An Ork mercenary in a Inquisitor's retinue? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-29-16, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Brobaddon's Flag is: Croatia

Default An Ork mercenary in a Inquisitor's retinue?

Since Blood axes are known to offer mercenary service and Imperium even used some of them at times, I wonder if there ever was an example of a radical Inquisitor who used an Ork as one of his close agents? Technically shouldn't be impossible, for the reasons above and for the fact Orks are sometimes known to display respect for umies who know how to fight ( Ghaz respecting Yarrick ) and the Ork Warboss in Hammer of Demons/Grey Knight omnibus cheering on Allarick when he defeated few mutants and what not. So is this still possible or is it just a case of old fluff?

Wouldn't it be cool to have an Ork Kommando in your retinue? At least makes a good fanfiction material

Last edited by Brobaddon; 02-29-16 at 06:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-29-16, 08:41 PM
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Have pondered something like this myself.

Yes is possible, but controling such an ally would be difficult for anyone short of a marine, which some inquisitors share some aspects mainly the strenght due to the orks rationale thinking.

Though haven't seen any fluff in regards, the bloods axes lending their guns to others is kind of a very temporary thing in most cases, the get the guns as payment and then shoot the person paying them.

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-29-16, 11:03 PM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Sure, for a pretty radical inquisitor.

I mean some of them are going around using Chaos artifacts to fight the enemies of man. An Ork could work.

Just be aware that you can't exactly drag this Ork to the next Inquisitorial counsel and not expect repercussions.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-16, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobaddon View Post
Since Blood axes are known to offer mercenary service and Imperium even used some of them at times, I wonder if there ever was an example of a radical Inquisitor who used an Ork as one of his close agents? Technically shouldn't be impossible, for the reasons above and for the fact Orks are sometimes known to display respect for umies who know how to fight ( Ghaz respecting Yarrick ) and the Ork Warboss in Hammer of Demons/Grey Knight omnibus cheering on Allarick when he defeated few mutants and what not. So is this still possible or is it just a case of old fluff?

Wouldn't it be cool to have an Ork Kommando in your retinue? At least makes a good fanfiction material
No canon examples that I can think of, but some parts of 40k are designed to allow all sorts of weirdness to go on at the fringes of Imperial society and beyond. It's not outside the realm of possibility that an Ork or a small Waaagh!! gets hired as a mercenary, though they're more likely to try to manipulating Orks. Most folks forget that the Eldar aren't the only manipulators of interstellar powers.

The only caveat I could think of is that no Inquisitor would let an Ork be a close, trusted agent beyond being hired muscle.

If you were going to attach an Ork to a group of players for a 40KRP group, than that's usually pretty cromulent. I can imagine it would be pretty interesting to have a pretty gregarious Ork joining up.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-16, 07:56 AM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHallelujah View Post
The only caveat I could think of is that no Inquisitor would let an Ork be a close, trusted agent beyond being hired muscle.
Inquisitors come in every shape, size, and creed.

Some of them use daemon hosts for goodness sakes! I assume Orks could fly...if they were kept discreet.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-16, 08:03 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

i guess it would be easier to control and justify an Ogryn... however, for fluff reason, a strong and radical Inq. could totally do that. possibly not an anti-xeno Inq. Maybe, since orks tend to resist chaos corruption, an ordo hereticus could employ ork mercs when he knows he is goint to face slaanshy or tzeentchian threats (better not test the ork resistance to chaos vs khorne or nurgle...)
i think that any inq. could have some "black ops" allies that never show up in the records but do the unpleasant works. So our guy could trust a more reliable kommando mercenary group and hire them from time to time. About having a kommando as a retinue...hard to control them. better not linger too long around an ork, i guess. a deamon you can bind, but an ork will only respect strenght: the moment you stand in need of help...i don't know what an ork could do.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-16, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Brobaddon's Flag is: Croatia

Even better, both Ork and an Ogryn! That way they can be pals and smash each other's faces in btw boring parts of inquisitorial investigation and what not.

Tho I was planning to have specifically a Kommando since they're known for their tactical ability and greater patience than common Orks. And ofc, cause Inquisitors often utilize a lot of sneaking.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-16, 08:38 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobaddon View Post
Even better, both Ork and an Ogryn! That way they can be pals and smash each other's faces in btw boring parts of inquisitorial investigation and what not.
that could be a great way to keep in line an ork

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-16, 10:45 AM

Why not ?

All it take is a radical inquisitor with psychic telepathic powers and tadaaaa !

But I prefer the idea of an Ogryn and an Ork being pal and smashing each other between combat.

Don't shoot me, heretic ! I speak High Gothick and english isn't my first language !

Check out my space marine story if you dare :

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=187466
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-16, 02:46 AM

How about a female inquisitor falling in love with her brawny Ork mercenary, cool idea?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode