Blood Ravens - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-08, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

Emperor'sChild88's Flag is: USA

Default Blood Ravens

Whats the deal with the Blood Ravens? A chapter that doesn't know what Primarch they descended from is quite odd. Also they seem to enjoy the warp a little to much for space marines. Also, whats the deal with them and their whole "Knowledge is power, hide it well" if its power then why not share it?

FOR THE EMPEROR!!!
In mortis est gloriam

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-08, 03:11 AM
Bringer of the Apocalypse

Deneris's Flag is: Canada

Well... I COULD tell you, but those pesky Inquisitors would then come a-knockin' and execute you AND your planet...

"That, and sending Leman Russ to make a peaceful arrest? That's like sending a rabid Grizzly Bear to teach Kindergarten." - Cole Deschain
"Deneris - you are a legend." - TheKingElessar
"Chingao...sigh..guess I'll stay a slut then..."- Shogun_Nate
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-08, 03:22 AM
Tactless Tactician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor'sChild88 View Post
Whats the deal with the Blood Ravens?
Dawn of War's poster boys. That's the deal with them.

Quote:
A chapter that doesn't know what Primarch they descended from is quite odd.
They're not necessarily alone.

Quote:
Also, whats the deal with them and their whole "Knowledge is power, hide it well" if its power then why not share it?
In 40K, if you share power, you tend to end up.... dead.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

The Swordsworn Chapter WAAAAAAGH! GOBSMASH
W: 1 T: 1 L: 6_________________W: 8 T:2 L:6

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-08, 03:22 PM

revenant13's Flag is: USA

its theorized that their primarch was Magnus the Red cause of somethin in one of the Blood Raven books. a BR had amnesia or something of that nature and when he saw a thousand son sorcerer he went all like "BROTHER!!!". ive never read the book so im just repeating what i recall somebody else saying.

the whole magnus thing would explain their love for the warp and disproportionate number of librarians.

and like cole said about the power. if you know something your enemy doesnt, probably dont even wanna share it with even your friends for fear of the enemy finding out and you losing your advantage.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-08, 03:55 PM
Digg40k's Flag is: United Kingdom

Rumour has it that they were created from the remnants of whatever loyal Tsons there were post the burning of Prospero. Although how any Tsons remained loyal is completely up for debate, the only way I can see any remaining loyal is if they were elsewhere than Prospero at the time of the Space Wolves attacking.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-08, 07:23 PM

Farseer Beltiac's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digg40k View Post
Rumour has it that they were created from the remnants of whatever loyal Tsons there were post the burning of Prospero. Although how any Tsons remained loyal is completely up for debate, the only way I can see any remaining loyal is if they were elsewhere than Prospero at the time of the Space Wolves attacking.
its possible....I'm all up for that though....it said battle brother fought battle brother so it is very plausible some remained loyal to the imperium. and then were later formed into other loyalist chapters after the initial codices or whatever by Guilliman.

This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground sir. We're not going anywhere."
—SPARTAN-259
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-08, 09:29 PM

Ferrus Manus's Flag is: Ukraine

in the dark crusade game, when you attack the Blood Ravens main base they talk about a Unknown Primarch, that cause alot of arguements about the Blood Ravens being a first founding.
Rumor alos has it that the Blood Ravens were part of the 21st founding and half the legion managed to surive but they forget all about themselves, so now there looking for relics and items to remember
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-29-08, 04:35 PM

Kendares's Flag is: USA

or they could be so ashamed of who their primarch was. i really do believe that their primarch is magnus. and iv heard some where when a Tson said knowledge is power i dont remember where but im 100% positive that i read it some where. and why they dont remember i think is because the loyal Tsons never told anyone of their origins and when they died they took the truth with them. if anyone found out that they are from the Tsons they would be most likely disbanded and killed for being from a tratior legion.

It's good to be the king- Mel Brooks

what is the opposite of Progress?
...Congress

https://www.heresy-online.net/daemons...4260-14260.htm
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-29-08, 04:48 PM

I always thought that Blood Ravens where like an Add on chapter lol

EDIT:

--------------

They could also be connected to the TSons because they are fond of magic, and that they have no home world they are on strike cruisers and the homeworld they have was givento them by roboute guilliman I think when he gave them their own chapter and adeptus astartes rules or somthing.

So they could of been off fighting? And got back to find out their primarch betray them, so they fly in strike cruisers. Also their armor is red and magnus was well.. Red.

Last edited by CommanderAnthor; 10-29-08 at 04:54 PM.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-29-08, 05:49 PM

Cato Sicarius's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole Deschain View Post
Dawn of War's poster boys. That's the deal with them.
What is it with you people and Codex chapters being "poster boys"? Are you the poster boys of poster boys?

Anyway, the most likely one is the Thousand Sons theory when you take everything into account.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode