ultimate Battle - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-10, 04:24 AM Thread Starter

cheef3's Flag is: USA

Default ultimate Battle

what would happen in a battle with the emporer and all 20 primarchs(pre heresy)
vs.gork n' mork vs.all 4 chaos gods vs. the c'tan vs.the hive mind vs.kaine ,phoenix lords,laughing gods ect...for eldar vs.whatevar the tau have to offer to this fight. please tell me your opinion on how it would go and what/who i left out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-10, 04:56 AM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Whoever the plot so dictates will win.

Of course this is Warhammer 40k. There can only be war! So it'll more or less be a draw, maybe with a minor victory to someone.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-10, 04:58 AM

Snowy's Flag is: Australia

Gork n' Mork for the win, they can never be beaten, or so it says in the codex, but if I was to be me and go for the underdogs I'd say that the Empy and his son's would come a close second, and remember, the Chaos gods and the Mork n' Gork are Warp beings, but the Eldar god's would still be able to take part,

Hey, what about the Old Ones

I'm a major fan of Winston Churchill and Walter Tompson (his bodyguard.) So that is why my avatar is of Winson and Walter. No I'm not wierd, I'm not stupid, I'm just Snowy.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-10, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheef3 View Post
what would happen in a battle with the emporer and all 20 primarchs(pre heresy)
vs.gork n' mork vs.all 4 chaos gods vs. the c'tan vs.the hive mind vs.kaine ,phoenix lords,laughing gods ect...for eldar vs.whatevar the tau have to offer to this fight. please tell me your opinion on how it would go and what/who i left out.
This is pretty ridiculous, but I respect you for your over the top thinking. Warhammer 40K is all about taking an idea and cranking it up to 11.

If we're assuming that all these forces could combat one another on a real, tangible level, it'd go like this:

First off, if the Emperor was in fit condition and on good terms with all twenty primarchs humanity would be able to put up a decent fight. They have strength in numbers, but sadly that wouldn't be much in the face of these odds. The Emperor's pretty beast, but he falls quite a bit short of a chaos god, and neither 20 nor 200 primarchs at his side will make a difference. The lot of them might be a match for, say, the void dragon, but suggesting they'd come out of this match-up victorious is laughable.

Gork and Mork are powerful enough to be more or less indestructible, even to other gods. This doesn't mean they'd win, mind. The chaos gods and maybe the c'tan would be able to take them out of the fight, if not necessarily put them down permenantly.

The hive mind is not an entity. It can't participate in a fight.

Khaine is a broken god and even with his considerable power he'd be no match for most of the combatants. If he were back in his glory days he'd be able to pummel Nightbringer at the least in addition to the other C'tan. I have no idea how powerful Cegorach is in relation to the other Eldar gods, nor do I know where the phoenix lords stand. I assume they're weaker than the primarchs?

The Tau have no tangible gods that I know of. A weak warp presence will do that.

The C'tan will be in the running for some time. Between the raw power of the Void Dragon and Nightbringer as well as the manipulation of the Deciever, the C'tan have decent firepower and tactics in their favor. However, their power pales in comparison to the chaos gods.

If their expressed intent was the destruction of the listed opposition, and they were allowed to bear their full power, the chaos gods would claim an easy victory. They'd slaught the C'tan, murder the Emperor and his children, disperse Kaine's avatar, and beat down Gork and Mork until interest took them elsewhere. Nothing in the series compares to the might of the chaos gods.

All in all, I say it goes something like this: Chaos>C'tan> Gork and Mork> Emperor> Eldar with the Tau and Tyranids not being in the running.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-10, 06:33 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Don't forget it was the emperor who defeated the void dragon single handed and imprisoned it on mars. Also it took the combined might of the 4 gods all assisting Horus to wound him.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-10, 06:41 AM

But remember the Empy only put the Void Dragon down because the Talismans of Vaul weakened him first, and the Void Dragon is the most powerful C'tan from what I've heard.

I'm a major fan of Winston Churchill and Walter Tompson (his bodyguard.) So that is why my avatar is of Winson and Walter. No I'm not wierd, I'm not stupid, I'm just Snowy.

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-10, 06:53 AM

The chaos gods alone could tear the emperor and co apart on their own. An easy win for team god.

I can read your mind. Right now you think I'm lying.

games from August 2009 - now
w/d/l
21/4/6

Check out my black legion W.I.P

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-10, 06:55 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Yes well, he still brought him down is what I'm saying. If they are so powerful why do they not destroy him? The truth is that they are incapable of destroying him.

Last edited by gen.ahab; 02-09-10 at 06:57 AM.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-10, 07:54 AM

Maybe he's like Jesus, kill him and he'll just get on back up, more badass each time.

Wait, maybe he is Jesus, holy Christ.

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-10, 08:44 AM

XxDreMisterxX's Flag is: USA

haha, you all silly!

This conflict depends on highly on were the location of the fight is! If its the material plane then chaos gods would have a hard time winning and so would most warp entities, so it would be mostly up to the Ctan, Emperor and his primarchies, and Tau, Eldar pheonix Lords (which are super strong but probably not as strong as primarchs due to them only being special through their millenia long existence and battle experience, there physique and size makes them at a disadvantage against primarchs and they would lose to all of the above except the Tau, but also remember Maugen Ra held off an entire Tyranid invasion by himself and rescued his home craftworld from the warp! so there strength is really situational)

But if the battle occured in the warp, the Chaos gods would Definately win! Not only do they know the warp like the back of their hand but also are super powerful! seeing as their graeter daemons are just a tiny fragment of their overall strength. Khorne is said to be way bigger then a Imperator emperor class titan! His sword can cut through the sky like butter as proved in the battle of Ghesttos. The other chaos gods are also extremely strong in their own sense. Slaanesh managed to wipe out almost all the Eldar warp gods by himself! and that was when he was first born! just imagine how powerful he is now.

Also when The Emperor fought the 4 chaos gods in horus he only beat them because he managed to kill the vessel that they possessed (Horus) and so could not put up a proper fight. I do give some credit to his power though and his level of intelligence and warp influence, his primarchs are probably not as strong as him so they would get pwned by everything else (except Eldar PL's and Tau.)

C'tan are basically parasitic star entities that eat start energy to survive and also have other means of getting energy besides star, as the Nightbringer has constantly proven by harvesting humans and other life forms. They are not technically gods, and are only called that by their followers, the Necrontyr and the fact they need Physical bodies to retain their form, then those bodies can be destroyed and make them weak, they are also afraid of the warp hence there need to Shut it off from the material world. Talismans of Vaul did much to weaken the strongest of the C'tan, the void-dragon which i can acknowledge, but if he was to be weakened by such weaponry which would hardly effect the Chaos gods then they would thus be weaker then chaos gods. Though if the emperor was to be hit by a warp cannon that can destroy a planet, then he would probably be dead. Thats my 24 cents! haha, be sure to criticize this post and tell me your opinions on how you feel i have covered this.

"Imagination is for turbo-nerds who can’t handle how kick-butt reality is… I am a kick-butt reality master! I would rather die than be imaginative."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Ploss View Post
i'm quite proud of this statement of mine, and i doubt it'll ever be quoted: "This is Heresy-Online, not Fluffy-Bunny Online." yep, that's a good'un. write that down folks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode