Guest Authors we'd like to see writing 40K or HH novels - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-28-15, 06:09 PM

+1 For G.R.R. Martin.

Walter Jon Williams. (Hardwired, Plasma and Voice of the Wirldwind.) is able to make fucking epic stories when he put his mind to it.

Glen Coook (The Black Company) can be Grim Dark Enough, even if he doesn't do well into the description...

Alastair Reynolds (The inhibitor Trilogy.), by the end of the trilogy, it's almost a Warhammer 40K world...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-15, 04:54 PM

Would love to see someone like Jim Butcher do an Inquisition type novel. I love his writing, especially The Dresden Files, though he'd obviously need to tone down his usual bits of humour to work with a 40k story. But alas, it will never happen.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-15, 05:33 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Hey, if we're wish listing I'd want to see a warhammer book by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

"So we beat on, battle barges against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the warp."

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-15, 12:02 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Screw that, give me a Clive Barker chaos novel - Let him tackle the Emperors Children, post-Heresy and let's see what his brilliant and deprived mind can come up with, in terms of chaos, sex and twisted feelings.

For those who doesn't know Clive Barker he is the guy who wrote Hellraiser, Candyman and other horror novels. He is by far my favorite horror writer.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-15, 12:13 PM

If R.Scott Bakker writes warhammer novels, especially heresy series...I am certain the end result would be sweet. In fact, his Second Apocalypse series is, though unique and monumental its own right, extremely gritty, grimdark and depraved and quite reminiscent warhammer in many ways.

I just pray he manages to yoke his irresistible, almost pathological urge of describing degraded, depraved and depreciating sex scenes over and over again at least while writing not-of-his-world. I don't want to see blasting black serum again.

Also, I consider K.J Parker and Joe Abercrombie would be another great choice.

Last edited by Arcadian; 06-10-15 at 02:57 PM.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-15, 10:12 PM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

J.K. Rowling could do a series of books about child psykers being trained in a school. Quite a dark novel with the ever present risk of perils when unlocking a door or creating a light, and the prospect of the hollow mountain for students without good enough grades in their OWLs and NEWTs

www.communitycomp.org/

^ Balanced 40k!
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

zerachiel76's Flag is: United Kingdom

Some awesome suggestions. I wish BL would ask some of the living suggestions to write short stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"No, I don't care if it's 'fun', you are not attempting to shove your USB stick in my Scart socket....."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
"It won't fit" "That's what they always say first time"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode