The Emperor, genetics and no female Space Marines - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-03-16, 03:57 PM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Aaaaahhh this thread reminds me of the old days... Back when I was bright eyed and thought that Chaos had room for good guys in it.

Man, was I wrong! Although... female space marines could still be a thing if...

KHORNE WILLS IT!

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-03-16, 05:24 PM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphrati View Post
Yet, if you think about it, the lore regarding it comes down to a group of politically powerful windbags (high lords of terra) merely saying 'this shall not be' where, in the case of astartes, the lore states 'this cannot be'. Yet, from what I have seen, the astartes lore is consistently the one being questioned even though it is the most set in stone.
Long and short of short of it? It comes down to 2 reasons: 1. The Space marines get a lot more limelight. Hence all the interest around them. 2. Space Marines are (I think it is safe to say) just cooler than the Sisters. They get all the coolest toys, niftiest abilities, most badass back stories. Their most inexperienced and weakest members could take on dozens of regular humans. Their exploits are legend.

That's why, I think, a lot of people clamor for female Space Marines.

Quote:
My post, if you read it carefully, is questioning why does this bit of lore need a reason above and beyond what is already stated?
Because we are curious beings and like to have things work in an internally consistent manner.

We don't just need to know that things work, we need to know why they work.

Quote:
Perhaps I am misunderstanding you here (or you are misunderstanding me). I am, in a round about sense, agreeing with the OP- astartes are only male.
Let me try to rephrase myself. Who in this thread has argued that there should be female Space Marines? Like within the canon.

No one, to my knowledge.

I was just commenting that your little soapbox episode was very strange given the context of the rest of the thread.

You tried to tear apart an argument no one had made.
post #63 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-03-16, 09:30 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandathe View Post
I'm not saying anyone in the Imperium can do it, I'm arguing that Humanity at its peak, during the Dark Age of Technology, definitely would have had the ability. Note the Navigator Houses also stem from this period. If you can create a (mostly) stably breeding human line that can actually see the Warp, you can do the same for superhumans. The fact that it's a bad idea due to the aforementioned side effect of getting yourself an "Obsolete" tag would not have stopped it happening
I'm reasonably sure we can state that there WERE and probably still ARE augmented women who could be classified as 'super humans', but not Space marines. Marines are a product of the Imperium and a creation of the Emperor. While a lot of what went into them probably came out of the Dark Age of Technology, their creation required the Primarch. The Primarchs were not around during the Dark Age, so I feel that it's safe to assume that neither were marines. Was there an analog during the Dark Age? Maybe. Can we definitely state there were marines? No. Why? Because unless GW writes it down on paper, we can't say anything.

That being said, GW may well have written down that there were space marines before the Imperium and the Emperor just ripped off some long dead group of biologists. I've never read anything which states that, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.

post #64 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-03-16, 09:58 PM

Quote:
One of the reasons I enjoy 30/40k is the lack of 'politically correct force it down your throat' vitriol that is rampant in today's society.

No, there is no good reason for female astartes. We do not, in fact, need them.

Astartes are male. Lore makes this absolutely clear. The is no 'grey area' here. Get over it.

(this is coming from a female by the way)
I was asking for one good reason, I don't see a need for female astartes.
post #65 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-03-16, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

A need for female marines? Chaos Marine breeding program.
post #66 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-03-16, 11:13 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
A need for female marines? Chaos Marine breeding program.

I've seen enough hentai to know how that would pan out.
post #67 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-03-16, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post

Maybe not enough unless you predicted this (copied from 1d4chan):
Quote:
Honsou, You Sick Fuck

We know that you among the fans, despite all our attempts to dissaude you, want cute FEMALE SPHESS MAHREENS! And there is good news - technically, there ARE Female Space Marines IN OFFICIAL LORE. The catch? Yes there is a catch. And this one is the worst.

Your FSM is a bloated, twisted, undying, insane, mutated pregnant mother-slave only alive because she's in the Eye of Terror.

You see, Honsou of the Iron Warriors, in an effort to squeeze new MAHREENS into the ranks without having to pay that other sick fuck Fabius Bile for clones, created a system of hideousness and sadness that pushes grimdark to a whole new level. He invented the Daemonculaba, a system whereby a woman is chained and fed stuff which will morph her and her womb into something that was never meant to be. A boy is then (yes, a child), jammed, shoved or cut INTO the vagina and stays there for a while. When his time is ready, he, now XBAWKS HUEG and STRONG, will have to rip, tear, or otherwise push his way out of his adoptive mother's womb/vagina. When he emerges, he will either be a skinless mutant abomination, or will emerge as a fully functional (albeit skinless) Chaos Space Marine in a fraction of the time, with all his growth stages and bionics and gene-seed already taken care of. How? It's fucking science.

This goes back to our Female Space Marine - you see, while she was being morphed and changed, Dark Mechanicus Biologos hereteks worked on her body, implanting gene-seed and making her physically a Female Space Marine, even if the form is rather off. Thus, her womb can turn children as well into Space Marines by having her womb 'grow' the required organs and stages directly into their bodies in a fraction of the time, days and weeks instead of years. Thankfully for the entire universe, this horror was destroyed before Honsou realized he could stick girls in there as well, and get double the recruits, and stumble upon the secret to true Female Space Marines.
So yeah....chaos magic to make female space marines....who were breeding tanks....

Ew.
post #68 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-03-16, 11:23 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

Quote:

So yeah....chaos magic to make female space marines....who were breeding tanks....

Ew.
I forgot about that lovely little..... piece of fiction. Yeah. McNeil is fucked in the head.
post #69 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-03-16, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
I forgot about that lovely little..... piece of fiction. Yeah. McNeil is fucked in the head.
It's good to forget. That's your brain protecting you from the awful.
post #70 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-04-16, 07:06 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Quote:

Streamed across the info-waves of the imperium?

Quote:

Ew.

Quote:
McNeil might be fucked in the head but he didn't come to with this. Frank Herbert did in the Dune series.

Axolotl Tanks aka female Bene Tleilax.

Quote:
"The axlotl tanks! He remembered emerging time after time: bright lights and padded mechanical hands. The hands rotated him and, in the unfocused blurs of the newborn, he saw a great mound of female flesh monstrous in her almost immobile grossness ... a maze of dark tubes linked her body to giant metal containers"
Add a little daemonic chaos flavor and there ya' go.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode