How Elite Are Imperial Knights fluff wise - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-15, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

The Final Frontier's Flag is: USA

Default How Elite Are Imperial Knights fluff wise

so I was curious, how elite are the Imperial Knights in general perhaps in a tier system from one being imperial militia to nine being the Space Marines and ten being the Costudes. Ive read lore where they can hold off armies on there own but are the pilots useless without there Knights?

"I am Honored to call every single one of you my brother.....You will die today, I will die today but if we must die for the greater good of humanity so be it. With our deaths, our children will blossom into the stars with the Primarches of anew and start a new, grander crusade in the name of the Emperor and as the Emperor's chosen, we will guide them to that path......Show them the true fury of the Emperor's wraith one last time my brothers!.....Forward in the name of the Emperor and may you find salvation with the Emperor when the end comes for you.

- Chapter Master Nilus Pentis of the Ultra Hawks,
00.? 42M, Second battle of Terra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-15, 08:12 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

cant comment on how "elite" they are tho I would rate them around the same level as Astartes. however without their knights they are about as strong as an Imperial guard veteran. as they are mostlly unaugmented humans (from what I gather, I might be wrong here). with perhaps some bionics.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-15, 08:45 AM
hailene's Flag is: USA

A knight is a rare and powerful piece of technology. They're different than a Space Marine...you can't say "One knight is worth 11.6 Space Marines!"

A Baneblade is technically more destructive than a Space Marine, but there are things Space Marines can do that Baneblades would be totally unsuited for (like a drop-pod assault into a underground cavern system).

On a one to one basis, I'd say the knight outweighs a Space Marine, for the most part.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-15, 10:07 AM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

What makes them powerful is the machine they pilot, they come from aristocrstic backgrounds so have probably had access to the best education food and medical care available on their worlds, and being of a warrior caste they would be physically and mentally robust, so in general terms they would be "elite". But comparing them to other units outside their class would not be really work because they do different things

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-20-15, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

The Final Frontier's Flag is: USA

what I meant how many are there?
How many Knights are made in a century?
Do they train most of there life to become a pilot?

etc

stuff like that since they don't tell in the codex

"I am Honored to call every single one of you my brother.....You will die today, I will die today but if we must die for the greater good of humanity so be it. With our deaths, our children will blossom into the stars with the Primarches of anew and start a new, grander crusade in the name of the Emperor and as the Emperor's chosen, we will guide them to that path......Show them the true fury of the Emperor's wraith one last time my brothers!.....Forward in the name of the Emperor and may you find salvation with the Emperor when the end comes for you.

- Chapter Master Nilus Pentis of the Ultra Hawks,
00.? 42M, Second battle of Terra
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-20-15, 04:32 AM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Its the comming of age ceremony for a young imperial knight noble, called the Ritual of Becoming, as they bond with the throne mechanicus to allow them to ride a knight. So either you succeed and become a knight, or you die/go insane.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/I...al_of_Becoming
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-20-15, 02:26 PM

I think in one on one, Knights will come off as better than Astartes although it wouldn't be a complete whitewash. Let's say out of 100 bouts, Knights will win 75 but if they are fighting a campaign or a battle any Astarte chapter will have better of them.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-20-15, 04:12 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

You cant really compare them as already said. One is elite infantry, and the other is elite mechanized walkers.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-15, 10:18 PM
Cruel Commissar

Beaviz81's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
You cant really compare them as already said. One is elite infantry, and the other is elite mechanized walkers.
Just wondering, are you a neo-nazi?

My story about the commissars Zachary Carrus and Michelle Ionza and their life and crimes https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=123690
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-15, 10:45 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaviz81 View Post
Just wondering, are you a neo-nazi?
Yes or no, it's irrelevant either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode