Would you like to see guilliman return to 40k? - Page 23 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

View Poll Results: Should Guilliman return to 40k?
YES! 51 64.56%
HELL NO! 28 35.44%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #221 of 243 (permalink) Old 11-02-14, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauderlegion View Post
Uh uh

This man is THE master of tactics and logistics, at least according to his fanbase. I think a primarch should be able to do better; two birds with one stone, if you will.

No no.

Beat the High Lords of Terra *with* Mareus Calgar.

There; that's part of his profile now:

Robute Gulliman

ect, ect

Wargear; the beaten, battered, but still-conscious form of Mareus Calgar.

How would you stat a Chapter Master in termie armour with TL power fists, being used as an improvised club?

"I beat my kids, with my other kid"
-Robute Gulliman, Terra M42
His next course of action would then be to find Captain Titus and promote him to Calgars old job, while telling all his sons that this is how an ultramarine is supposed to act.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 243 (permalink) Old 11-02-14, 03:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Honestly I can never get why people think Guilliman would fly into a rage if he saw that the Ultramarines strictly adhere to the codex. After all, it wasn't widely known that he intended for the codex to be a guideline (he had to tell Ventanus that in person when the former couldn't get why strictly following the codex led to failure.)

Thousands of years of misinterpretation, on top of all the other changes since his time, doesn't seem that far fetched really.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #223 of 243 (permalink) Old 11-02-14, 03:41 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Just makes me chuckle is all.

"You did what with my Legion...?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

post #224 of 243 (permalink) Old 11-03-14, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
Honestly I can never get why people think Guilliman would fly into a rage if he saw that the Ultramarines strictly adhere to the codex. After all, it wasn't widely known that he intended for the codex to be a guideline (he had to tell Ventanus that in person when the former couldn't get why strictly following the codex led to failure.)

Thousands of years of misinterpretation, on top of all the other changes since his time, doesn't seem that far fetched really.
The ultramarines had 10 000 years to fall. Right now even free thinking is prohibited in that chapter.

While Guilliman was a master of logistics he also had the ability to improvise.

Aside from Ventris, Telion, Titus, and Sicarious maybe, none of the ultramarines are capable of independent thinking.
post #225 of 243 (permalink) Old 11-03-14, 09:00 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hyperbolic Graham McNeil is fucking ridiculous, as are his plots, and Rihanna 'only girl/marine i the world/galaxy' style of writing.

Feel free to ignore his writing as incredibly poor fanfic/slash fiction that he types by slapping his dick on the keyboard in semi random fashion. The codices themselves IIRC completely ignores the very presence of ventris, and make no mention of their hidebound limited point of view that mcneil writes about.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #226 of 243 (permalink) Old 11-03-14, 09:21 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Aggeman manages to suprise Sicarius with an unconventional approach in the shortie Two Kinds of a Fool.
post #227 of 243 (permalink) Old 11-03-14, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Aside from Ventris, Telion, Titus, and Sicarious maybe, none of the ultramarines are capable of independent thinking.
I wouldn't say they are incapable of independent thinking, in the way you are using, it's more they are seriously punished if they think of there is an outside of the box.

Last edited by locustgate; 11-03-14 at 09:41 PM.
post #228 of 243 (permalink) Old 11-03-14, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Hyperbolic Graham McNeil is fucking ridiculous, as are his plots, and Rihanna 'only girl/marine i the world/galaxy' style of writing.

Feel free to ignore his writing as incredibly poor fanfic/slash fiction that he types by slapping his dick on the keyboard in semi random fashion. The codices themselves IIRC completely ignores the very presence of ventris, and make no mention of their hidebound limited point of view that mcneil writes about.
He's mentioned in the tyranid codex. Third nid war timeline Pg 32 Defense of tarsis ultra sub heading.
post #229 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-18-15, 03:23 AM
Lux

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
He was put in stasis 'at the moment of death', Ultramarine books.
Old source, newer source states he was entered upon the verge of death. You have two conflicting sources, I choose to align with the new source as the most canon source. Guilliman was entered as he was dying, and thus can be healed by the Iron heart as he is still alive. Ultimately we have multiple instances of primarchs on the "verge of death" or in the "moment of death", and yet they survive or recover through other unforeseen means.

Believing even for a second in fan theories that Guilliman died is based purely upon a lack of facts, canon material, and personal disdain for the Ultramarines. The far more logical choice would be to accept that the Ultramarines primarch is alive, and to build upon that logical route instead.

The giant in baroque armor is most statistically likely to be Konrad Curze, which I believe serves as an excellent means for him to be reintroduced to the 40k verse.

Last edited by Lux; 09-18-15 at 03:31 AM.
post #230 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-18-15, 03:50 AM
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Keen on advancement, well in the story at least think the game might even do a fantasy if the altered it then GW might dump it down like age of sigmar.

If guilliman wakes that certainly would bring large change to the current set up of the 40k universe. Primarily im thinking a continuation of the second imperium around the 5000 worlds and macragge. Then any concerns for building of an army I really don't think there would be any concerns with recalling all of the ultramarines successors then even building with the current population of the 5000 worlds, that and a little organisation and boom legion reconquer the universe murder tyranid, punch abaddon in the face till he stops being resurected, stop all the bullshit the high lords and exclesiarchy are up to and win!

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode