The Great Crusade finds Earth. What do you do? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-19-16, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Default The Great Crusade finds Earth. What do you do?

So let's say the Great Crusade finds Earth. We're not the Earth of the lore etc, let's just say for arguments sake, that it's a very strange co-incidence that we have an identical solar system and history etc. Just ignore that and move on! Cool.

So they've turned up, little to no Legion support is present at the time, just the Imperial Army, but let's say led by someone with a hefty amount of pull, someone that could quite easily request Legion support and it would come.

Knowing what you know about 30k/40k, what will happen (or might not happen potentially) during the events of the Horus Heresy etc. What would you do? Would you seek out the Imperial representatives and tell them all you know, likely be branded as crazy or delusional. Or would you hold your tongue? Generally this is going to depend on other factors as well, such as how do you think the nations of Earth would react? If the big nations defy the Imperium and defend themselves, not wanting to be 'enlightened', if so, going to be hard contacting the Imperium, would you rebel against them, or defect from your nation and join the Imperium as a collaborator.

Bear in mind, if the Earth does go to war, and Legion support is called, you've got no idea at all who will turn up. Or if you convince someone enough to get a Legion response to your claims, you may get a Ultramarine, who may well listen to your theoreticals, or you might get a Night Lord who will simply flay you alive.

Go. Let's try and get some discussion back into this board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-19-16, 05:28 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

I'm going to type up a quick answer before I have to leave. Might give a more in depth answer when I'm back. We'll have to see.

I would most certainly defect to the Imperiums side. Imperial enlightenment is far more preferable to dying pointlessly defending a government, run by idiots, that isn't exactly for the people anymore. And you know there would be hardcore religious fanatics standing against them. While I would defend their right to believe as they do, I'm not going to stand and die with them if it came down to it.

On to the other pat, I feel like i'd hold my tongue on the events of the HH. Its one of those things that would probably wind up with you being executed on the spot regardless of who might be listening to you. After all, at this point I assume Horus has yet been lured to Davin, so he's still the Emperor's favored son and a paragon to all. Who in their right mind would want to listen to such slander?

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-19-16, 06:16 PM

R_Squared's Flag is: England

Seeing as the Earth is still pretty divided, with no one point of contact, or unifying philosophy, and considering the resources and tech available to the Imperium, pacification of the planet would be pretty straightforward with little to no significant resistance.
Those parts that proved difficult would likely just be eradicated.
So tbh, it would make absolutely no difference what I decided to do whatsoever
As to telling them about the HH, Its just made up, so there's nothing to tell. Although I imagine the boys in Nottingham would be having a hard time.
I'd probably be a bit more concerned about the possible eruption of warp spawned demons, tyrannids or rampaging orks if I'm honest.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-19-16, 06:29 PM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

Shoot them an anonymous email with links to various things that may be of interest. The HH book series, primarily. Probably a copy of the current eldar codex with the heavy implication that if the Imperium doesn't get its act together there are going to be major problems further down the road involving scatbikes and wraithknights.

Possibly suggest the wolf star and librarius conclave strategy as a guaranteed way to stop Horus at Istvaan. Point to the Thousand Sons as a good source of psykers for those armies and suggest ignoring Nicea for the time being. Encourage a massive breeding program for those thunderwolves, and maybe petition them to develop some grav weapons too

www.communitycomp.org/

^ Balanced 40k!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-19-16, 06:38 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Embrace the new arrivals and squeal on all traitor and xenos players as potential insurgents, try and land a handy pensionable job with benefits and dental plan!

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-19-16, 07:29 PM

Tyriks's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
I would most certainly defect to the Imperiums side. Imperial enlightenment is far more preferable to dying pointlessly defending a government, run by idiots, that isn't exactly for the people anymore.
Man, this is my reasoning for being against the Imperium. They have subjugated the galaxy, forced their religion on everyone at gunpoint, treat people like disposable resources, built the very society they were supposed to prevent, and are probably feeding Chaos even more than any other race. All for what? For the High Lords of Terra to stay in power? To advance the Imperial Cult? To promote hatred of marginalized people groups and outsiders? They literally take the worst parts of some of the most horrific governments of human history and merge them.

I would gladly die to fight against an institution as corrupt as that.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-19-16, 08:57 PM

DelvarusThePitFighter's Flag is: United Kingdom

I was under the impression Terra was Earth. No? Ok my mistake sorry
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-19-16, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Squared View Post
Seeing as the Earth is still pretty divided, with no one point of contact, or unifying philosophy, and considering the resources and tech available to the Imperium, pacification of the planet would be pretty straightforward with little to no significant resistance.
Those parts that proved difficult would likely just be eradicated.
So tbh, it would make absolutely no difference what I decided to do whatsoever
As to telling them about the HH, Its just made up, so there's nothing to tell. Although I imagine the boys in Nottingham would be having a hard time.
I'd probably be a bit more concerned about the possible eruption of warp spawned demons, tyrannids or rampaging orks if I'm honest.

I remember years and years ago back at High school a friend and I used to pray that Tyranids would land on the football pitch and a Carnifex would tear through the roof and eat the Maths teacher....
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-19-16, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriks View Post
Man, this is my reasoning for being against the Imperium. They have subjugated the galaxy, forced their religion on everyone at gunpoint, treat people like disposable resources, built the very society they were supposed to prevent, and are probably feeding Chaos even more than any other race. All for what? For the High Lords of Terra to stay in power? To advance the Imperial Cult? To promote hatred of marginalized people groups and outsiders? They literally take the worst parts of some of the most horrific governments of human history and merge them.

I would gladly die to fight against an institution as corrupt as that.

True that. Sign up for the WE recruitment today...
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-19-16, 10:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelvarusThePitFighter View Post
I was under the impression Terra was Earth. No? Ok my mistake sorry
Reread the first part of Angel of Bloods post for that one.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode