psyker Gue'vasa - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-09, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
GabrialSagan's Flag is: USA

Icon psyker Gue'vasa

So the Tau have a significant human population living inside their empire as citizens. Some of them even serving in the Tau military. Now unless the presence of the Tau stops psykers from being born their are bound to be a handful among the millions, if not billions, of humans in the empire.

How do Tau deal with these potential gateways of chaos? These aliens who can alter reality with their very thoughts?

Is their any canon on this or do people just guess?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-09, 06:46 PM
Sytus's Flag is: Ireland

To my knowledge there is no official fluff on this, and very little on Gue'vasa in general.
I would believe there would be very little who actually realise their powers,and the tau may teke extreme measures to get rid of any rogues.

Dub-Hammer,Wargaming For The Emerald Isle![/B]

Clicky-click!...please.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-09, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

The thing is that its a double edges sword. The Imperium has 10000 years of practice using it. The Tau can clearly see the advantage of having psykers in their ranks, but can they learn to control them?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-09, 12:26 PM

Coder59's Flag is: England

Last I heard the Tau didn't believe in the warp. I thought they had the weird idea that psykers and warp powers in general are the result of tech that the Imperium and Eldar wont share because they won't buy into the greater good.....and I still can't say that with a straight face.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-09, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

How can they not believe in the warp? they have FTL, how do they think they get across light years in a relative short time?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-09, 03:24 PM
Sytus's Flag is: Ireland

They sort of skim the surface of the warp.

They believe it has no place in the greater good.

Dub-Hammer,Wargaming For The Emerald Isle![/B]

Clicky-click!...please.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-09, 08:28 PM

thomas2's Flag is: Great Britain

I believe the Tau would probably commit experiments on the psykers, to help them better understand the mysteries of the warp.

Sytus- they skim the edge only because they have no Navigators so they would just get get lost if they went on proper warp jumps.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-09, 01:41 AM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

Tau travel is not warp related. Hence the slower expansion of their empire.
The OP's original question is a damn good one, and as Sytus stated i don't think there is any fluff on this either way. Could be worth exploring for those times when an alliance between the tau and one of their less likley allies needs to be explained.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-09, 06:29 AM

Samir_Duran's Flag is: Poland

I've seen fighting gue'vesa figures with the fire caste symbol, i think it was in one of the white dwarfs, but can't bet my head on it... so if this means, that the warrior gue'vesa is inducted into the fire caste, so the workers go to the earth caste, pilots to the air caste and such... I bet, that the ethereals wouldn't let any gue'vesa to be in the Aun caste, but the psyker's could fill in the role of their assistants or, rather strangely, they could be the Commander's advisors or they could go into the water caste and try influencing other species.

I think, that Tau would realise the potential in the psykers and would try to devise tech's or bionic's that surpass the imperial psyker conditioners ( eg. have the same effect, but do not couse harm or debilitation in mind for the users, like in the case of sanctioned psykers in the IG)

I was always a supporter of the imperium rule, but yet, I really love the idea of the Tau-Imperial cooperation, no matter if by being a gue'vesa or by just sharing a common enemy on the battlescene

"Incompetence breeds even more incompetence..."
- Megatron

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode