10, 10:03 AM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Certainly Fantasy fluff refers to there probably being other lesser gods; Liber Chaotica in particular has several pieces on the gods of the Northern Tribes where it suggests there are small gods. There is even a theory on the Old gods (Ulric, Taal, &c.) being forces of Chaos.

Realms of Chaos had rules for creating your own Chaos gods, so if you count those books as still part of canon then it is a certainty.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-09-10, 10:56 AM

MJayC50's Flag is: United Kingdom

yes certainly! if emotions gather together in the warp then im sure there is a warp god for love (cupid in the 40k universe, hmm) sods god - the god of sods law (prolly an aspect of tzeeentch) the warp is your oyster! (good of oysters not available at this time) remember in the second horus book we are introduced to the 'lord of shadows' a god of shadows that feeds off of the fear of dark places? sure thing! they are weak compared to the others infact most have probably been eaten by them. look at the eldar gods! most of them were eaten/enslaved by slaanesh. lilith and the laughing god remain. harly boy in the webway - giggling like a schoolgirl and lileth chained to grandfather nurgles pestulance pot being exposed to deadly virus's! (aye aye - nurgle you sly old dog)

*i wonder if there is a god of wargaming...

As for the statement that hes a pussy in close combat... ignore that. He shreds things. Nothing with Str 10, 5 attacks that ignore invunerable saves should be called a pussy. - JackalMJ

*** Oxford Gaming Club Blog ***

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-09-10, 04:56 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

There are minor Gods, that I know of. I cannot recall their names, however Chaos Astartes add spikes to their armour in worship of these Gods. I do not think they are ones of emotion however, but yes, in short term, there are minor Gods.

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-09-10, 05:27 PM

Farseer Darvaleth's Flag is: Great Britain

There are plenty of minor Gods, to many to count.
Loads of them, hundreds of minor Gods, because after all they count Daemon Princes as almsot gods themselves, the step up is a demi-god of Chaos.
The books mention loads of gods but four main Chaos Powers: Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh, and Tzeentch.

Although not many are named, if any at all, I guess if any of the Primarchs survived they would be gods, and I guess there will be something somewhere that lets you create your own god for use in a game (with the opponents consent, which generally they aren't gonna let you use a god.) but the reason GW don't publish much on them is this:

Imagine the scene. Two gamers, one of Chaos, one of Space marines, are about to start. The Chaos player asks:
"Oh, you won't really mind, but I just thought I might use my God for this match."
"You mean Daemon Prince or some special character?" replies the Marine player.
"No no, its the god of KILLY EVERYTHING and he was stats 10 all the way across, except he has 20 wounds, he instant deaths everything on a 2+, hits automatically, re-rolls failed wounds etc etc..." the Vhaos player rambles on.
"And guess what? He's *only* 150pts!"

The Marine player begins to pack up, before sarcastically remarking,
"You wanna use Horus too? Or shall I get out the Emperor, I just happen to have a couple of them, you wouldn't mind if I used two?"

When the Chaos player eagerly says yes, the Marine player shouts *Purge the Unclean* bomps him on the head and runs away.

A bit over the top but that's what GW does it for. (Or rather, doesn't do it.)

Give a man a match, and he's warm for a day.

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Cato Marquand
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-09-10, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

il have to find the rules on making one... so i can an army dedicated to him..
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-09-10, 06:32 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yes there are countless 'minor' Chaos powers. Some created from differing emotions/worship from the material realm and some extremley powerful Greater Daemons/Daemon Princes could even be classed as 'minor' Chaos Gods - such as those who are powerful enough to carve out their own realms in the Formless Wastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-10-10, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

just another question, which emotions do the four main gods live off.. if thats the right termage for it, should say gain power really...

just to know what emotions i can play around with, like fear? maybe pride even...
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-10-10, 06:51 AM

BiOHaTe's Flag is: Australia

So if a bunch of nihilists got together and formed a cult, they would create the chaos god of nothing.

"If man dedicates his life to good deeds and welfare of others, he will die unthanked and unremembered. If he excercises his genius bringing misery and death to billions, his name will echo down through the millennia for a hundred lifetimes. Infamy is always more preferable to ignominy. "
- Fabius Bile at the Desecration of Kanzuz IX
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-10-10, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

well i always thought it was from emotions but parently not.. so maybe

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode