A search for a Forge World - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

lostprophet's Flag is: USA

A search for a Forge World

Hi, I am trying to write a background story for my chapter, The Crimson Templars, and I need to find a forge world that is known for their plasma weapon production. If you have any ideas could you please post them. Thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 12:13 PM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

Rather than finding an existing forge world why not create your own?
It could be your Chapter's base of operations or the sight of a previous battle where they earned the respect of the Mechanicum.
Maybe find an area where the Adeptus Mechanicus already have a large presence and place the forge world there, on the outskirts. They were attacked by Orks, Tau, Eldar whoever and the Crimson Templars came to the rescue. By way of thanks for their intervention the forge world declared that they would provide weapons to the chapter and they happen to be good at plasma weapons.

Just a few ideas, hope they are usefull.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I was thinking of doing that but I was thinking I could tie in tighter and get more validity if I used an existing world. Not to metion that I don't have the books with me and am trying to do this while still deployed.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 05:03 PM

Even better reason for just making one up I'd say.

Really we (Norm & me, at least!) don't know the answer you're looking for.

Have you got more info on your Chapter? It might help narrow the search to some likely candidates... or at least sectors (no point suggesting somewhere in the Eastern Fringe if your Chapter guards the Eye of Terror!)

:fluffy cyclops:

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 05:57 PM
dtq

not much help but Im sure somewhere in the back of my memory is a tank or vehicle variant that unusually came equipped with large plasma weapons because it came from a forge world which was one of the few still making plasma weapons, apparantly the knowledge is lost on many forge worlds or something...

edit Yay found it for you Ryza is the world :D the tank is the STORMBLADE ARKURION PATTERN.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog...AVY_TANKS.html

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Ryza

Last edited by dtq; 04-22-09 at 06:07 PM. Reason: managed to google the world name
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

cool, thanks. I was thinking somewhere in the centarus are of the north-eastern area

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 09:50 PM
dtq

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostprophet View Post
cool, thanks. I was thinking somewhere in the centarus are of the north-eastern area
Hmm dont know of any worlds out that way , Ryza in in the North East of Segmentum Solar, but you have to remember that a worlds location in the physical world bears no relationship to its location within the warp I believe its very possible if you have planets a b and c for a to b being further apart than a to c in the real world but a to c being closer within the warp. So you perhaps dont need to be too fussy on the galactic map as physical layout doesnt affect the logistics of warp travel directly.

http://www.joachim-adomeit.de/wh40k/spacemap/map.html

Ive looked up 6 different maps of the 40k galaxy and the only reference to anything in the area you are talking about is the 3rd edition rule book which has an antry in what apears to be the centaurs arm area saying 5-19 days route projection which seems remarkable short considering its distance from terra - even given the vagaries of the warp. no exact explanation of what thats about... I couldnt even find the galactic maps in 1st or 2nd edition rule books, although it was just a flick through 4th edition the area is covered with text 5th edition has the best details for the areas around the ghoul starts but still nothing out as far to the north east as that. I also looked up the marine codex galactic map (4th edition) and the galactic map in the 2nd edition sisters codex which has an even narrower range...

I can find no signs so far of imperial habitation out that far, but it has to be said the maps arent very definitive... absence of evidence is not evidence of absence as the saying goes.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 10:46 PM

Even if Ryza is no-where near the home-base, it's plausible enough that for some (possibly long-forgotten) reason, there is a link between Ryza and the Chapter in question.

Perhaps they did not originally come from the area that they now control, hailing from near Ryza originally, and they were originally supplied by the Ryzan forges; and that connection has never been lost. They are Templars... perhaps they went on the "Centaurus Crusade" or something?

Alternatively, perhaps they acquired their connection to Ryza after the Chapter was established. Maybe they sent a company or two to the defence of Cadia that were then diverted to an emergency threatening Ryza instead, and in gratitude the Mechanicum tithe the chapter part of Ryza's production...

Or, as dbt very cunningly suggests, perhaps there is some stable warp-transit between the vicinity of Ryza and the area you want, making travel there relatively easy.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence indeed.

:looking for the missing piece cyclops:

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

thanks all

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode