Alpharius using Necron Spear? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-15, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

zerachiel76's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Alpharius using Necron Spear?

In book 3 Extermination Alpaharius is stated as using the pale spear which is described as:

"The Pale Spear was one of a number of strange and esoteric weapons associated with the Primarch Alpharius. Rumoured to be a strange Xeno artefact, whose forging predated even the rise of the Eldar, the double-bladed spear seemingly flickered out of phase with the material universe and emitted an eerie and otherworldly howl, when wielded. It was capable of piercing and ripping apart any physical defense it encountered; while against living matter, The Pale Spear inflicted hideously bloodless gaping wounds on its targets, as the flesh where it struck dissolved into oily smoke"

It struck me that this sounds very like a C'Tan phase weapon

"C'tan phase weapons (also known as fractal edged weapons) (including the Callidus Assassin Phase Sword, Cypher's Phase Knife, Necron Warscythes and the metal bodies of the C'tan themselves) are all based around a metal blade of unknown composition that, through the use of highly advanced Necron physics, is capable of slicing through any object irrespective of its physical properties. Energy shields, armour and even daemonic bodies are no defence against a Phase Weapon."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"No, I don't care if it's 'fun', you are not attempting to shove your USB stick in my Scart socket....."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
"It won't fit" "That's what they always say first time"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-15, 06:30 PM
Rattlehead

With the amount of xenos races in the galaxy, especially explored more in 30k, I'd say it could be anyone's (I wouldn't cry foul if you suggested it was a Kinebrach weapon), but it being a Necron weapon is entirely feasible. It does sound a lot like a C'tan phase weapon.

That, or it's a weapon made entirely our of shitty deus ex machina; it seems to be the Alpha Legion's primary resource.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-15, 07:12 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Mind you, some Necron Dynasties is said to have awoken to witness the Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy. Szarekh the Silent King claims to have met Sanguinius in the short story Word of the Silent King.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-15, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

zerachiel76's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
With the amount of xenos races in the galaxy, especially explored more in 30k, I'd say it could be anyone's (I wouldn't cry foul if you suggested it was a Kinebrach weapon), but it being a Necron weapon is entirely feasible. It does sound a lot like a C'tan phase weapon.

That, or it's a weapon made entirely our of shitty deus ex machina; it seems to be the Alpha Legion's primary resource.
Fair point about the Kinebrach. Do we know that the Kinebrach pre-date the Eldar (since the Pale Spear is supposed to pre-date the Eldar) and do we know much about the weapons they use? I can't find much apart from the anathemae which was poison based

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"No, I don't care if it's 'fun', you are not attempting to shove your USB stick in my Scart socket....."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
"It won't fit" "That's what they always say first time"
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-15, 09:40 PM
Rattlehead

The Anathame was warp-based, as was much of Kinebrach science. I've no idea for how long they existed, although if they were doing Chaos tech like the Anathame I don't imagine the Eldar would have stood by and let that happen.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-10-15, 03:17 AM

With the AL being the AL it really wouldn't surprise me.

Honestly it wouldn't be surprising if the AL is responsible for the Necrons not waking up during the great crusade.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-10-15, 05:29 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Just noticed that Callidus Assassins now just have a Phase Sword with no mention of the C'Tan. Sad day for fluff in my books.

Wouldn't doubt for a minute that the big A would have 'cron tech. He likely won it in a poker game with the Silent King....just another thing Szarekh doesn't want to talk about

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-10-15, 12:37 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Just noticed that Callidus Assassins now just have a Phase Sword with no mention of the C'Tan. Sad day for fluff in my books.

Wouldn't doubt for a minute that the big A would have 'cron tech. He likely won it in a poker game with the Silent King....just another thing Szarekh doesn't want to talk about
I dunno. It was cool sure. But the idea that the Callidus temple had that many C'Tan swords to equip all their assassins seemed very off.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-10-15, 04:31 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

They had C'Tan swords before Necrons had C'Tan shards I think. My memory of 2nd/3rd edition is fuzzy.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-15, 02:58 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
There there, they can never take away a Callidus assassin stabbing the Deceiver (pretending to be a Terran bigwig) and recoiling in horror as their weapon melts into its back.

...oh wait, who knows if that's canon since the redefinition of how C'tan work and the Necron relationship to them...

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode