The Great Crusade finds Earth. What do you do? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-19-16, 11:31 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriks View Post
Man, this is my reasoning for being against the Imperium. They have subjugated the galaxy, forced their religion on everyone at gunpoint, treat people like disposable resources, built the very society they were supposed to prevent, and are probably feeding Chaos even more than any other race. All for what? For the High Lords of Terra to stay in power? To advance the Imperial Cult? To promote hatred of marginalized people groups and outsiders? They literally take the worst parts of some of the most horrific governments of human history and merge them.

I would gladly die to fight against an institution as corrupt as that.
This is talking about 30K time period, not 40K. Pre-Heresy during the Great Crusade. Otherwise, you have a good point.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-16, 03:20 AM

Tyriks's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
This is talking about 30K time period, not 40K. Pre-Heresy during the Great Crusade. Otherwise, you have a good point.
Right, but the situation assumes we know how it will turn out.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-16, 07:57 AM

R_Squared's Flag is: England

Which is why you have the chance to warn the Imperium, or not.
Although it would be impossible to have any credibility, or evidence.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-16, 08:42 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Seeing as I have all 4 Chaos symbols tattooed on my arms, I would most likely not be a very good candidate to support the Imperium. They would burn me at the stake at the first sign of my arms.

That being said, if the Imperium visited earth and we took for granted that the fiction was based on the knowledge of them existing, but not necessarily being true lore, I would welcome them. While their approaches are less appealing, I would rather see the world die united under one flag than it tearing itself apart over contradicting beliefs and political systems that it is currently.

In short; I'm so embarrassed at our current world, that I would gladly surrender it to a force that could colonize the vastness of our universe as The Imperium has. If nothing else, we would get our view expanded by the vastness of other worlds and maybe put some perspective into the minds of the folks that believe we are the center of the universe and deserve to be treated as such.

Would I turn to Chaos in the long run? Honestly, most likely. But that's a tale for another time.

Last edited by Nordicus; 01-20-16 at 08:46 AM.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-16, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
...Would I turn to Chaos in the long run? Honestly, most likely. But that's a tale for another time.
Hmmmm, a lifetime of pointless servitude in a relentless unending faceless grind for a pitiless, monolithic, empire.

Or

Fun and excitement branching out on your own, in a challenging, no hold barred plunge into insanity or glory, with dental care.

Tricky one.

I'll be there already when you decide to rock up, bring pie.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-16, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
Seeing as I have all 4 Chaos symbols tattooed on my arms, I would most likely not be a very good candidate to support the Imperium. They would burn me at the stake at the first sign of my arms.
Take a huge loan out from the first loan shark you can find and get them laser removed! The loan will be completely irrelevant soon enough, so don't worry about that.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-16, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Squared View Post
Fun and excitement branching out on your own, in a challenging, no hold barred plunge into insanity or glory, with dental care.

Tricky one.

I'll be there already when you decide to rock up, bring pie.
This is a topic for another thread really. But the likely reality isn't the freedom and glory people always assume supporting Chaos will get you. The chances are you're going to be sacrificed, become a thrall that's terrified of your overlords and master and utterly inconsequential to them, or of course, become a spawn.

The people that seem to think Slannesh is a good idea baffle me the most though. 'Sex, drugs and rock'n'roll' yeah, good luck with the reality of that choice!
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-16, 05:01 PM

Pfft, servitude and thralldom is for weak willed fools! Obviously the ruinous powers will recognise the truly worthy, and tell my boss to stuff it where the sun don't shine.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-21-16, 12:56 AM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

I was actually thinking about this the other day. I think you could potentially get word about the HH to higher ups, but not if you ran in screaming "Horus is a traitor! Horus is a traitor!". Presumably if you could prove that the intel you had was correct about some things the higher ups would be more inclined to believe the more outlandish things. Like "Hey, I know the names of every Primarch and the legions and all these battles. Aren't you curious to know how? Well, let me show you this info. By the way, don't let Horus go to Davin. Or Fulgrim to Laer. And don't bomb Monarchia. Trust me, you'll thank me later. Oh, and kill Erebus, Kor Pheron, Typhon and Fabius Bile. Again, you'll thank me."

It also depends on when in the timeline you catch the Imperium. Maybe the Emperor is still knocking around on the front line. Maybe Monarchia hasn't been destroyed. Maybe Horus hasn't gone to Davin yet. But if, say, the Word Bearers have already turned and they show up to help subjugate Earth, ain't no way the HH is getting stopped.

As for me, join the winning side. The Imperium will win eventually. I'm just hoping my education is enough to make me useful enough to warrant some form of status in the new regime. Realistically it's the same plan I have for when China and Russia get board and take over the world. It's not the best plan I'll admit but it's the only one I've got!

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-21-16, 04:42 AM

Buy lots of GW shares.

Anyway I think I will be too inconsequential to affect the future in anyway, I will be just minding my own business rather than screaming about heresy and stuff. I am pretty sure that one way or another they will come to know about GW.

I will probably try to get a job in one of the civilian fleet in order to travel the stars.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode