What's their excuse? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-06-09, 07:37 AM

But, let's face it, do Space Marines need to have war games? Seriously? I mean, I'm not trying to say it's unfeasible, but what Chapter has the time and resources to combat another chapter just for practice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-06-09, 08:31 AM

I've used the 'wargames' excuse a few times myself. When my sisters were fighting other sisters or daemonhunters. Another good excuse could be 'An Inquisitor made us do it'. Since we all know that various inquisitors have many nefarious motives and ends.
Especially them radicals.

TKE's NTGU Brigade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterous View Post
Einar is right.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-09, 09:34 AM

Samir_Duran's Flag is: Poland

So what reason could IG have to FIght a NOT-renegade chapter of SM?

THe explanation like in Dark Crusade is lame, I think... ^^'

"Incompetence breeds even more incompetence..."
- Megatron

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-09, 10:24 AM

Just declare them heretics and you're done with.
Heresy is such a great excuse to do battle with just about anyone.

TKE's NTGU Brigade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterous View Post
Einar is right.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-09, 10:33 AM

[QUOTE=Samir_Duran;353303]So what reason could IG have to FIght a NOT-renegade chapter of SM?

Both sides think the other to be heritic.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-09, 11:00 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

The colonel's whippet was squashed by the space marine captain when he stepped off his thunderhawk, and he got so darn mad he just ordered everyone to open fire.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-09, 11:31 AM

admiraldick's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessWithin View Post
but what about Space Marines?
before the HH there was discord between the SM but never war. but since then the petulant brothers are prone to falling out and coming to blows (even though they might still regard each other as brothers and allies).

and lets not forget that space is vast. and i do mean unimaginably vast. it would seem unlikely that a space marine chapter would know all other chapters, so the bonds of kinship from one side of the galaxy to the other would be weaker. if the imperium called for help and asked a chapter to take on another, they might feel a pang of guilt about it, but their true loyalty is to humanity and not to each other. they might need greater justification to go to war than normal, but i suspect that SM don't normally need much cause to make them take to arms.

Quote:
Eldar?
the farseers of the Eldar have visions of plans and choices unimaginably complex to us. they won't pick sides in a fight based on who is there, but based on the future impact or a victory for one side or the other. and not all Eldar share goals, some want to maintain the status quo, where others want to expand, and just others simply want to burn out in the glory of war.

although the Eldar seem like they share a strong familial bond, its likely that they are as aloof with one another as they are with 'lesser races'. the craftworlds don't like to mix with the outcastes, or the Dark Kin, or the self-righteous exodites, so it seems quite probable that they don't like mixing with each other. particulalry when they risk contamination from Chaos, as Ulthwe and Altansar have. fear that if one Craftworld is caught they may give away all the others, may also prevent them from communitating regularly. and lack of communication is the number one reason for conflict.

in fact, its possible that the Harlequins act as 'postmen' as well as their other functions, bringing news from the other Craftworlds and more distant kin in other parts of the galaxy as the arrive.

Quote:
Tau?
these guys have significantly less reason for infighting. they all live within a very small region of space, so know each other very well, joined under the same govenment, and are not naturally predisposed to violence (with the presence of Etherals). there are still reasons (like diverging world views, and their hot temper) but they aren't as significant as with other races, i will agree.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-09, 01:15 PM

Lord Lucius's Flag is: Wales

why do we humans fight? greed ,honor ,ignorance, aragance etc .im shure those still aply in 40k ,even if your not human

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
history distorts everything...
wise words...
history abhores a paradox
join chaos...we have cookies
come to RPG Resources we have morenow with link!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode