Is there any hard evidence that 40k and WHFB exist in the same universe? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-09-08, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Steel Nathan's Flag is: Canada

Default Is there any hard evidence that 40k and WHFB exist in the same universe?

Ok, so this came up on a chat site, and a big argument has happened. No one can find any evidence(sadly) and now a big arguement with no evidence has developed. Does anybody have any evidence that 40k and WHFB exist in the same universe? I don't want any "using logic....", I need an actual reference.

Thanks in advance .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-09-08, 12:42 AM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

In the old school fluff the WHFB world was a planet in the Imperium that was surrounded by Warp Storms. That's why you don't see Pistoleers carting Bolt Pistols. That was dropped after a while, and the WHFB world just became another universe, totally seperate from the Imperium's universe.

-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-09-08, 12:39 PM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

The second Realms of Chaos book, The Lost And The Damned, had a section towards the back about mixing 40k and WHFB armies as they could be united within the realms of chaos. It also quite often reffered to the two systems as being linked through the Chaos Wastes and the Eye of Terror.
Red Orc also mentioned something a while back about the Elves owning either a chainsword or a suit of power armour, something like that anyway.
I spent a long time away from the hobby and it seems that in that time GW have killed off the idea, which is a shame.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-09-08, 01:12 PM

Sorry Norm, I don't remember referring to an Elven suit of power armour or chainsword. Amazons had bolt pistols and needle-guns in 2nd Ed, I remember, and chaos champions could have plasma guns in 3rd Ed IIRC, but they're the only 40k weapons I know of in Fantasy.

I do get involved in this argument a lot though, because like you, I played many years ago when they were 'the same' and came back to find that they weren't and some people were very sarcastic about the idea that they were.

But in short Nathan, as Dirge and Norm have outlined, they used to be, then they weren't. The latest round of this argument, containing a pretty basic list of why they were the same from the early days of 40k, is to be found here. But, of course, they are not currently considered to be the same game.

:cyclops of ancient knowlege:

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-09-08, 02:56 PM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

Sorry Orc, my mistake. I'm sure someone said it though.
Damn my lack of short term memory, I thought it was such an insignificant thing to sacrifice, oh well we live and learn.

And then forget.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-09-08, 04:10 PM

I too have a hazy recollection that someone claimed *something like* ... in Ulthuan, the Elves have a suit of power armour. And I think they claimed it in a thread where I was mentioning Amazons and bolt pistols. But I can't find any references to it.

:not such a good detective cyclops:

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-09-08, 04:35 PM

Ferrus Manus's Flag is: Ukraine

of course theres a big arguement about the two games, there is evidence.

Slaanesh was created by Eldar and the god is in both games.

Sigmar is believed to be one of the missing primarchs.

The races are the same, dark elves=dark eldar, high elves=eldar, orks= orcs etc.

People say that 40k evolved from warhammer, but i believe warhammer was made after 40k? If not then still got the idea that necrons existed before humans could walk.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-09-08, 04:41 PM
Must keep painting....

squeek's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrus Manus View Post
People say that 40k evolved from warhammer, but i believe warhammer was made after 40k? If not then still got the idea that necrons existed before humans could walk.
People say that because it is true. Fantasy came first then 40k evolved from it.

The main reason the gods and the races are similar is because it is far easier to think of two slightly different sets of races and fluff than it is to think of two completely different ones. Also why would you bother to make them completely separate? I like the fact I can switch between the two systems without having to remember lots of extra jazz, elves and eldar are powerful but fragile, bonus, no need to remember that that they are different in the two systems.

The whole sigmar is a primarch thing is just wishful thinking, GW have never hinted even slightly that that is the case that I know of, if they had it would be all over these topics like a rash.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-09-08, 04:56 PM

solitaire's Flag is: England

I'm not really sure but didn't the Lizardmen get created by the Old Ones who "came from the stars." No idea really just thought I'd mention it. . .

"Playing Warhammer is just like making love. It's usually done on a table and afterwards you always feel great shame. Plus like most fun things the older you get the less fun it becomes. So remember, always wear a condom while playing Warhammer - I've got mine on now."
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-09-08, 05:09 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

In Liber Chaotica (Khorne), there is a daemon weapon, known simply as a Chainsword, is all respects identical in appearance to the Chainsword of 40K, apart from it having a basket hilt.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode