the most powerful psykers? - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-17-13, 06:57 PM

I find it intheresthing that I did not see any mention of Kaldor Dreigo, one of the most badass psykers alive!!!
He is in the warp kicking the deamons asses in the warp, he is untainted by chaos, he has destroyed the realms of the chaos gods many times over and they can not kill him.
He must be in the top 10 psykers of all times, and at least in the top 5 of those who are still alive!!

Some one said Eldar psykers are way stronger then Human psykers with the exception of the Emperor and Magnus the Red.
Hmmm well Dreigo is a strong counter argument to that claim, for example:

When the Seers of Lugganath (an army of the most gifted psykers of the craftworld cast their minds into the realm of Nurgle) invaded the gardens of Nurgle they were totally obliterated by Nurgles jungle. in the end they were turned in to trees that fruit Nurglings.

On the other hand Kaldor Dreigo burned Nurgles Plague jungle to the ground many times and still escaped unscathed.

He slayed the great Bloodthirster Kar'Voth, set fire to the jungles of Nurgle's domain, defeating the six chosen Daemonettes of Slaanesh, the Six Sisters, and destroying the fortress of the Lord of Change M'Kachan.

He is kicking the daemons asses IN THE WARP and he is unaffected by chaos!!

He must be one of the top 5 psykers that are alive today!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-17-13, 08:40 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDeRingLunatic View Post
I find it intheresthing that I did not see any mention of Kaldor Dreigo, one of the most badass psykers alive!!!
That's because you revived a thread which is older than Codex: Grey Knights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
post #53 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-17-13, 10:09 PM
Bruva I am hit!

Protoss119's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderinglunatic View Post
i find it intheresthing that i did not see any mention of kaldor dreigo, one of the most badass psykers alive!!!
ಠ_ಠ

Sorry, I'll come back when I have something more productive.

Homebrew stuff for your viewing pleasure:
The Stormhunters Fluff/Crunch - Updated 10/07/13
The Rust Legion Fluff - Updated 5/19/13
Firaeveus Carron Rules - Updated 12/9/10

post #54 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-17-13, 11:00 PM

Over Two Meters Tall!'s Flag is: USA

Can Magnus and Ahriman be considered psykers any more? Their power and fuel both come from Tzeench, so I would see them as extensions of the Chaos God(s), much like any other Greater Daemon. If either fell out of favor with Tzeench and he withdrew his power, Magnus would still be formidible assuming his body doesn't flop to the ground useless with a broken back.

At the time of his turning, Ahriman was very powerful in the Corvidae, but not much in the other disciplines.

The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load, or if you have to unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it... it's a way of life.

Nick Naylor: Cigarettes in space?
Jeff Megall: It's the final frontier, Nick.
Nick Naylor: But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?
Jeff Megall: Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'
post #55 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-18-13, 01:28 AM

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

Quote:
He is in the warp kicking the deamons asses in the warp, he is untainted by chaos, he has destroyed the realms of the chaos gods many times over and they can not kill him.
He must be in the top 10 psykers of all times, and at least in the top 5 of those who are still alive!!
:
I don't consider him an amazingly strong psyker. Rather, his willpower/belief in the Emperor/Imperium is abnormally strong.
post #56 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-18-13, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over Two Meters Tall! View Post
Magnus would still be formidible assuming his body doesn't flop to the ground useless with a broken back.
Magnus doesn't have a physical body anymore. The last spell he cast essentially turned him into a daemon. His current form is composed of Warp energy hence why it's very hard for him to manifest in realspace

Quote:
At the time of his turning, Ahriman was very powerful in the Corvidae, but not much in the other disciplines.
He was powerful at everything, he was just less powerful at other disciplines compared to the captains of those other fellowships. Right now, he might be even more powerful because he's Chaos
post #57 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-18-13, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Draigo may be badass and a psyker, but that doesn't make him a powerful psyker.

Quote:
he is untainted by chaos, he has destroyed the realms of the chaos gods many times over and they can not kill him.
The Chaos Gods could kill him at will. They don't because it amuses them. His entire existence is at their discretion, if you don't think that's taint I don't know what is.

Quote:
On the other hand Kaldor Dreigo burned Nurgles Plague jungle to the ground many times and still escaped unscathed.
As you say, he has burned it down many times, yet every time it returns exactly to normal. The same is true of every victory he has won, every kill he has ever made. Fleeting. A huge effort on his part undone in seconds by the power of the warp. That's why he exists. So the Chaos Gods can rub the nose of the most pious servant of the Imperium in his own uselessness.

"Look into my eyes, and see your death."
"Let them hate, so long as they fear."

Last edited by MEQinc; 09-18-13 at 01:55 AM.
post #58 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-18-13, 03:09 AM
Bruva I am hit!

Protoss119's Flag is: USA

Just going to throw Magister Sevrin Loth of the Red Scorpions out there, and then I'll be on my way. In addition to his psychic might, he is also unusually martially inclined for a Librarian.

Homebrew stuff for your viewing pleasure:
The Stormhunters Fluff/Crunch - Updated 10/07/13
The Rust Legion Fluff - Updated 5/19/13
Firaeveus Carron Rules - Updated 12/9/10
post #59 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-18-13, 02:56 PM

Eh, seeing as it's already been necro'd... Hyperion AKA Zael Effernetti should get a mention IMO.

He is noted as being a particular powerful psyker, even amongst the Grey Knights, which is definitely saying something.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.
post #60 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-19-13, 05:12 AM

Omoroule's Flag is: USA

I have dug up some information relevant to the discussion, because what psyker discussion would be complete without some eldar power. Prepare yourselves for text!

Someone earlier mentioned the lack of information on dark eldar psykers. There is a good reason for this, which is elaborated on in "Path of the Renegade."

"The manifold gifts of the Eldar extended to very considerable psychic prowess and their ancient civilization had been built as much with thoughts as hands. But after the Fall the use of psychic powers became a sure way to attract deamons ... It was a hard vice to resist ... but the eldar kindred of Commoragh and its satellites soon learned to shun their psychic gifts, and to destroy those who pursued them despite the consequences. Now every scrap of their mental training focused on internalizing their powers and hiding their presence from She Who Thirsts."
Path of the Renegade pg. 30-31

So the dark eldar do not openly practice as psykers, as it attracts unwanted demonic attention. It is also important to note that the dark kin do not use soul stones, like their craftworld cousins, and instead are regenerated by regrowing their body by the haemunculi using a piece of the old body. It is possible that soul stones offer some kind of protection from the warp, but this is not elaborated upon as far as I can tell...

Secondly, there was some confusion as to who are the stewards of the Black Library are. This subject is touched upon in "Path of the Outcast."

"The Black Library of Chaos - Deep in the weft and folds of the webway is a craftworld unlike any other. It was to here that the Laughing God, Cegorach, first traveled when he escaped the clutches of She Who Thirsts. The scholars who dwelt upon the craftworld were surprised to see the god appearing among them, but he stilled their excitement and related to them his tale, and that of what had happened to the other gods. The Laughing God finished his narrative and disappeared, instructing the scholars and their protectors not to forget what he had told them. Thus was the Black Library founded, and the first of the Harlequins created. From the Black Library the followers of Cegorach travel far and wide, searching for all knowledge of the powers of Chaos and the manner of the dark gods of the Othersea. Artefacts of Chaos are brought here, for study and destruction, and within thousands of grimoires and tomes and volumes and tracts has been gathered an unprecedented literature concerning the warp and its denizens."
Path of the Outcast pgs. 147,148

So there you have it. The Harlequins are the masters of the Black Library, which has been canonized as a craftworld. This makes sense since it exists within the webway, like Commoragh, and the Harlequins are known to be masters of travelling the webway and its myriad pathways. Since it appears to be a vast collection of Chaos knowledge and artefacts then naturally the eldar would not want any Chaos sorcerers gaining entry.

As to the galaxy's most powerful psykers? Well, I am sure at least a couple humans would be up there, but considering that the eldar society nurtures and fosters growth of such naturally talented psychic beings, instead of stamping out most of them, then I am sure they would rank pretty high on the list. Unfortunately, since there has not been much eldar material released aside from codecies, then the main one that we know of is Eldrad, of course.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode