Can 40k ever become popular beyond the tabletop, novels & games? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-15, 11:01 AM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Newman View Post
I still reckon something like Eisenhorn would be a great way to start 40K in movies. Most of it does not need explaining that much (sure the Inquisition factions would be hard but you could gloss over them and pass it off in film as some colleagues backstabbing him for a promotion thing (Like Osma did in Malleus)).

I mean how hard can it be to sell the idea of James Bond in space???

Plus you could even do the prologue chapters but as the trailers to the film instead of dragging out the plot too long.
This, the problem is, is that 40k is it's own world with lots of stuff engrained in its history. So doing a TV series/movie wouldnt work without a core story or something. Eisenhorn works as a stand alone Sci Fi series. Yes its in the 40k universe, but its not a huge part of it if that makes sense, it can stand by itself.

Do that as a proper decent budgeted sci fi series, you have an entry point to then do stuff from that assuming Eisenhorn is a sucess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-06-15, 12:50 PM

Dark TV shows aren't a problem. Walking dead has gore, the 300 movies have gore. Game of Thrones has main characters getting killed off frequently and Twitter explodes because of it every time.

A 40K movie would have to be animated but to Hollywood standards for the correct visual effects. A TV series might work but it would be big budget and at least allow plot points to be explained at the right time over 20+ episodes per season.

Plus it would be fairly difficult to have so many post humans walking about. They would need introducing one or two at a time. A few scenes showing their absolute power over the battlefield and combat before showing a company of them taking out a big target in a hugely satisfying and post apocalyptic way.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-15, 05:44 PM

Mmmh, I think of an adaptation of Rogue Trader, in a Serenity style with the budget of Game of Throne....

Don't shoot me, heretic ! I speak High Gothick and english isn't my first language !

Check out my space marine story if you dare :

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=187466

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-23-15, 03:40 PM
KINKYWULFEN's Flag is: USA

Like you wanna LARP it?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode