What the hell is up with blood angels??? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Bolshavic's Flag is: Australia

What the hell is up with blood angels???

Ok just a quick question to all you lovers of the red armour wearing Blood angels and thier successor chapters

When did the blood angels start screaming blood for the blood god and become a mindless bunch of assault driven marines?
Now Yes the colour of armour is red like Berzerkers but are they not a loyalist chapter?

I ask because more than once I have seen/played against BA armies without 1 single tactical marine. To my knowledge Blood Angels are a codex chapter being broken down to 10x companies with the battle companies being of 6x tac squads 2 x assault and 2 x devastators, with the only divergence of their organization being that of the death company, members whom have been overcome by the black rage ( apparently caused by the memories of the death of their primarch, But as any true loyalist knows you can only live a lie so long and their primarch was a mutant, and we know Suffer not the mutant, and therefore they are mutants by proxy ).
If I can remember correctly the chapter was not even one of the rebel chapters whom resisted the changes introduced By Pupa smurf.

So to all BA players Im calling you heretics and calling opon you to answer the charges or to take your rightful title traitor extremist. To all loyalist chapters and members of the Inquisition ready your bolters and say your prays, ready your selves and prepare your soles for the emperor for we have agents of the blood god at our doors

If I agreed with u we would both be wrong !!!

http://bolshavic.mybrute.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 05:17 PM

*NO he knows too much*
Ahem I mean, there is nothing wrong with us, all we want to do is kill for the Emporer. Sanginius may have had wings but I'll be damned if they didn't look kick ass! The BA started screamin for blood uhh idk exactly how long after Sang died. But the reason being that his death was so horrible its imprint got seared in their geneseed.
As for resisting Big papa Smurf, the Blood Angels were too distraught over the loss of their primarch to really care much about how they will split the legions.
We are NOT traitors, but if want to go, bring it!

"Gloriam Imperator! The Firstborn Stand!"
Click for Vostroya and the Emperor!

Into the Fires of Battle, Unto the Anvils of War!
Click Me!
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 05:54 PM

CallumM27's Flag is: England

Blood angels are probably one of the most loyal chapters out there, the reason they can take just assault squads is because they count as troops in our codex and because the chapter has always been known as one of the best assault chapters, even pre-heresy they were the best choice for a sergical strike.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 06:20 PM

Wraithian's Flag is: USA

Ah yes, Blood Angels. The, "one more bad attitude away from heresy," chapter.

Well, atleast this thread hasn't devolved into the, "Oh yeah! Well, well, um, my primarch was 90 feet tall and had nipples made of gold!" yet.

Level me up! I, too, wish to storm the lands of mortals reaping what is truly mine...but for now, I am but a wee spot of energy...

Clicky!

"I embrace death without fear as I embrace life without regret."
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 09:17 PM

SensaiSwindler's Flag is: USA

HERETIC!!! I will drink your blood for such slander!!....er...uhm, I mean we are ever the Emperor's servants! All kidding aside this link should help illuminate you to the glorious truth of the Sons of Sanguinus: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Angels

To answer your specific question the blood angels first "screamed for blood" on sigmus prime during the heresy. Horus (his perfidy still unknown to Sanguinus) sent the Blood Angels there to "deal with a rebellion". By the time they arrived in system the world was a daemon infested charnel house. Sanguinus got messed up something fierce by a bloodthirster. Instead of finishing off the angel he instead killed hundreds of his marines right in front of him. The psychic backlash made sanguinus black out. With that many battle brothers slain in front of them and their primarch laid low the rest of the BA...Freaked the F**k out! When sanguinus came to all the demons were dead the Bloodthirster driven away and the chapter shaken by what they had done.

The issue was compounded by the loss of Blood Angel geneseed imprint during the Mars/Terra campaign of the Heresy, forcing them to recoup it from their, now dead, primarch. Either his death (the more accepted scenario), or the events on Sigmus, possible both imprinted the genetic memory of those events into Sanguinus' DNA, cursing all future generation Blood Angels.

They have always been an assault oriented army, before the heresy, rivalry between the Blood Angels and the World Eaters was fierce in this regard. They deviate slightly from the codex company scheme in a couple ways. The 1st company (veterans) are always deployed as assault when not in terminator armor. The 8th company is a reserve assault force. When not deployed as assault squads they are normally the pilots of the fast moving vehicles of the BA (Baal preds, assault bikes, landspeeders, and rhino crews).

Now then, on to your warp ridden lies and slander! The Blood Angels, White Scars, and Imperial Fists were the only chapters to stand with the Custodes and IG throughout the entire siege of Terra. Sanguinus himself held the Ultimate Gate alone, striking down the Bloodthirster who smacked him around on sigmus in the process, while the rest of the imperial forces moved the wounded into the palace. He then, knowing it would cost him his life(fortelling is a bitch in that way), teleported to face horus at the Emperor's side. That, my misguided friend, is loyalty.

"The more things change, the more they stay the same." - Snake Pliskin

"Oi Oi, you lucky people" -Tires
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 10:37 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

The chapter may be loyal, but if Fabius Bile has his way there will soon be sons of Sanguinius fighting on the side of Chaos.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 11:53 PM

SensaiSwindler's Flag is: USA

Khorne, too true. I don't know how I feel about the direction the Omnibus books and Fury have taken yet. There have been some great moments (the insight into the Death CO. workings), but overall the series has been a disappointment so far. Hopefully with the chapter crisis averted we will see some actual outward movement to the story

Oh, btw, I had to link this in a BA thread. Saw it over at B&C forums, hope this isn't stepping on toes here by linking to there, but this re-imagining of Sanguinus holding the Ultimate Gate is fantastic. I like his version more than the GW ones from the HH:artbook.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/i...owtopic=166173

"The more things change, the more they stay the same." - Snake Pliskin

"Oi Oi, you lucky people" -Tires
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-09, 12:00 AM
Craw-Daddy

well, the Blood Angels do suffer from the curse of that daemon. Black Rage and the other thing.
however, what pisses me off the most about the blood angels codex is the fact that the basic marine is not equiped for close combat and does not use extensive use to their trait. It could be that they are given bolters and long ranged weapons to discourage them to go into bloodlust and perhaps basically go khorne.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-09, 12:04 AM

He knows too much... and yet, not enough...

Who killed Sanguinius... and why? It is obvious Sanguinius was killed by a sword, from behind. Only the Emperor could have done this. But why would the Emperor kill Sanguinius? Could it be that, at that last moment, in the Warmaster's Battle Barge, Horus opened the Golden One's eyes to the truth of the vile Imperium? That Sanguinius himself was about to turn against the Emperor?

This is why the Death Company have lost their reason, and seek only death, for in recognising the truth of Sanguinius's last moments, they realise their lives have been a lie; and is this great transformation, the Black Rage, not presided over by Mephiston, which of old was the name of the Prince of Lies? And are not these Companions of Death not also called "The Lost"?

I mean, no, what, nothing to see here, totally loyal, honest. Not having tac squads isn't a crime you know!

And, I have tac squads anyway!

:not at all suspectly sanguine cyclops:

EDIT: ohh, I like the justification for keeping them out of combat ck... nice!

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-09, 12:21 AM

Red Orc how dare you divulge our secrets to one who blasphemes the holy name of sanginius! I mean what secrets...
I too believe the Emperor killed Sang but not because Sang was traitor. Horus was right. The emp was just using the primarchs to spread his "crusade" to get God status. Horus saw the truth and open sang eyes. Sang confronted the emp to see if it was true, the confessed killed Sang and then Horus. That's why the Death Company go insane. They know that all those years have been lies and the Emperor is a fake. Infortunatly you all know now, and must be terminated.
Or you can just "believe" the lies gw puts out about the big E being SO great. You'll never fool this Blood Angel!
Nooo the inquisition is coming, save yourseeeelllfff!!

:damn I'm a nerd cyclops:

Edit:hope you don't mind me using your cyclops red.

"Gloriam Imperator! The Firstborn Stand!"
Click for Vostroya and the Emperor!

Into the Fires of Battle, Unto the Anvils of War!
Click Me!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode