Loyalist Marine- Traitor Geneseed. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-09, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

Coder59's Flag is: England

Default Loyalist Marine- Traitor Geneseed.

Ok so I am reading the new Salamanders book and the Marines Malevolant have made an appearance and reading them I keep thinking of the pre-heresy World Eater Captain (Badass) Skraal from the Horus Heresy Battle of the Abyss novel.

So I'm wondering could the Marines Malevolant be a second founding chapter that used World Eaters Gene Seed that the Imperium had stockpiled somewhere? I know this was hinted at with the Blood Ravens, but how likely is it do we think?

I have to admit I would love it if the MM and other chapters were based on World Eaters gene seed since that was the Legion I really wish hadn't turned traitor, since they turned to chaos they've become a little bit... sissy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-09, 02:24 AM

Warlock in Training's Flag is: USA

Im sorry did you say that the World Eaters turned sissy as traitors? Or did you mean the Marines Mavolent? Are you high? Kharn is such a badass.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-09, 09:31 AM

Carnivore's Flag is: France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder59 View Post
Ok so I am reading the new Salamanders book and the Marines Malevolant have made an appearance and reading them I keep thinking of the pre-heresy World Eater Captain (Badass) Skraal from the Horus Heresy Battle of the Abyss novel.

So I'm wondering could the Marines Malevolant be a second founding chapter that used World Eaters Gene Seed that the Imperium had stockpiled somewhere? I know this was hinted at with the Blood Ravens, but how likely is it do we think?

I have to admit I would love it if the MM and other chapters were based on World Eaters gene seed since that was the Legion I really wish hadn't turned traitor, since they turned to chaos they've become a little bit... sissy.
Hell, pal, the Second Founding formed Space Marine Chapters broken from the First Founding Legions with a ratio of 1000 marines per new chapters more or less and 10 new chapters from one "old" Legion.
The traitor Legions were excommunicated before even considering the Second Founding... You can't have Second Founding chapters from traitoris Legions.

Which doesn't kill me ought to run... Now...

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-09, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Coder59's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock in Training View Post
Im sorry did you say that the World Eaters turned sissy as traitors? Or did you mean the Marines Mavolent? Are you high? Kharn is such a badass.
Yeh the World Eaters turned into total pansy's when they turned traitor in my eyes. Yeh Kharns an unholy ass kicker but he's in no way as badass as Skraal or that WE captain on Istvaan III (I forget his name) who turned around and tried to take on his own legion when they turned on the loyalists. Kharns just mindless thumpyness now no menace at all for me. I mean every time I've fought somebody who uses Kharn he's done more damage to my opponent than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore View Post
Hell, pal, the Second Founding formed Space Marine Chapters broken from the First Founding Legions with a ratio of 1000 marines per new chapters more or less and 10 new chapters from one "old" Legion.
The traitor Legions were excommunicated before even considering the Second Founding... You can't have Second Founding chapters from traitoris Legions.
So all the stockpiled Gene-Seed from those traitor Legions was destroyed? I was thinking maybe the High Lords, the Inquisition or the Admech who have a history of dirty deals may have been thinking "Hey why waste it" and used it to create a few chapters. It was hinted at in Dawn of War: Dark Crusade when there was supposedly a connection between the Blood Ravens and the Word Bearers.

And the more I read Salamander the more I'm becoming very suspicious coz honest to god the Marines Malevolant act exactly like the World Eaters used too when they kicked ass and took names, as opposed to now when they just run away from Kharn.

Last edited by Coder59; 09-05-09 at 03:33 PM.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-09, 02:19 PM

primeministersinsiter's Flag is: Canada

The geneseeds are locked in a timed vault on Terra. They didn't destroy them, that would have been foolish.

"You left the objective? I see you have the tactical genuis of a soap dish."
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-09, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primeministersinsiter View Post
The geneseeds are locked in a timed vault on Terra. They didn't destroy them, that would have been foolish.
Where do you read that?

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-09, 04:49 PM

SM codex, Pg 8

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-09, 05:23 PM

Quote:
SM codex, Pg 8
Which one?

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-09, 05:30 PM

5th ed. Under the list of the first founding chapters.

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-09, 05:34 PM

Quote:
5th ed. Under the list of the first founding chapters.
Hell! I stoped on the 4th Ed;! The rat bastards, they chose the 5th Ed. to add that master-fluff data!
Thanks a lot, though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode