Guilliman Alive? 40k End of Times? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-03-15, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Craw-Daddy

Default Guilliman Alive? 40k End of Times?

Just was looking through Facebook, and heard Graham McNeill is going to the US. Also a little a bit about his newer projects. One being a potential End of Times for 40k. Something to do with the failure of the Golden Throne which was something in 6th and 7th edition. Apparently, McNeill has plans with Gillian being a big factor.

Not sure what to think about the 40k End of Times. I feel that after seeing a bit with what happened in Fantasy, I just don't think there's a way Chaos doesn't win. Especially if Khorne pops up and starts slicing and dicing. What a cheater.

Seems like old news though. So forgive me if you go, no shit.

http://www.spikeybitsblog.com/2014/1...hs-return.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-03-15, 05:02 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

if there is a 40K end times its gonna go between Chaos, the Orks and Tyranids. I don't think that its a clear cut case that Chaos would win.
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-03-15, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Craw-Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haskanael View Post
if there is a 40K end times its gonna go between Chaos, the Orks and Tyranids. I don't think that its a clear cut case that Chaos would win.
I kind of disagree. Unless the Necrons have some tricks up their sleeve. There are infinite amount of daemons and power from the Chaos Gods. And The Fantasy End of Times has had the chaos gods literally intervene. Khorne literally used his axe!!!

The End of Times definitely puts a different perspective of the Chaos Gods in my mind. The original thought about Chaos is that they care little for the affairs of mortals. However, I fee like that coming from Chaos Codexes was a way to stir fans into one direction of thinking. Almost a narrative created by the Chaos Gods to basically describe themselves through the codexes. It seems quite evident that they do indeed care A LOT about the mortal realm.

I'm also tired of this autocorrect. All my Khornes are being turned into thrones. Its bullshit.

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-03-15, 05:43 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
I kind of disagree. Unless the Necrons have some tricks up their sleeve. There are infinite amount of daemons and power from the Chaos Gods. And The Fantasy End of Times has had the chaos gods literally intervene. Khorne literally used his axe!!!

The End of Times definitely puts a different perspective of the Chaos Gods in my mind. The original thought about Chaos is that they care little for the affairs of mortals. However, I fee like that coming from Chaos Codexes was a way to stir fans into one direction of thinking. Almost a narrative created by the Chaos Gods to basically describe themselves through the codexes. It seems quite evident that they do indeed care A LOT about the mortal realm.

I'm also tired of this autocorrect. All my Khornes are being turned into thrones. Its bullshit.
you are right about the unlimited supply of Daemons, however for every ork that dies there will be a dozen more. the more orks die the more spores spread across planets. basicly there is a near limitless supply of orks as well.

and there is no indication that there is a limit to the amount of armies and creatures the Tyranids can bring forth from beyond known space.
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-03-15, 06:52 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

There's been a lot of stuff thrown out in recent years regarding the 40k Endtimes. I don't think it'll be a straightforward win for Chaos. The missing primarchs returning could swing it for the Imperium, the Laughing God might just pull off whatever it is he's planning, all the remaining tomb worlds might awaken together, Ghazkull and his new Galactic wide teleporter might raise the biggest Waaagh ever seen, and the Emperor alone knows how many hive fleets are closing in on the galaxy.
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-03-15, 07:08 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Whatever the Nids are running from will appear and fuck shit up.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-03-15, 07:20 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Khorne will cut Tzeentchs head off and laugh "you never saw that coming". Nurgle will discover breath mints and soap and be a hit with the ladies and slaanesh will join the priesthood and the galaxy all lives happy ever after

post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-03-15, 08:12 PM

Matcap's Flag is: Netherlands

hmn on mcNeils own blog he talks about the move to LA to work for a game company and toning down (but not quitting) on his work for the Black Library. So not sure how much we should expect from this.

http://graham-mcneill.com/#!/la-times/
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-03-15, 08:35 PM
Feed

Tyranids and CHaos are the most pressing threats to the galaxy at large right now.

I never once bought intothe possibility that orks could be a contender, and the necrons are no longer on the galactic threat scale either. I don't doubt both these races will play an important role, but they won't be fighting alone like the two big bads will.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-03-15, 09:40 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Whatever the Nids are running from will appear and fuck shit up.
Is there a source that says they're running from something? I was under the impression there was almost no background to their entrance into the 40k galaxy.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode