Emperor is kind of a hypocrit - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-10-08, 07:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
Descent of Angels is set a couple of centuries before the Council of Nikea (spelling?) so the Dark Angels would have been allowed Librarians then.
Considering the great crusade only lasted two hundred years; Descent could not have been set to long before the Council of Nikea. (A century before at the most.)

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-15-08, 03:15 PM

Kendares's Flag is: USA

how much time past from the banning till the heresy? and i think the Emp should have been nicer to magnus. after all he tried to save his ass then he was punished for breaking a few barriers n seals, causing deamons to come through. its not like that shit doesnt happen in 40k. and if they didnt have to sent wolf boy after him(leman russ) then the assult on terra would have alot more problems then. i think he should have just spanked magnus and told him dont do it again or no more allounce. he is a huge hypocrit. he banned psyker powers when he himself uses them. i wouldnt follow him either!

It's good to be the king- Mel Brooks

what is the opposite of Progress?
...Congress

https://www.heresy-online.net/daemons...4260-14260.htm
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-08, 06:26 AM

surreal-mind's Flag is: Australia

in response to the inquisition and stuff are the worst slaughterors of mankind is because they are based off the spanish inquisition, look it up ^^

Seven, That is all.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 04:28 PM

I agree The Emperor was a major hypocrit , banned Magnus from playing with the warp , what a wolly ! Magnus tried to warn the emperor about Horus but he would not listen and did not trust Magnus ,
In Magnus's words "Somehow i dont think I TOLD U SO covers it" !!!!
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 04:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebadee View Post
I agree The Emperor was a major hypocrit , banned Magnus from playing with the warp , what a wolly !
Thats just it though, the Emperor did not ban him from training psykers or using his own powers; he merely banned sorcery due to its link to religion/superstition and lack of training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebadee View Post
Magnus tried to warn the emperor about Horus but he would not listen and did not trust Magnus ,
It was never a matter of trust between the two; the Emperor had told Magnus not to practice sorcery anymore, and his message came years after this. When Magnus sent his message, he revealed to the Emperor that he had not listened and had still practiced.

Its very devestating for a father to learn his own child has lied to him for years about something important. Throughout the entire Heresy, the Emperor shows his own humanity in his unwillingness to see the light of his sons actions; it was no different with Magnus. (But then again, in the end everything that had happened was a plot of Tzeentch.)

I look back at the original post and can only think, the Emperor was not a hypocrit. He banned the likes of sorcery and untrained psykers; sanctioning the training of psykers and librarians as he recognized them as the next step in humanity. Magnus gathered psykers and practiced with them without training, had them practice powerful spells, and had his legion deal in lies and deceit. (Two of the things the great crusade stood against.)

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-08, 03:29 PM

SonOfHorus's Flag is: USA

The Emporer abandoned his space marines if he wouldn't have gone back to terra to sit out the rest of the crusade none of this would've hapened vut him being the ignorant fool he is decided to leav 1 primarch with more power than the others of course this is gonna piss the others off -_- all siblings are like that they want more then the other has... Anyway the using warp powers thing the emporer is a hypocrit because magnus was beginning to master them he was still kind of premature in the area but he would've possibly eventually gotten to the emporers status in power... I think he was scared of this which I believe is why he banned magnus from using them

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-08, 03:37 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

He didn't 'sit back'. I know with 40K being a wargame, the galaxy its set in seems to be only about fighting.

However, with the rapid expansion of the Empire came strife from inside. Long conquered worlds thought securely in the hands of the Emperor began to rebel, as they saw that the Emperor had abandoned his people.

Ifanything, the crusade went too quickly - the Space Marines ending resistance on entire worlds in matters of hours. There was not enough time for the victory to be consolidated - animosity amongst freshly conquered worlds meant that although the world was won, the hearts and minds were not.

I doubt the Emperor was scared of what Magnus might become - he knew he was powerful enough, but he had asked him not to practise the sorcery. When this law was broken, the person the Emperor had chosen to power the Astronomicon after the Great Crusade was both a law breaker, and proved untrustworthy, not to mention, he left himself wide open for possession. The primarchs were His favoured sons - he would not do anything to either harm them (primarily), or hold in their abilities, unless it would lead to harming them, or the Imperium as a whole.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-08, 04:20 PM
The Hammer of Olympia

BlackApostleVilhelm's Flag is: USA

i see the point in the imperial argument and truly the emperor did love his children dearly. what i have seen people fail to bring up is that magnus was not untrained in these arts, he was indeed very adept at them and so was his legion who he trained himself. others in the imperium i could see getting possessed and the like but not a thousand son or magnus. they were masters and they mastered any spell they came across. this is what i think the council did not see, magnus did have control over his powers and so did his legion.

as for the emperor being a hypocrite, he was not. he may have made some very big mistakes, but he was not a hypocrite.

Here is the beginning of my fluff for my Iron Warriors Eighth Grand Company https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=51842

"A fortress is a living thing: the commander its brain, the walls its bones, the sensors its eyes and ears, the troops its blood, their weapons its fists. This tells us two things: If one organ fails, the whole dies. And if the whole dies, no single organ can survive alone."
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-08, 04:29 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

How was he trained in the arts, if no-one was there to guide him how to use it. He had an natural affinity, a talent if you will. But no proper training.

Magnus was probably the best Psyker to learn how to use his powers efficiently and effectively, but the Emperor could not risk it.

And I'm sorry if all my posts seem to be kicking off on you, but the points you bring up are such good ones that I have to answer them.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-08, 04:36 PM
The Hammer of Olympia

BlackApostleVilhelm's Flag is: USA

its all good debate strengthens the mind vaz as for magnus being trained in the arts you dont need someone to teach you to be able to master it. he found spells, practiced, practiced, practiced and practiced some more, he was most likely the most intelligent human beneath the emperor and with his vast intellect i highly doubt that he was unable to master those powers. he was one of the most loyal primarchs and those in the council of nikea thought that he could easily become corrupt, that was their mistake and that's how magnus turned.

every one of his actions and every victory from his legion proved their ability to master and control thier powers. it states this in the index astartes and Battle for the Abyss. they had the strictes training regimens for their pyschers just so they could master their powers and not fall prey to the warp.

Here is the beginning of my fluff for my Iron Warriors Eighth Grand Company https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=51842

"A fortress is a living thing: the commander its brain, the walls its bones, the sensors its eyes and ears, the troops its blood, their weapons its fists. This tells us two things: If one organ fails, the whole dies. And if the whole dies, no single organ can survive alone."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode