The Fate of Baal fluff - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-27-17, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Default The Fate of Baal fluff

Caught these bits over on B&C
So the Blood Angels have escaped their imminent doom. And Guiliman have come to save the day with the Indomitus Crusade. But more ominous, the presence of Ka'Bandha. It is strongly speculated in B&C discussion that Ka'Bandha went into the fray to 'save' the Blood Angels, because he did not want Khorne's Prize to be gobbled up by the 'nids, and gave them a stay of execution so they could properly fall to the madness in their blood in the future.

So it looks like the Blood Angels have won a reprieve for now, and will be staying on Baal after all. But a question lingers. Has Baal been moved to another place in the galaxy, or did the Indomitus Crusade get warped into the Dark Imperium because of the Great Rift appearing?

Also, -FIVE- chapter masters dead? Im pretty sure Gabriel Seth is not one of them, too ornery and mean to let mere tyranids do him in.

Last edited by Brother Lucian; 05-27-17 at 12:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-27-17, 07:34 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

ah, so we know which is the first chapter to be totally replaced by the numarines!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-27-17, 07:47 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I think we can assume there's barely a single chapter left between all the survivors on Baal. Reconstituting an entire blood line with Primaris would mean big changes in the nature of the BA and successors.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-27-17, 08:58 AM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

I already want more details. It sounds like they took it on the chin, which was to be expected given the situation, but... yeah. That's it for the Blood Angels and their successors as we knew them. I doubt they number more than a single full chapter between them, and some of those are going to be from the Chapters that were more/too influenced by the Flaw.

I think it's going to be similar for the Space Wolves. Having to dilute their geneseed and accept the Primaris because there is just no other damn choice other than to die out completely.
neferhet likes this.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-27-17, 09:06 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

basically two of the chapters that would have opposed the primaris more strongly have gone almost-dodo. expect dark angels to be crippled too.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-27-17, 10:50 AM
Feed

This is also a pretty huge blow to the tyranids. Leviathan was the largest Hive Fleet to date and to lose a whole tendril of it is no small loss.

Seems the new edition is really bringing the heavy changes.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-27-17, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Important Update to the OP. I discovered that the previous place I yoinked the blurbs from was missing the last and most crucial blurb. It has now been inserted.

Edit: Deleted a few posts of mine that was made irrelevant with the last blurb getting added.

Last edited by Brother Lucian; 05-27-17 at 12:47 PM.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-27-17, 02:59 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

First off, there's still Blood Angels in the 8th edition story line. Second off, GW have stated via their community involvement that geneseed flaws still effect Primaris marines. Third, and most importantly...

What the actual fuck is going on with the timeline of these events? Baal was almost lost when the Rift blew the galaxy open and Guilliman showed up soon enough to save the day. GW mentioned that time was passing strangely around the Rift, the only way it currently makes sense to me is if weeks passed for Baal where years passed for the Crusade.

More questions than answers, considering anyone who read (even a synopsis of) Dante and knows of Guy Haley's follow up knew Baal was about to get nommed on by the Nids.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-27-17, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
First off, there's still Blood Angels in the 8th edition story line. Second off, GW have stated via their community involvement that geneseed flaws still effect Primaris marines. Third, and most importantly...

What the actual fuck is going on with the timeline of these events? Baal was almost lost when the Rift blew the galaxy open and Guilliman showed up soon enough to save the day. GW mentioned that time was passing strangely around the Rift, the only way it currently makes sense to me is if weeks passed for Baal where years passed for the Crusade.

More questions than answers, considering anyone who read (even a synopsis of) Dante and knows of Guy Haley's follow up knew Baal was about to get nommed on by the Nids.
Yeah, timebending is the only explanation to how Baal could have survived long enough for the Indomitus Crusade to actually reach them. Guiliman must have been crusading for quite a while to reach the Baal area. But I suspect its in part because of the daemonic ritual enacted by Ka'bandha to truly PUSH Baal ahead in time while they gobbled up the tyranid reinforcements. Ka'bandha must be -desperate- to claim the Blood Angels, or at least ensuring they can be claimed to resort to such unkhornate like schemes of warp sorcery. But I guess they can justify it to themselves by fueling it with the death and skulls of the tyranids to prepare new up and comming servants of the blood god.

Hrm.....I wonder now. Could the Blood Angels actually be set to truly fall? There was after all the rumor of a loyalist primarch going renegade, and a renegade getting redeemed.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-27-17, 11:16 PM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
But I guess they can justify it to themselves by fueling it with the death and skulls of the tyranids to prepare new up and comming servants of the blood god.
The Fall of Shadowbrink shows us that the daemons cannot draw any kind of sustenance from the tyranids. Bugs simply don't have any kind of emotion or soul, at least not in any measure the daemons are able to draw power from.

If Ka'bandha really was behind this, it was an act of desperation and nothing more.

I know there's nothing mentioned about them here, but I also wouldn't rule out some necron involvement. The Silent King admitted to a healthy respect and even admiration for Sanguinius, so it isn't entirely impossible that the necrons are still pulling strings where they can.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode