Are there neutral or good deamons and could technically be minor chaos gods? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-17, 10:40 PM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
Look at Celestine. Pretty much a daemon of the Emperor inhabiting a flesh puppet, with how she calls down the Emperors will to smite the enemy in a beam of light from on high.
There are any number of things that could explain Celestine's abilities. Given the Emperor's aversion to being worshiped as a god, I am inclined to believe her abilities and acts of faith are the result of the heavy presence of faith her vicinity on the battlefield. When she's around, human soldiers of the Imperium believe their victory is assured, they believe an avatar of the Emperor's will is with them and the ripples this could cause in the warp may explain events in her presence.

There is also the possibility she is a latent psyker or some kind of psychic mutant and her gifts have simply been misinterpreted.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-14-17, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

The Final Frontier's Flag is: USA

I think the conversation got a bit off task lol

I would find it amusing if enough people believed if they did something bad, little deamons appeared in their milk lol

"I am Honored to call every single one of you my brother.....You will die today, I will die today but if we must die for the greater good of humanity so be it. With our deaths, our children will blossom into the stars with the Primarches of anew and start a new, grander crusade in the name of the Emperor and as the Emperor's chosen, we will guide them to that path......Show them the true fury of the Emperor's wraith one last time my brothers!.....Forward in the name of the Emperor and may you find salvation with the Emperor when the end comes for you.

- Chapter Master Nilus Pentis of the Ultra Hawks,
00.? 42M, Second battle of Terra
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-15-17, 09:40 PM

I remember reading around that warp we know is only a fraction of that dimension and that there are many formless primordial "things" floating in its tides who barely acknowledge the existence of us mortals.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-17-17, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanov77 View Post
I remember reading around that warp we know is only a fraction of that dimension and that there are many formless primordial "things" floating in its tides who barely acknowledge the existence of us mortals.
A recent novel (can't remember the name) touched on the idea of the "Deep Warp". Didn't really explain what was there, only that the warp ships transit through is the "Shallow Warp" and that the Deep Warp is almost physically resistant (to the extent anything in the warp can be called "physical") to passage through it. Fulgrim's pleasure planet is said to be "deep in the Eye", I'm not sure how that translates, if at all, to the Deep Warp.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-17, 01:22 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

The answer to this is essentially, it depends on how far back you are willing to go in the game publications. I haven't read any of the new novels, so I'm not up on the current fluff. (I always preferred to relate to it as game history, not "game ongoing soap opera.) The Realms of Chaos books say this rather directly. They describe a number of other lesser gods though they only name one or two.

In those books the warp is described as a psychic reflection of the material universe. Matter cannot survive there, but the reflections of the emotions of sentient beings collect there. Given enough time and enough concentrated feeling other new gods could emerge.

Curiously, the original authors cast the warp entities as mostly evil but the original descriptions leave a lot of space for other possibilities. A god of tenderness, or love, or gastronomy, or interior decoration, or fast cars etc. etc. could all exist or be germinating in the warp. There was an earlier view that the emperor was in fact a positive chaos God. After he died, he lived on in the warp growing in power as the spirit of humanity. One of the major questions was, what happens when his body finally dies on the golden throne? Is he dead like all other humans or will he be able to be reborn again or will he be the apotheosis of humanity?

I hope that helps!

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode