Who is the biggest threat to the imperium? - Page 28 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #271 of 339 (permalink) Old 07-02-08, 12:31 AM

The talks of the potential size of the Tyranids. If they really were that big they'd have expended more energy (and hence biomass) in getting to the galaxy as they will gain in return. Such a Tyranid force would surely simply become morbidly obese and die. I think it would be necessary for such a species to regularly split up and go their merry way in comparatively small numbers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 339 (permalink) Old 07-02-08, 01:52 AM

Tyranids no doubt. They are just kind of never ending and when you do finally manage to catch a breath they adapt their tactics and themselves and just keep coming back. Not to mention when they do take a planet they essentially turn it into a husk of worthless junk so they pretty much play for keeps.
post #273 of 339 (permalink) Old 07-02-08, 02:13 AM

This talk of the Necrons penetrating Mars is BS. Your making it seem like they secretly penetrated the world and oh noes! The imperuim was so helpless zomg!!!1!

As I remember it, you had a Necron ship moving really fast. So fast it's weapons couldn't even fire, and all it could do was fly in. The MINUTE it stopped, it was blown out of the sky. Oh yes. That scares me so much. They can fly around mars all day, but the minute they stop they get blown up?

And even if they took mars, so what? It's 1, count it again, 1 forgeworld. The Imperuim has hundreds of thousands. Would it be a blow? Yes. Would it spell the deathknell for the Technocracy? No. Losing a capital is really not a deathstrike. It effects morale more then anything seriously concrete.

As to "Necrons could invade terra from mars!" arguement, I don't know. Horus failed to take Terra and that was with a huge amount of support from many many planets, AND the imperuim was locked in civil war so Terra could recieve very little aid. He only managed a stalemate, and when the imperuim did recieve aid he was forced to...well...we all know what happened there ;)

The Necrons, being equipped with only A planet full of resources, would find it very difficult to invade terra from mars.

My Vote for most dangerous goes to Orks.

post #274 of 339 (permalink) Old 07-02-08, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Morgan View Post
The talks of the potential size of the Tyranids. If they really were that big they'd have expended more energy (and hence biomass) in getting to the galaxy as they will gain in return. Such a Tyranid force would surely simply become morbidly obese and die. I think it would be necessary for such a species to regularly split up and go their merry way in comparatively small numbers.
You have to realise that in the hive ships the creatures exists in a sort of echo system so nothing runs out of food everything just get recycle. Also when tyranids devourer a planet the fat tyranids are dissolved and used as material to build more..so no fat tyranids.
post #275 of 339 (permalink) Old 07-04-08, 06:50 AM

hi all i'm new to the thread but not the hobby. I agree that tyranids are the biggest threat. however for second place i'd say dark eldar, as no-one but the harlequins know where they are, so know one could really kill them (assuming they don't just kill themselves)
post #276 of 339 (permalink) Old 07-04-08, 07:39 AM

Dark eldar would be hard to kill..true. But just like the Eldar they lack manpower.
post #277 of 339 (permalink) Old 07-04-08, 07:44 AM

im going to say that the chaos and the tau are probably the biggest threat to the imperium
post #278 of 339 (permalink) Old 07-04-08, 07:48 AM

Tau lack man power and warp travel. They were almost completely destroyed by humans as well.
post #279 of 339 (permalink) Old 07-04-08, 07:55 AM

so........
post #280 of 339 (permalink) Old 07-04-08, 07:57 AM

So.... its a discussion. I'm putting my view that they aren't much a threat.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode