Would you like to see guilliman return to 40k? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

View Poll Results: Should Guilliman return to 40k?
YES! 51 64.56%
HELL NO! 28 35.44%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 12:17 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by theurge33 View Post
How do you think the meeting with Calgar and Guilliman would go? I don't know enough about Calgar to guess.
I would personaly hope that it would end in punches XD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
What confuses me is how would he suddenly start a new Great Crusade?
That's an easy one to answer. Humanity may be the red headed step child of the 41st mil. but the return of a primarch would unite humanity in a way nothing else (short of the Emperor waking up) could. That's just for starters.

Any primarch coming back could unite humanity, but pappa smurf was the managerial primarch. If anyone could turn the whole mess around it would be him.

Not trying to be RL political, but take the election of the first black president. Well la dee da - he has a darker skin pigmentation - woo hoo (I guess). In 40k terms however genetics does matter. He is the son of the God Emperor who was able to force back the combined power of 4 Chaos gods that inhabbited Horus. There is not much of an equivelant to a primarch with the other races fighting for control over the galaxy. Even the traitor primarch do not compare to a loyalist primarch because they are now all daemons and suffer from the restrictions daemons have.

As far as pappa smurf coming back? Well, if Fulgrim can take a steel dart through the eye socket and consider it a "flesh wound" I don't see why rowboat can't have his head severed and come back.
post #23 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 05:00 PM

Yes, if only so we could see Abaddon's reaction when he finds out that a Primarch stands with the Imperium once more. :D

post #24 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooey72 View Post
That's an easy one to answer. Humanity may be the red headed step child of the 41st mil. but the return of a primarch would unite humanity in a way nothing else (short of the Emperor waking up) could. That's just for starters.

Any primarch coming back could unite humanity, but pappa smurf was the managerial primarch. If anyone could turn the whole mess around it would be him.

Not trying to be RL political, but take the election of the first black president. Well la dee da - he has a darker skin pigmentation - woo hoo (I guess). In 40k terms however genetics does matter. He is the son of the God Emperor who was able to force back the combined power of 4 Chaos gods that inhabbited Horus. There is not much of an equivelant to a primarch with the other races fighting for control over the galaxy. Even the traitor primarch do not compare to a loyalist primarch because they are now all daemons and suffer from the restrictions daemons have.

As far as pappa smurf coming back? Well, if Fulgrim can take a steel dart through the eye socket and consider it a "flesh wound" I don't see why rowboat can't have his head severed and come back.
And you honestly think that people are going to bow to gullimans authority?
When it comes to authority humans rank lower on the scale than orks.
post #25 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 06:00 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooey72 View Post

I think you are severely underestimating the paranoia and power the High Lords hold, along with the Inquisition and others.

I'm still firmly of the belief that a Primarchs return would end in another civil war, unless he was to fully submit to the High Lords and then likely be sent off to be tied up or become a martyr at the head of an impossibly aggressive crusade.
post #26 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Garviel loken.'s Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
I think you are severely underestimating the paranoia and power the High Lords hold, along with the Inquisition and others.

I'm still firmly of the belief that a Primarchs return would end in another civil war, unless he was to fully submit to the High Lords and then likely be sent off to be tied up or become a martyr at the head of an impossibly aggressive crusade.
Rob could easily get 3/4 of the astartes to rally under him. I think the high lords would have to submit to him in the end.

Today, I march for Calth
post #27 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post

Would a second civil war be a bad thing? As it stands the imperium would benefit from a purging of it's ranks.
post #28 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Would a second civil war be a bad thing? As it stands the imperium would benefit from a purging of it's ranks.
And while the imperium is purging their ranks nids are raiding their fridge, chaos is defiling their bedroom with the most nasty dirty depraved sex in the history of the universe, dark eldar turn their basement into a S&M club, tau declared their pool theirs, the eldar have set up a drum circle in the living room, necrons have parked their monoliths on the front lawn, and orks are trashing the dining room with the largest kegger in history. So by the time they finish putting their house in order they only control the bathroom and entrance hall.

Last edited by locustgate; 09-25-14 at 09:08 PM.
post #29 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 09:07 PM

LordNecross's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
And while the imperium is purging their ranks nids are raiding their fridge, chaos is defiling their bedroom with the most nasty dirty depraved sex in the history of the universe, dark eldar takes over their basement for a S&M club, tau declared their pool theirs, the eldar has put up a drum circle in the living room, necrons have parked their monoliths on the front lawn, and orks are trashing the dining room with the largest kegger in history. So by the time they finish putting their house in order they only control the bathroom and entrance hall.
Hey hey hey, the Imperium's lawn is in terrible shape, and they don't even use water wise plants.

A few Obelisks here and there would be an improvement I dare say!

post #30 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 09:10 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
And while the imperium is purging their ranks nids are raiding their fridge, chaos is defiling their bedroom with the most nasty dirty depraved sex in the history of the universe, dark eldar turn their basement into a S&M club, tau declared their pool theirs, the eldar have set up a drum circle in the living room, necrons have parked their monoliths on the front lawn, and orks are trashing the dining room with the largest kegger in history. So by the time they finish putting their house in order they only control the bathroom and entrance hall.
you made me laugh so badly you made my week.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode