Chaos Undivided.... How? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-15, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Default Chaos Undivided.... How?

It was my understanding that you could only worship one of the four Gods without getting torn apart by the resulting conflict, between the two or more Gods over who got you as their champion. Making worship of even non-opposing Gods like Khorne and Nurgle impossible.

Yet, I just recently learned about Chaos Undivided, who somehow managed to worship all four Gods and survive. Can I ask how?

Do the Gods just say, ''Ok, guys, this dudes worshipping all of us and he's a pretty big badass, should we just call it equal ownership?''

Oh, and to those who have been watching the RP section lately: Yes, this is basically a question of if that character could survive with the choices he's made.

''Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Sk- Oh shut up already! I'm a blasted Noise Marine and you've managed to give me a headache!''

- Random Noise Marine in the midst of a Khorne-Berserker.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-15, 10:53 AM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Chaos undivided followers, often tends to be the ones capable of uniting the fractitious lot for a short time. Archaon Everchosen or Horus.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-15, 11:26 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

in the old fluff, you could worship the whole pantheon without committing too much to any of the four or you could just sell your soul to one and consacrate your life to him. Up to the 3rd codex, the undivided crew was the most numerous ,organized and mentally stable. Then, with 5th edition, you basically HAD to choose a god and chaos undivided was almost obliterated from the records.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-15, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
in the old fluff, you could worship the whole pantheon without committing too much to any of the four or you could just sell your soul to one and consacrate your life to him. Up to the 3rd codex, the undivided crew was the most numerous ,organized and mentally stable. Then, with 5th edition, you basically HAD to choose a god and chaos undivided was almost obliterated from the records.
But not fully? Implying you can still manage to worship all four Gods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
Chaos undivided followers, often tends to be the ones capable of uniting the fractitious lot for a short time. Archaon Everchosen or Horus.
From the stuff I read I'd already gathered this, but my question wasn't so much as, ''what do they do'' more of, ''how do they do it?''

''Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Sk- Oh shut up already! I'm a blasted Noise Marine and you've managed to give me a headache!''

- Random Noise Marine in the midst of a Khorne-Berserker.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-15, 12:42 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

I suggest looking at the Word Bearers, with their zealous dedication to the whole chaotic pantheon. They frown heavilly on anyone declaring just for a single god. Lorgar always seemed very warp-as-whole oriented. Same for Erebus and Kor Phaeron.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-15, 01:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Keep in mind that chaos undivided can also mean not dedicating yourself to any of the gods.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-15, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
Keep in mind that chaos undivided can also mean not dedicating yourself to any of the gods.
as per the new fluff i think undivided is just absence of dedication

Quote:
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-15, 06:36 PM

zerachiel76's Flag is: United Kingdom

Similar thing with Perturabo who somehow managed to convince all 4 gods to make him a daemon prince on the back of sacrificing a few hundred Imperial Fist geneseed. The source for this is Index Astartes I which I know isn't that current but since it's not been retconned yet it's still the most up to date info on how Perty managed to ascend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"No, I don't care if it's 'fun', you are not attempting to shove your USB stick in my Scart socket....."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
"It won't fit" "That's what they always say first time"
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-15, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerachiel76 View Post
Similar thing with Perturabo who somehow managed to convince all 4 gods to make him a daemon prince on the back of sacrificing a few hundred Imperial Fist geneseed. The source for this is Index Astartes I which I know isn't that current but since it's not been retconned yet it's still the most up to date info on how Perty managed to ascend.
The Gods had some hot deals back then. Good times.

Quote:
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-15, 05:09 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

I prefer to think of it as dancing on the head of a needle: you might fall off in any of the 4 cardinal directions (aka into worship of one of the 4 chaos gods at any time) and there's a very real danger of slipping and impaling yourself on this precarious perch, but in the mean while...

Well, you're living for all you're worth.

There are more traitor legions that are generally Undivided than there are devoted to chaos gods (though worshippers of Chaos, much less CSM in general, are by no means solely made up of the 9 original traitor legions)--4 legions devoted to individual gods vs 5 that worship "general... chaosiness."

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode