Solid info on Loyalist chapters derived from Traitor stock - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-19-14, 08:38 PM

zerachiel76's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauderlegion View Post
Also; apparently the Space Sharks *are not* imperial Night Lords, but they just fight like they are.
Based on the info in Extermination the Carcharodon Astra/Space Sharks are most likely the Raven Guard that were sent on an eternal voyage in Nomad Predation fleets by Corax when he took over. He didn't like the existing high command of the XIX legion as he felt they were too similar to the slavers he had fought on Deliverance.

I believe that one of the CA's fleet is actually listed in the heresy era Raven Guard fleet (sorry I can't remember the name offhand).

More evidence to support this is that the CA's commander displays the white skin and black eyes which are classic Raven Guard gene seed indicators.

What's interesting is that since they were "ejected" from the Raven Guard prior to the gene seed tampering, technically they would have the most pure Raven Guard gene seed in the galaxy since all the Raven Guard successors would potentially have the corrupted gene seed although why the Raptors seem to have no problems with their gene seed is open to debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"No, I don't care if it's 'fun', you are not attempting to shove your USB stick in my Scart socket....."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
"It won't fit" "That's what they always say first time"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-19-14, 09:03 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerachiel76 View Post
What's interesting is that since they were "ejected" from the Raven Guard prior to the gene seed tampering, technically they would have the most pure Raven Guard gene seed in the galaxy since all the Raven Guard successors would potentially have the corrupted gene seed although why the Raptors seem to have no problems with their gene seed is open to debate.
The first group of aspirants created using the gene technology Corax had acquired on his trip to Terra were called the Raptors. I think this first group numbered 500 IIRC. This is before the Alpha Legion infiltrators tampered with everything. Its safe to assume most of them survived to become the Raptors chapter during the second founding. Taking this into account would explain why the Raptors have few problems with their gene seed.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.

Last edited by DeathJester921; 11-19-14 at 09:06 PM.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-19-14, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, sorry, had a brain fart there. for some reason I was thinking that the "knights errant" were a marine chapter.

Never mind.

But does it make sense for the same group to found both organizations? I know the GK and the -I- work pretty closely obviously.

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-22-14, 11:35 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
But does it make sense for the same group to found both organizations? I know the GK and the -I- work pretty closely obviously.
The first inquisitors and first knights errant/GKs were all presented to the emperor by Malcador at the same time. Personally I think Garro could end up as a proto Inquisitor rather than a GK, just from looking at the role he is fulfilling at the moment.

As for the Raven Guard, it's also interesting to note that the DE have tampered with their gene seed as well as the mess caused by the AL.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-22-14, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
The first inquisitors and first knights errant/GKs were all presented to the emperor by Malcador at the same time. Personally I think Garro could end up as a proto Inquisitor rather than a GK, just from looking at the role he is fulfilling at the moment.

As for the Raven Guard, it's also interesting to note that the DE have tampered with their gene seed as well as the mess caused by the AL.
The Dark Eldar tampered with the Raven Guard's geneseed? And the Alpha Legion as well?
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-22-14, 02:54 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
The Dark Eldar tampered with the Raven Guard's geneseed?
There's mention in a White Dwarf of a heamonculus coven taking exception to the RG interfering with them on particular planet in M36, and they reeked a genetic revenge that took 101 years to manifest. No mention of how it actually manifested though.

Quote:
And the Alpha Legion as well?
It's all in Deliverance Lost.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-22-14, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
There's mention in a White Dwarf of a heamonculus coven taking exception to the RG interfering with them on particular planet in M36, and they reeked a genetic revenge that took 101 years to manifest. No mention of how it actually manifested though.

It's all in Deliverance Lost.
Ah! have not read that one yet
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-22-14, 07:55 PM
Deathwing Commissar

Phoebus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerachiel76 View Post
I believe that one of the CA's fleet is actually listed in the heresy era Raven Guard fleet (sorry I can't remember the name offhand).
You're thinking of the Nicor, which also served as the flagship for the Carcharodons during the Badab War.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-22-14, 08:07 PM
Deathwing Commissar

Phoebus's Flag is: USA

Two other things:

1. The Blood Ravens-Thousand Sons connection didn't become solid until the Horus Heresy novel A Thousand Sons. I understand Black Library has tried to distance itself from that angle since, but it was a rather blatant one.

2. And speaking of blatant angles/connections, I sincerely hope the decision is never made to disconnect the Knights Errant from the Grey Knights. I can't see how that would be accomplished without it being a contrived move, purely to throw in an unnecessary "Gotcha!" twist.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-22-14, 08:44 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebus View Post
Two other things:1. The Blood Ravens-Thousand Sons connection didn't become solid until the Horus Heresy novel A Thousand Sons. I understand Black Library has tried to distance itself from that angle since, but it was a rather blatant one.
Really? I picked up a few hints since A Thousand Sons. Thief of Revelations (IIRC) for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode