Best fighter amongst the Primarchs. - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-16-09, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Coder59's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
I Believe it was in one of the Space Wolves novels. Ive got a feeling Its either 'Grey Hunter' or 'Wolf's Honour', cant remember for sure though. Anyways I do think that Magnus could beat Russ in a punch-up - Magnus was the largest Primarch and was literally a giant, he had the power behind him at least
The bigger they are the harder they fall. From what I remember Magnus and Russ fought each other to a standstill then Russ let himself get stabbed or something then broke his back over his knee.

Quote:
Ka'Bandha Raped him the first time! Broke his legs, and made him watch his Astartes get slaughtered. But showed him a twisted kind of mercy and let him live, but only to watch his Legion get mauled.
Ka'Bandha got one of his eyes ripped out the first time he fought the birdy so while it wasn't the complete stuff beating he did beat Sanguinius, mind you what Sanguinius did to Ka'Bandha at the ultimate gate more than made up for it.

Quote:
Indeed - But thats a Blood Angels novel... Biased?!
Actually if you take that statement along with hrous oppinion that Sangruinius was basically Big E MkII it sort of makes sense, since we know Big E could pulversie all the Primarchs.

Quote:
I dunno, pure skill and perfection(!) can often best brute strength.
Eh i dunno Fulgrims training seems to have been all based on form and swordsmanship. Remember Fulgrim wasn't literally perfect he was aspiring to what he thought of as Perfection. And we all know how right he was about that don't we. It allways seemed to me that Fulgrim might have had the Skill but not the will and instinct that Angron, Leman, Sanguinius or Jaghatai had.

I forgot something about birdy boy he can do something no other Primarch could do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-16-09, 07:43 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

Well this is my thoughts-

My top three Primarch fighters would have to be-

Angron (Is a freaking monster! Carries twin Chainaxes and had a entire mountain fall on him (Badass)

LEJ (Beat Russ in a duel though only due to his speed, a brilliant Tactician Horus mentions in one of the HH Novels that LEJ has the second highest ammount of victories bar the Warmaster himself)

Russ (Again Russ is a monster in battle, getting in the thick of it he is amongst the stronger of the Primarchs)

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #13 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-16-09, 07:55 PM

Revelations's Flag is: USA

In most accounts of the final battle in the Heresy, it's been stated that even with no Daemonic Power that Sang still wasn't a match for Horus. Plus hoped up on his juice he went toe to toe with the Emp. Granted that's more in line with Raw-Cosmic power but that's like asking Superman not to use his Laser Beam eyes in a fight to the death with Doomsday.

And then of course we have an Ork that almost crushed the Emp throat in. So... there are things out there worse than a Primarch.

Pondering...

post #14 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-16-09, 09:23 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark angel View Post

LEJ (Beat Russ in a duel though only due to his speed, a brilliant Tactician Horus mentions in one of the HH Novels that LEJ has the second highest ammount of victories bar the Warmaster himself)
Sorry, but that's wrong. They fought until Russ stopped and started laughing at the absurdity of two primarchs fighting, at which point Jonson sucker punched him. That's long been established in the fluff. Also, being a tactical and strategic genius means little in a one on one duel.
post #15 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-16-09, 10:15 PM

Dames's Flag is: Scotland

im not sure on the best fighter, as most of the primarchs are equally matched and it would all be determined by the circumstances (and cheats, yes looking at you Lion, Russ had stopped when you hit him)
but i think the best fight would be between Angron and Leman Russ as it would be the most brutal
post #16 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-16-09, 10:21 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark angel View Post

Firstly no where does Horus mention in the Heresy novels that the Lion had the second Highest Number of Victories. (Im pretty sure about this because i've just finished re-reading the first 3 books!) Infact I believe that the only times that the Lion was mentioned was about Rogal Dorn being as Courageous as the Lion, and about the Lion being very jealous of Horus being made Warmaster. Oh and that the Lion would laugh at Horus about Horus not judging Temba correctly.

He actually states that Rogal Dorn has the second highest number of victories. (i'll get a quote for you if you like.. I believe its from Horus Rising when Dorn was with Horus for a while.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

Last edited by Child-of-the-Emperor; 09-16-09 at 10:25 PM.
post #17 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-16-09, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Firstly no where does Horus mention in the Heresy novels that the Lion had the second Highest Number of Victories. (Im pretty sure about this because i've just finished re-reading the first 3 books!) Infact I believe that the only times that the Lion was mentioned was about Rogal Dorn being as Courageous as the Lion, and about the Lion being very jealous of Horus being made Warmaster. Oh and that the Lion would laugh at Horus about Horus not judging Temba correctly.

He actually states that Rogal Dorn has the second highest number of victories. (i'll get a quote for you if you like.. I believe its from Horus Rising when Dorn was with Horus for a while.)

See I'm confused. The status of second highest victory count seems to be constantly shifting between Guilliman, Lion and now Dorn. Can't GW make up their minds!
post #18 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-17-09, 12:17 AM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder59 View Post
See I'm confused. The status of second highest victory count seems to be constantly shifting between Guilliman, Lion and now Dorn. Can't GW make up their minds!
Well the only solid information I believe there is, is Horus Rising - Which states that Dorn has the second best record in the Crusade. So im going with Dorn!

or at least thats the most up-to-date source.. im not aware of any other sources anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
post #19 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-17-09, 12:31 AM

ChapterMaster22's Flag is: USA

Well on a one on one with only close combat weopens no pyshic powers, guns and its pre heresy the winner of the brawl in my opinion would be.......... maybe.... Sanguines heres why though Angron, and Russ are monters they are eventually going to beaten Brute force can only go so far Fulgrims quest for perfection led him to Damnation and to be possed by a Deamon so his will would push him only so far and he would lose making lion, Horus and Sanguines but horus is the best Gen. but not the best close combat so... even though he fought the Emp. that was becuase of being of chaos i mean luther could have killed lion but he stoped himshelf so !!!SANGUINES!!!! would be the winner if there was no special weopns or armor JUST Chainswords OR Swords no special swords like fireblade NOTE: russ first attacked lion for killing the traitor governor that insulterd him then they fought for Hours.. Russ got thrown through a table then he laughed at the stupidness (lack of better word) lion thinking it was a insult then punched him in the jaw knocking him out

Perfection is Not Acheived When There is Nothing Left to Add But Nothing Left To Take Away.
post #20 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-17-09, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Well the only solid information I believe there is, is Horus Rising - Which states that Dorn has the second best record in the Crusade. So im going with Dorn!

or at least thats the most up-to-date source.. im not aware of any other sources anyway.
5th Ed Space Marine codex states it was Guilliman due to his tactical genius and diplomatic skills.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode