Deathfire - Best HH book in ages ***spoilers*** - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-09-15, 10:22 PM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Whoa, so the first post wasn't sarcasm? I haven't read the book so I can't judge it but...

Why do you perceive the Death Guard to be evil? Some could argue some of the Legions have fallen to being "evil" (the slaughter of civilians of Terra by the EC, the general massacres done by Khorne's followers, the harshness of later Imperial forces, the Night Lords in general), but the Death Guard haven't struck me as particularly evil.

Or at least so far, really. Sure, they might have a low opinion of humans, but that's not necessarily evil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-09-15, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerachiel76 View Post
TBH I really don't care if:

A - You feel it was well discussed - I've read that thread and it's mostly a bunch of negative opinions on Nick Kyme and his stories, non of which I agree with. There were some positive opinions which I agreed with but I'm not going to join in the arguments there.
B - You dislike the book - I enjoyed the plot, I thought the characterisation was done well and enjoyed the storyline. You're all free to dislike the book, that's your opinions and that's fine.

As a final thought I think this thread just shows how this forum has developed. IMO it's no longer a place where I feel my opinion is welcome. That's fine, no-one forces me to come here. It's like I have a morbid fascination on what people are hating on now that keeps me coming back here. However at least I now have the evidence on what happens if I post something which dares to break from the general consensus of hate which seems to pervade these forums now.
Nick Kyme, is that you?

Haha...in all seriousness, get some thicker skin mate. Not agreeing with your opinion does not equal not welcoming your opinion.

I also thought you were being sarcastic as "wow, wow, wowy" seems to be rather over the top
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-10-15, 03:43 AM
Craw-Daddy

I looked at the thread and was actually kind of hopeful. Lol. Hopefully they get it back in flux.

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-13-15, 11:58 PM

SoL Berzerker's Flag is: USA

I am probably 100 pages from the finish and I like it quite a bit. Not my favorite, but it succeeds in entertaining me.

Action scenes have been nice and brutal and the characters are good enough, quite a few memorable quotes even.

All in all I'm enjoying it.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-14-15, 09:33 AM

I am happy for you. To each his own
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-14-15, 09:36 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoL Berzerker View Post
quite a few memorable quotes.
'Vulkan Lives' by any chance? It really should be memorable by now.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-14-15, 01:05 PM

Brother Emund's Flag is: United Kingdom

I have just been bought the book. Should I turn the first page or just use it as a door stop?

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-03-16, 09:17 PM

Gabriel Chase's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Emund View Post
I have just been bought the book. Should I turn the first page or just use it as a door stop?

Why are you not sticking models to it, and spray-painting them?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode