the most powerful psykers? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-27-09, 01:41 AM

killmaimburn's Flag is: USA

The strongest HUMAN psyker is gamma or delta. Space marines, primarchs, and certain exceptional individuals (malcador, emperor) are higher. Alpha-Plus rogue psykers have more raw force than even eldrad...when did eldrad psychically obliterate a battle-titan all on his lonesome, as alpha-plus psykers are described as doing? I don't recall the quote but I think its in the apocalypse book or somewhere and says they can destroy a planet with as much effort as snapping their fingers. And again, I never read eldrad as being a massively potent psyker in terms of sheer force, but in subtlety and skill. He can read the strands of fate better than even, perhaps, the emperor could, but I think that in a straight up psychic duel of power to power he would lose to ahriman or an alpha plus. Ahriman, btw, strikes me as lower than an alpha plus in pure strength but stronger again in cunning and knowledge and experience. Eldrad wins on those, but not on power.
And I'm unaware of Njal's fluff so forgive me for exlcuding him. Mephiston released all his psychic potential through conquering the black rage and so is very powerful and mentally strong. Tigurius survived contacting the hive mind and retained his sanity. Ezekiel, in addition to pwning a warboss on his own, can read minds perfectly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-27-09, 01:52 AM

Fungus's Flag is: Australia

there are only four alpha grade psykers confirmed. and they are
1. The Emperor
2. Magnus the red
3. The alpha twins
4. Ahriman
All the others are beta grade at best

whats the difference between huron and guilliman?... Huron admits hes a tyrant
post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-27-09, 04:10 AM

revenant13's Flag is: USA

i would have to say magnus is more poweful than malcador since the original position of sitting on the golden throne was to be for magnus. when malcador did it he was drained into a dry husk and died.

my only argument to Khorne's Fist is that while it does seem logical-ish (the whole delta class being the highest a trained Imperial can become) towards the mid/end of Hereticus Eisenhorn said Ravenor started as a delta class psyker back when he was an apprentice but by that point in the book he was definitely much more powerful than a delta class.

post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-27-09, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
You ever heard of Slaanesh? You ever wonder where s/he came from? Right.
yes, humans got a god-like entity to protect them against the horrors of the universe, and the Eldar got.........Slaanesh

and all this talk about how powerful rogue alpha plus psykers are, wouldn't all the rogue alpha plus psykers be slaves of chaos, nothing but conduits with no free will?
post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-27-09, 07:43 AM

There's a lot about the nature of psykers that is unclear. What exactly are Dark Eldar Psykers like, where do the old ones fall into this and does the Hive Mind qualify in the semantics of the question? Does the nature of the Emperor as a psyker parallel the Chaos gods enough to disqualify them. I believe that the Emperor is more powerful than anyone of them and even rivals them combined.

post #16 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-27-09, 09:30 AM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Power means nothing without control.

Magnus had no control. (See what happened to him?)

Ahriman had no control. (See what happened to the 1k Sons?)

Rogue Psykers have no control. (Being conduits, rather than self contained individuals)

Eldrad has control. (Of most of the galaxy )

Being able to destroy a planet at will is nothing compared to the power to alter the future so that an individual/race never existed. You would never have a "1v1 Psychic Duel" with Eldrad, because he would already have manipulated you into being possessed by Chaos/dying on another battlefield/being in another part of the galaxy.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #17 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-27-09, 09:47 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
Being able to destroy a planet at will is nothing compared to the power to alter the future so that an individual/race never existed. You would never have a "1v1 Psychic Duel" with Eldrad, because he would already have manipulated you into being possessed by Chaos/dying on another battlefield/being in another part of the galaxy.
Very good point. I think Eldrad wouldn't lower himself to take part in something as crude as a one on one battle of wills. If he sees you as a threat, Eldrad has already decided your fate centuries before you are born.
post #18 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-27-09, 09:47 AM
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

As Eldrad is dead does he count any more ?
Also yea he started the war of Armaggedon but is it really that hard to trick a ork into attacking a world ? Yes he can read the future very well and using it to his advantage but in sheer power he is very low down.
Also how do Magnus and Ahirman not have control, is it just because they fell to chaos.
As Chaos is the power of the psykers I would have to say that surely the Lords of Change are more powerful than most psykers.

post #19 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-27-09, 12:06 PM

GiftofChaos1234's Flag is: Australia

well here is what an alpha plus psyker is for all those scratching their heads and wondering.

quoted from lexicanum:
"Uncontained, Alpha-Plus psykers represent an immediate and catastrophic threat to the Imperium. In theory, there is nothing that a trained Alpha-Plus psyker cannot accomplish through force of will; from snapping a Titan in half to summoning a legion of Greater Daemons. Representing such a great danger, the Inquisition usually executes Alpha-Plus psykers on sight unless the possibility for capture is nearly assured. Although extreme examples of even this classification The Emperor of Mankind and the Gods of Chaos might be concidered psykers of this magnitude."

so i think anyone of that rediculous raw power would be right up there. the only people close to that other than the mentioned above would be magnus and at a stretch ahriman. i don't think eldrad would be as i think his power is more in the real area's of cunning and manipulation and since this the most powerful psykers thread i don't think he cuts it.

the dbz fan!
post #20 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-27-09, 05:10 PM
The Hammer of Olympia

BlackApostleVilhelm's Flag is: USA

to touch on the eldrad subject isnt he dead? and aren't ahriman and magnus still alive? i must say that eldrad was most likely the eldar's best farseer ever in my opinion, i dont know much about eldar history or the like so my bets in with him, but he's dead now. now for the order the emp is obviously at the top with Magnus not far behind him, magnus was already powerful but then his powers were boosted once he turned to tzeentch. next i think is a tie between eldrad and ahriman, eldrad like i said before is powerful but so is ahriman, to be able to do what he did to a whole legion and have the brass balls to hunt down as much knowledge as possible and even start hunting for the black library means he must be truly powerful, plus he's a chaos marine other then that malcador would be in there somewhere, most likely above eldrad and ahriman.

Here is the beginning of my fluff for my Iron Warriors Eighth Grand Company https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=51842

"A fortress is a living thing: the commander its brain, the walls its bones, the sensors its eyes and ears, the troops its blood, their weapons its fists. This tells us two things: If one organ fails, the whole dies. And if the whole dies, no single organ can survive alone."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode