Thousand Sons, Chaos and the Siege of Terra - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-15, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Xabre's Flag is: USA

Default Thousand Sons, Chaos and the Siege of Terra

Need some help, folks.

I've been trying to create armies that emphasized the Psyker nature of the Thousand Sons, as well as the fact that, from what I've seen of their fluff, they were fairly anti-demon. Magnus, of course, fell to Chaos in order to save his legion, but Ahriman and his Cabal were extremely anti-Chaos; hell, that's why the Rubric was made. This 'loyal' core was eventually banished, and Ahriman put the legion back together in the Exile and Sorcerer novels, so far.

Now, in the Lexicanum site, it mentions that the Sons were part of the Siege... but only those led by Magnus. Were there any 'loyal' Sons? Is Lexicanum out of date (I've been told rather rudely that this is all current because it's part of the Visions of Heresy artwork)?

Or have I finally found a reason to sell my Thousand Sons?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-15, 08:54 PM

Supposedly almost all chapters had some who remained loyal. But in most cases they were either branded as 'tainted' and were outcasts. Or they were subtlety placed within legions of the 2nd and 3rd foundings or some put in to the greyknights or what became deathwatch.
As far as i know for legions though the wordbearers were 100% tainted or culled. Deathguard had very few loyal and they seemed to be boxed away and given new identities. The thousand son loyalists seemed to become trainers and founders of loyal librarians in new chapters as they wernt common at the time.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-15, 09:07 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

The upcomming The Crimson King will reputely cover Magnus deciding to throw in with Horus. I speculate that the Rubric incident might be what had pushed Magnus irrevocably over the edge towards chaos, seeing how his sons had become damned for eternity.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-15, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
The upcomming The Crimson King will reputely cover Magnus deciding to throw in with Horus. I speculate that the Rubric incident might be what had pushed Magnus irrevocably over the edge towards chaos, seeing how his sons had become damned for eternity.
I think that daddy emperor contunually telling him to stop doing magic, even though he was using it to try to warn daddy that son of his sons were going a bit nutty. Having the wolf police set on his chapter probably didnt help as well.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-15, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayegelt View Post
I think that daddy emperor contunually telling him to stop doing magic, even though he was using it to try to warn daddy that son of his sons were going a bit nutty. Having the wolf police set on his chapter probably didnt help as well.
Well there was the whole bit about Horus changing Russ' orders to deal with Magnus, instead of dragging him back to Terra.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-15, 12:46 AM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabre View Post
Now, in the Lexicanum site, it mentions that the Sons were part of the Siege... but only those led by Magnus. Were there any 'loyal' Sons? Is Lexicanum out of date (I've been told rather rudely that this is all current because it's part of the Visions of Heresy artwork)?
It's a big leap to break the factions into Those Following Magnus (against the Emperor) and those Loyal To the Emperor. I'm sure there were Thousand Sons that checked out and waited for the dust to settle or otherwised pursued their own agendas.

There were some Loyalists, I think. The Thousand Sons from The Battle for the Abyss comes to mind...and wasn't there one left on Prospero found by The Khan?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-15, 01:27 AM

Reuvel Arvida was the remaining thousand son survivor from the fleet returning to prospero after the batle and only finding death at the hands of the world eaters.

He have since then acompagnied the White Scars after he helped them escape Prospero, after the khan had a chat with the Vestige of Magnus.

Its speculated that Reuvel is the progenitor of the blood ravens, given his name similarity with Azariah Vidya.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-15, 02:36 AM

Scrad's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
Reuvel Arvida was the remaining thousand son survivor from the fleet returning to prospero after the batle and only finding death at the hands of the world eaters.

He have since then acompagnied the White Scars after he helped them escape Prospero, after the khan had a chat with the Vestige of Magnus.
I was going to say I wonder why the rest of the fleet-bound TS's didn't come down to help Reuvel and co., but I guess the WE's probably outnumbered them in space. Presumably the fleet then gets a call from Magnus to meetup - so those guys aren't loyalists (but could have been).

Last edited by Scrad; 05-29-15 at 01:27 AM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-15, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrad View Post
I was going to stay I wonder why the rest of the fleet-bound TS's didn't come down to help Reuvel and co., but I guess the WE's probably outnumbered them in space. Presumably the fleet then gets a call from Magnus to meetup - so those guys aren't loyalists (but could have been).
Well Captain Kalliston and his men went all down to investigate Prospero and went afoul of the World Eaters contigent and was overpowered. Only Reuvel survived, after Kalliston died at Kharn's hands.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-15, 05:40 PM

Brother Emund's Flag is: United Kingdom

Didn't Malcador tell Garro to go out and find Gifted marines like himself... from both sides, when The Grey Knights were being formed?
Seems to suggest that some TS's might have been approached?

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode