Alpha Legion are the most powerful Legion? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-01-15, 08:13 AM

Brother Emund's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santor View Post
I am only become more certain and over and over vindicated that Alpha Legion are overwanked and I wish to see as many as opposed evidences and counter opinions and objections.
Is this some sort of weird AL passtime or something?

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-15, 09:46 AM

I concur...the AL are "wanked"...but not by Abnett, only by inferior writers after him

FW has a habit of favouring pet chapters in 40K (e.g. the super-unstoppable ultra-savage Executioners, Minotaurs, Carcharadons who only meet a challenge when they fight each other...cuz y'know, all that matters in war is how savage and bloodthirsty you are in close combat)

FW's pet legions are AL and NL...and I think SW will be next
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-15, 10:16 AM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Have you even read the Imperial Fist or Ultramarine rules? They're comparable to AL and NL.

In all honesty, the only ones that aren't as powerful as the others are the ones from Betrayal. The rest are pretty solid. However, book 6 seems set to readdress some of this imbalance, so that'll be nice.

Their fluff is a bit Mary Sue, but that's because we're used to Chapters, which are frail, thinly stretched, diluted versions of the Legions they come from. The Legions are the zenith of the Imperium's power so it makes sense for them to be more powerful than we expect from 40k space marines

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-12-15, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
Have you even read the Imperial Fist or Ultramarine rules? They're comparable to AL and NL.

In all honesty, the only ones that aren't as powerful as the others are the ones from Betrayal. The rest are pretty solid. However, book 6 seems set to readdress some of this imbalance, so that'll be nice.

Their fluff is a bit Mary Sue, but that's because we're used to Chapters, which are frail, thinly stretched, diluted versions of the Legions they come from. The Legions are the zenith of the Imperium's power so it makes sense for them to be more powerful than we expect from 40k space marines
Yes and what I mean is no other than fluff. I have not ever said their rule is Mary Sue.

Frankly speaking, I wonder if you have even read the main tread, let alone comments.

And I am saying that Alpha Legion are close to Mary Sue in standard of Legion, NOT Chapter.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-14-15, 03:16 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Re: thread title:

Only in my heart <3

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-14-15, 03:26 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

More seriously: the Alpha Legion have some things seriously going for them, but to a self-destructive degree. They are... control freaks and obfuscators, expending massive amounts of resources to cover every angle and overthink everything to the Nth degree without revealing the slightest bit about their true intentions before committing to the operation.

This degree of over-commitment is probably best displayed as self-sabotaging in Sanders' "The Serpent Beneath," in The Primarchs anthology: it's a display of the Alpha Legion at its most Mary Sue, pulling off an incredible heist caper against...

They suffer from a severe case of "the right hand knows not what the left hand does"--they have given too much initiative to too many people on too many levels without a rigid and rigorous guiding set of values or philosophy. They are lost in the woods for the trees; too hyper-competent on a micro level but lost and formless on the macro level, without structure or ideals; and too plastic and malleable in order to be able to turn themselves into whatever they need to be to overcome the next obstacle to have any overarching identity that defines their course.

Good grief, I love the Alpha Legion.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 11-14-15 at 03:30 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode