Sanguinius Vs Angron. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-02-10, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Coder59's Flag is: England

Default Sanguinius Vs Angron.

BATTLE OF THE BERZERKERS!

One thing I allways wanted to see during the heresy was these two Primarchs going toe to toe in a fight to the death. And I'm not talking about regular Angron either I mean big Daemon Primarch Angron. Why Daemon Primarch? Well I'll tell you in the rather spiffy Audiobook "Raven's Flight" Corax is almost forced into a duel with Angron and knows theres no way in hell he can win. In fact he muses to himself that the only two Primarchs who CAN take Angron are Sanguinius and Horus, that's right Leman Russ doesn't even get a look in with these two.

So how about it.

Or

Personally I'm coming down on the side of Angel Boy. Why? Well lets face it both these guys have wings and can fly, so the duel is inevitably going to take to the air. Sanguinius has been fighting on the wing his entire life, Angron hasn't it's brand new to him, In fact I haven't found a single account of him fighting in the air DESPITE having wings. Coupled with that is Angron's much increased bulk yeh but makes him stronger but he isn't going to be as nimble as the Angel of Baal. That coupled with Angron's allmost mindless rage could work against him when fighting somebody of Sanguinius Calibur and experience. The second reason is that Angron has absolutely no experience fighting anything as strong or tough as himself. Sure he slaughters Marines and Xenos no problem but he's never come up against anything that could match a Primarch. Sanguinius has, he's been to Signus he's learned from his battles with the Daemons about fighting opponents on an equal footing with himself. Angron might be a killer but Sanguinius is a fighter.

On Angron's side of course is that apocalyptic rage coupled with his sheer might and unstopability Yeh Sanguinius is tough but Angron is tougher still and is going to take a lot of killing in this state, and all the while he's going to be fighting like hell.

All this is assuming of course Angron doesn't just get his head blown off by the Loyalists such as what happens to every Daemon Prince I've ever seen on the board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-02-10, 04:38 PM

kaled's Flag is: United Kingdom

Corax muses that Sanguinius may be able to take Angron in a fight, but Angron isn't a daemon prince at that point. We can only suppose that Angron becomes even more powerful once he's elevated to daemonhood and I'd put my money on a daemonic primarch over Sanguinius.

I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

The Inquisitorial Gallery
The Conclave Hobby Competition Gallery
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-02-10, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaled View Post
Corax muses that Sanguinius may be able to take Angron in a fight, but Angron isn't a daemon prince at that point. We can only suppose that Angron becomes even more powerful once he's elevated to daemonhood and I'd put my money on a daemonic primarch over Sanguinius.
A worthy argument. But Corax also says this about Horus, whereas we know that Sanguinius could steam roller Horus in a fight before his daemonic enhancement. I'm sticking with my argument that Sanguinius's skill and mental abilitys would win over Angron's Daemon Haxx codes.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-02-10, 05:32 PM

revenant13's Flag is: USA

id go with the Angel. the Spear of Telesto would be annoying as hell for angron. soon as hes within cc range, Angel just lights his ass up with the built in flamer. sure its not gonna kill him but that would be very distracting, enough to get him killed if he doesnt recover on the spot.

post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-02-10, 07:08 PM

Thousandth Son's Flag is: United Kingdom

Angron. He has the power of a Daemon Primarch and all the benefits that comes with it. We shouldn't use examples like "he isn't used to having wings" and "his anger could be used against him" in my opinion. He is a Daemon Primarch, so mortal experience like getting used to flying may not be the same as humans.
The same goes for the argument of "being too bulky". Space Marines are very bulky, but despite this they are inhumanly fast compared to normal humans and also quite agile despite their bulk.

Also, who knows what battles Angron has fought? In his time as a Daemon Primarch, he may have fought thousands of batlles in the warp against rival daemons and Princes.

However, despite all this Sanguinius is still...well, Sanguinius, so who knows what could happen? I'd rather have a killer than a fighter on my team, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Are you actually expecting an Inquisitor to teleport in to your house with a squad of GKs and stomp all over the little plastic space men you just played a homemade campaign with?
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-02-10, 07:46 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

If were talking about Angron post-Ascension then I would say Angron. If were talking about Angron pre-Ascension, its obviously more balanced but I would probably still say Angron. But then again these hypothetical 'Vs' situations would heavily rely on circumstance.

Corax merely muses that the only 2 Primarchs that could have stood any chance against Angron's sheer might would have been Horus & possibly Sanguinius. But that is just Corax's opinion, and is by no means fact. All that we know for sure in that regard is that Corax himself knew he couldn't have bested Angron.

As for the OP's 2 reasons for Sanguinius besting Daemon Primarch Angron; 1) He has wings, and 2) Angron seemingly has no experiance against beings of similar strength/stature - are extremley flimsy at best.

Having wings is simply not an issue, and Angron (particually as a Daemon Prince) has a lot more experiance than Sanguinius ever had regarding 'tough opponents'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

Last edited by Child-of-the-Emperor; 02-02-10 at 08:38 PM.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-02-10, 08:30 PM

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

Wings? D-Angro would just grab him mid air and pluck them like chicken feathers then he would easily pummel Sang. who would be too busy rolling in pain.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-02-10, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
If were talking about Angron post-Ascension then I would say Angron. If were talking about Angron pre-Ascension, its obviously more balanced but I would probably still say Angron. But then again these hypothetical 'Vs' situations would heavily rely on circumstance.

Corax merely muses that the only 2 Primarchs that could have stood any chance against Angron's sheer might would have been Horus & possibly Sanguinius. But that is just Corax's opinion, and is by no means fact. All that we know for sure in that regard is that Corax himself knew he couldn't have bested Angron.

As for the OP's 2 reasons for Sanguinius besting Daemon Primarch Angron; 1) He has wings, and 2) Angron seemingly has no experiance against beings of similar strength/stature - are extremley flimsy at best.

Having wings is simply not an issue, and Angron (particually as a Daemon Prince) has a lot more experiance than Sanguinius ever had regarding 'tough opponents'.
Actually we're talking Just after his ascention during the battles on Terra. Even the best warrior in the universe has to learn to use his tools. The whole argument is hypothetical but I think when it comes to Sanguinius Vs A Rageing beast which is after all what Angron is I don't think it'll be as simple as Angron going "HA GOTCHA" and tearing Birdy boy a new one. I mean this is Sanguinius we're talking about even Horus doubted he could beat him in a strait fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malus Darkblade View Post
Wings? D-Angro would just grab him mid air and pluck them like chicken feathers then he would easily pummel Sang. who would be too busy rolling in pain.
Grabbing the fast flying primarch with the great big sword doesn't seem like the wisest choice to me.

Last edited by Coder59; 02-02-10 at 10:50 PM.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-02-10, 11:06 PM

VanitusMalus's Flag is: Australia

ok first in the fluff and even in the game, Daemons with wings fly because of the magic behind them, not because of any experience with having them or some scientific reasoning, so that arguments right out the door.

Secondly Angron was a playable unit in the early editions of Epic and started the first Armageddon war and was bested by the Grey Knights. So since he was a part of the gaming experience (which mortals had a chance of taking him down) and he was banished by mortals (GK's aren't gods) I think the possibility of being bested by Sanguinis (post Ascension) is pretty balanced. Lets not see the Primarchs as simple marines who are a bit stronger, they were endowed with a small bit of Empreror's soul.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-02-10, 11:10 PM

VanitusMalus's Flag is: Australia

also I want to know where everyone gets all these cool pictures of 40K

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode