Regarding Sororitas and Marines - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Khorne's Fist
  • 1 Post By Loran

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-29-17, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Default Regarding Sororitas and Marines

Can an order of Sisters be the mothers of Marines? Now, I am not asking if sisters and be romantically entangled with marines, or even if marines can impregnate sisters. What I am asking is this: can order can be a part of breeding program aimed at producing more reliable recruits and ensuring a chapter sticks to Imperial doctrine? Would such an arrangement violate any Imperial decrees? Would doctrine even allow for such an arrangement?

To be more specific regarding the arrangement, prior to gene augmentation, gamete samples would be taken from recruits, and the samples of those recruits who became full marines would be used to inseminate select sisters from a given order. The children born from said sisters would be trained by those sisters and the order from the earliest point and would then undergo the process of becoming a marine themselves. This process would be repeated with new sisters, and new material would come from marines recruited from recruiting worlds.

I would love to know if this sort of thing would fit in the fluff.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.

Last edited by gen.ahab; 03-30-17 at 05:52 AM. Reason: It read like poop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-29-17, 11:08 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I suppose it could happen. There are already breeding programs in place, if a bit more informal, like the noble houses of Nocturne picking partners for their scions most likely to produce future Salamanders. I can't remember where I read that, possibly the Nick Kyme trilogy.

I'm sure a similar idea has crossed an Inquisitor's mind as well. It would be very handy to have a chapter of SMs indoctrinated from birth and loyal only to the Inquisition/Ecclesiarchy/High Lords, similar to the Minotaurs. Who knows, considering the lack of history of the Minotaurs of the 41st millennium, that might be where they came from.
gen.ahab likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-30-17, 06:59 AM

Loran's Flag is: Finland

And considering that the Imperium already does the same with the Schola Progenium, when they select the orphaned offspring of Imperial heroes to be inducted. The offspring are then indoctrinated to the Imperial Creed and will be sent on to further training to become Militarum Tempestus, Commissars, Preachers, Sisters of Battle or even the occasional Interrogator for an Inquisitor.. So as the precedent is already existing for other branches of the Imperium, it's possible...
gen.ahab likes this.

[Hyarion] Warning! Loran may cause addiction to mindless online games.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode