Eldar Theorizing - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-24-15, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Cool discussion! I found the information interesting and fun.
---

Ok. After some discussion, the idea of an Eldar being born with a Spirit Stone doesn't seem possible, feasible, or worthwhile for the Eldar. Though through discussion, an interesting scenario was given to me. BUT, I came up with an idea to expand on that and was curious what others thought.

They told me that Daemons are always eager to possess a living host to use as a vessel in the real world, and Eldar in particular are favorite victims of Slaaneshi creatures. If the would-be host has the mental fortitude to throw off the will of a daemon however, and free themselves from possession; it renders them immune to becoming repossessed. (Something the Inquisition makes a point of using if their agents find an individual capable of it.) In addition, the individual gains stronger resistances to general Chaos influence.

That's also when they said that it would be near impossible for a young child to commit such a feat, but it might be within the realm of possibility in a situation such as: A pair of Eldar (the other being a friend/family/mentor/etc.) are sheltering themselves from a Chaos assault on their Craftworld, an assault undertaken by an ambitious champion of the Dark Gods. Warp rifts are opening all over, pouring unholy energies into the world around them. Despite their best efforts, the pair is found by an enemy soldier.

The other Eldar and the warrior fight. The warrior is killed, but manages to damage/destroy the other Eldar's Soul Stone before falling. Without the protection offered by his/her Stone, the Eldar is exposed to the raw power of the Warp being unloaded by the rifts, crippling his/her soul and allowing a daemon of Slaanesh to enter his/her mind. A mental battle ensues, the host is overpowered, but puts up enough of a fight to damage both: their own body and the daemon's essence.

With the initial target falling apart and unusable, the weakened daemon turns on the other Eldar, seeking to consume his soul and use him as a replacement vessel. A fierce battle takes place inside his head as he struggles to hold onto both his life and his sanity as the daemon wreaks havoc. With supreme effort of will, he manages to tear the creature from his soul and cast it back into the Warp through sheer force of will (possibly sparked by the dire situation of the other Eldar / or death of the other Eldar / or supplemented by latent psychic potential / open to suggestions).

Scene ends with him being found beside the body of the fallen Eldar in the ruins of wherever they'd been taking shelter, found after the Chaos army has been routed.

--------------------------

Now... for the story, I am using one of my oldest RPG characters. In the recent past, I came up with siblings for him. An older sister. About 11-12 years older. Younger siblings: twins. I never came up with anything for his parents though and was working on that. My thoughts are that the mother would be an Autarch and the father would be a Spiritseer.

In this scenario, what would you think could happen of an Autarch (the mother) experienced such a trial alongside... say her own father, twin sister, or mother? The mother becomes immune to Possession and greater resistance to Chaos Influence. Is there any chance that this could be passed on to the children?

Last edited by Krivvin; 09-24-15 at 04:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-24-15, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Based on further feedback, I see that passing on an Immunity to Possession is not feasible. Though, one person did comment on the Indomitable Will of the Mother that was capable of casting off a Daemon trying to possess her. And then saying that this trait, an Indomitable Will, being passed down to the children could be possible... and then left it up to me to do with what I will based on that idea.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-24-15, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

After seeing responses from others, I realized that the feat of throwing off possession would naturally be an individual feat. That anyone else would need to achieve that of their own accord. I did have a thought though. This is going into pure speculation, not knowing if this is contradicted in any canon materials.

After the mother experiences the event, she has an encounter with the future father of her children (a Spiritseer) who has divined that together - "With the third child of your union, a fourth would join them." (i.e. a divination of a promised "twin" which I know is very special and even treasured for what twin Eldar are capable - Revenant Titans, Phantom Titans, Wraithknights...) I'm not really sure what they would be. Honestly, the twins are from an original idea. I only just found out that twins are special, which is really cool to me.

Now, I didn't know about the ages of time required for Paths. I'm not attached to requiring the mother to be an Autarch at the time of the event. It could have been a precursor, a sign to the others, that she is of special quality that would elevate her towards becoming an Autarch in the future. To my understanding, an Autarch is never lost on the path and that an Autarch is more capable than an Exarch, who is lost on the path.

I did have another crazy idea. With the father being a spiritseer, he has a communion with other seers. They give him advice on having a ceremony/ritual with the would-be mother of promised twins: a ritual that shares the experience, trauma, struggle, event... gives that to the father and kind of emboldens/strengthens his spirit against Chaotic influence. All of this while in the protection of the Crystal Dome of Seers.

In the future, this ritual (after having been accomplished by both) would then be repeated with greater support - the father being able to provide his own will to the ritual while enacting it upon, in this case, the first born child: Krivvin's eldest sister, who often actually is seen as the most promising, most talented, most capable of all of the siblings. Then, it would be to do the same for Krivvin so that by the time the twins are born - a small circle is involved in the ritual for them to be especially cared for during the moment.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-24-15, 08:01 PM

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krivvin View Post

But anyway, I came to one idea that seems plausible, though completely untouched and left lacking in detail by Games Workshop. (As my friend put it, GW doesn't care enough to work on this material because 'GW has a raging hardon for Space Marines and basically nothing else.')
There is nothing inherently unique about the Eldar. They're elves in space with an affinity for magic, a concept that has been in books and movies for ages.

Space Marines on the other hand have no equivalent. They're not seen nor can they be likened to anything in film or literature. So it's obvious why BL focues on Space Marines and why fans demand more of them and always will.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-24-15, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malus Darkblade View Post
There is nothing inherently unique about the Eldar. They're elves in space with an affinity for magic, a concept that has been in books and movies for ages.

Space Marines on the other hand have no equivalent. They're not seen nor can they be likened to anything in film or literature. So it's obvious why BL focues on Space Marines and why fans demand more of them and always will.
:'(

Fair enough.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode