Info from Horus Heresy: Book 4 Conquest: Loyalist traitors and traitor loyalists - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-26-14, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
sadLor's Flag is: Canada

Default Info from Horus Heresy: Book 4 Conquest: Loyalist traitors and traitor loyalists

I know this is a topic that gets discussed to death but Conquest just came out recently and somebody posted a few pages from Conquest in another forum... some interesting stuff. Please note there aren't many details. It is literally 2 pages from the book.

There were warbands from the loyalist legions that turned traitor and vice versa.

Now it isn't written as fact but as a report in universe so I won't say it's 100%. Also, it obviously depends if you take Forgeworld's HH books as canon or not.

Examples from the book:
  • Band of loyalist Night Lords attacking traitor forces at Estaban III
  • Reports of Astartes in the resurrected livery of the Dusk Raiders(Death Guard pre-Mortarian) fighting Iron Warriors at Kibron and Malinche's Fall
  • Great Company of Space Wolves bearing the symbol of the Serpent's Eye slaughtering millions at Neo Cadiz
  • Company of Astartes bearing hybrid arms and panoply of Iron Hands and Sons of Horus at Seige of Mezoa
  • Class of warriors known as 'Blackshields' during the HH...Astartes that covered up the livery of their parent Legion in black
  • Other loyalists from traitor legions wore their old colours proudly... The 34th Millennial of the Emperor's Children (the Death Eagles). They clashed with their traitor kin at Lethe and Revorthe Keep in the Coronid Deeps. Ultimate fate unknown

That's it. I thought they were interesting nuggets of information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-26-14, 02:02 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Boosh, there's all the justification I need for my Loyal Emperor's Children

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-26-14, 02:13 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

There was also Kyr Valens Iron Warriors from book 3, and the Traitor White Scars from Scars.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-26-14, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
sadLor's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
There was also Kyr Valens Iron Warriors from book 3, and the Traitor White Scars from Scars.
There have been quite a few but they always seemed to be outcast individuals, with the exception of the White Scars. For example, the IW from Angel Exterminatus, all the Grey Knights, and a few others I can't remember the names (or the stories). I thought it was interesting there were actual groups/warbands/chapters (whatever you want to call it) that turned from their primarch.

And this is the first time I have heard of traitor Space Wolves and Iron Hands.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-26-14, 11:44 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

The bit with the great company of the space wolves might be more on part of the Alpha Legion, or so I'm thinking. They've already donned the Wolves livery before. Why not again, to cast doubt upon their loyalty? I seriously cannot imagine a whole great company turning from Russ and the Emperor.

Doesn't mean it couldn't happen though, I just find it highly unlikely

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-27-14, 01:29 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadLor View Post
the IW from Angel Exterminatus.
Huh?
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-27-14, 01:49 PM
Cruel Commissar

Beaviz81's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadLor View Post
And this is the first time I have heard of traitor Space Wolves and Iron Hands.
Read it yourself before trusting that guy about anything.

My story about the commissars Zachary Carrus and Michelle Ionza and their life and crimes https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=123690
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-27-14, 03:20 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Get in the bin, Beaviz. I have no idea where you got that I'm untrustworthy, or that what I say is full of lies. I think you're a fucking bellend, (which is true), but I'm upfront about it. If that's enough to be considered untrustworthy, well, I guess I'm the most untrustworthy bastard that ever lived.

Also, you're looking like a right prat (more than usual) when you actually read the OP.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Last edited by Vaz; 12-27-14 at 03:23 PM.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-27-14, 05:21 PM
Cruel Commissar

Beaviz81's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Get in the bin, Beaviz. I have no idea where you got that I'm untrustworthy, or that what I say is full of lies. I think you're a fucking bellend, (which is true), but I'm upfront about it. If that's enough to be considered untrustworthy, well, I guess I'm the most untrustworthy bastard that ever lived.

Also, you're looking like a right prat (more than usual) when you actually read the OP.
You tell people how to think and feel, and that fact alone means you are totally untrustworthy. Plus you seem to evict facts that doesn't suit you. Another thing is the fact that you come from the opposite end of me when it comes to understand written stuff. I mean a mugging can go down and you are likely to report a stabbing just for good measure, even if it doesn't happen.

All I did now was sowing doubts about you as source, nothing else.

My story about the commissars Zachary Carrus and Michelle Ionza and their life and crimes https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=123690
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-27-14, 06:30 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Enough. This isn't the place for the two of you to jab at each other. Get back on topic.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode