Would you like to see guilliman return to 40k? - Page 22 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

View Poll Results: Should Guilliman return to 40k?
YES! 51 64.56%
HELL NO! 28 35.44%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #211 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-30-14, 11:35 PM
Senior Member
 
locustgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Planet 404
Posts: 2,353
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
So I just got here, and this is crazy,

But the primarchs seemed pretty useless in the absence of their Emperor.

So just make new ones... maybe?

At this point I would imagine there are far more qualified people in the woodwork, just waiting for a chance to actually lead and/or make a difference. Unless Guilliman is a flat out astronomical genius, then honestly he seems irrelevant. He'd have 10,000 years of catching up to do, and his Ultramarines would be but one chapter, give or take those offshoots that are intensely loyal. The bureaucracy he helped put into place would no doubt buck his every initiative, and if pressed, could cause another civil war.
Welcome.

FOR THE LOVE OF THE OMNISSIAH RUN THEY WILL TURN Y

Everything. is. fine. have. a. good. day. Praise. be. the. Omnissiah.

Like Loken said Guiliman is a genius, I would give him a day before he is caught up. Though the biggest hindrance is the bureaucracy, which by the time his order for every document pertaining to the current situation would be received, he would be in the High Lords' conference room beating the shit out of them.
locustgate is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #212 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-31-14, 12:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,685
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
Welcome.

FOR THE LOVE OF THE OMNISSIAH RUN THEY WILL TURN Y

Everything. is. fine. have. a. good. day. Praise. be. the. Omnissiah.

Like Loken said Guiliman is a genius, I would give him a day before he is caught up. Though the biggest hindrance is the bureaucracy, which by the time his order for every document pertaining to the current situation would be received, he would be in the High Lords' conference room beating the shit out of them.
Would that be before or after he finishes beating calagar senseless for doing the exact thing he didn't want.
Reaper45 is offline  
post #213 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-31-14, 12:46 AM
Senior Member
 
locustgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Planet 404
Posts: 2,353
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Would that be before or after he finishes beating calagar senseless for doing the exact thing he didn't want.
After. This is the imperial bureaucracy, by the time you get your birth certificate your grandson has died of old age.

Last edited by locustgate; 10-31-14 at 01:03 AM.
locustgate is offline  
 
post #214 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-31-14, 07:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Doom wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 112
Reputation: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Would that be before or after he finishes beating calagar senseless for doing the exact thing he didn't want.


I would say I would do both at the same times, because primarchs are just that awesome !
Doom wolf is offline  
post #215 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-31-14, 10:30 AM
Senior Member
 
locustgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Planet 404
Posts: 2,353
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom wolf View Post


I would say I would do both at the same times, because primarchs are just that awesome !
They still have to follow the law about not being in 2 places at once.
locustgate is offline  
post #216 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-31-14, 02:49 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
 
Tawa's Avatar
Tawa's Flag is: Scotland
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cheshire, UK
Posts: 8,723
Reputation: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
After. This is the imperial bureaucracy, by the time you get your birth certificate your grandson has died of old age.
Just like Britain then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom wolf View Post
I would say I would do both at the same times, because primarchs are just that awesome !
Calgar would be dangling from one hand, blubbing like a baby, and receiving a punch every now and again whilst being to told to "suck it up buttercup!". The other hand, Girlyman would be using to bitch-slap any of the High Lords within reach or throw them at others who are not.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Tawa is offline  
post #217 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-31-14, 02:54 PM
Thordis
 
Haskanael's Avatar
Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,438
Reputation: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Calgar would be dangling from one hand, blubbing like a baby, and receiving a punch every now and again whilst being to told to "suck it up buttercup!". The other hand, Girlyman would be using to bitch-slap any of the High Lords within reach or throw them at others who are not.
thank you, for making my day.

as a visual thinker I cannot begin to explain how hilarious it looks to me.
Haskanael is offline  
post #218 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-31-14, 02:57 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
 
Tawa's Avatar
Tawa's Flag is: Scotland
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cheshire, UK
Posts: 8,723
Reputation: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haskanael View Post
thank you, for making my day.

as a visual thinker I cannot begin to explain how hilarious it looks to me.
Welcome.

It appears "visual thinker" is the best way to describe myself also


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Tawa is offline  
post #219 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-31-14, 03:27 PM
Thordis
 
Haskanael's Avatar
Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,438
Reputation: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Welcome.

It appears "visual thinker" is the best way to describe myself also
only one thing to add,
Guilleman is holding Calgar (who is wearing terminator armour) by his leg.
Haskanael is offline  
post #220 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-31-14, 08:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 79
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post

Calgar would be dangling from one hand, blubbing like a baby, and receiving a punch every now and again whilst being to told to "suck it up buttercup!". The other hand, Girlyman would be using to bitch-slap any of the High Lords within reach or throw them at others who are not.
Uh uh

This man is THE master of tactics and logistics, at least according to his fanbase. I think a primarch should be able to do better; two birds with one stone, if you will.

No no.

Beat the High Lords of Terra *with* Mareus Calgar.

There; that's part of his profile now:

Robute Gulliman

ect, ect

Wargear; the beaten, battered, but still-conscious form of Mareus Calgar.

How would you stat a Chapter Master in termie armour with TL power fists, being used as an improvised club?


"I beat my kids, with my other kid"
-Robute Gulliman, Terra M42
Marauderlegion is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome