Would you like to see guilliman return to 40k? - Page 21 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

View Poll Results: Should Guilliman return to 40k?
YES! 51 64.56%
HELL NO! 28 35.44%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #201 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-22-14, 01:30 AM
Cruel Commissar

Beaviz81's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
Not really, no. Dorn was one of several primarchs who needed to assuage their ego and pride after the Heresy (alongside Russ and even the Khan.)

Guilliman on the other hand was always noted for being more rational in the face of great tragedy. And hell, if the Unremembered Empire was anything to go by then he was definitely able to fathom the Emperor being defeated.
I actually misread the quote, thought he meant how Empy died.

Look I always have found Guilliman to be overrated, but you have a point. Guilliman has always been the savior of the IOM after the HH. And you are using Abnett's writing as an example? Abnett writes POV, you are aware of that?

My story about the commissars Zachary Carrus and Michelle Ionza and their life and crimes https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=123690
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-22-14, 01:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaviz81 View Post
And you are using Abnett's writing as an example? Abnett writes POV, you are aware of that?
Depends on the story he writes yes. And Abnett or not, the Unremembered Empire goes at length to show that Guilliman was prepared to accept that the Emperor might fall and the Imperium would still need to be held together, which is exactly what happened post Heresy and Scouring.

Like or dislike of Abnett doesn't play into it, thats how Guilliman was always portrayed.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

Last edited by darkreever; 10-22-14 at 01:37 AM.
post #203 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-22-14, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

Garviel loken.'s Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
Not really, no. Dorn was one of several primarchs who needed to assuage their ego and pride after the Heresy (alongside Russ and even the Khan.)

Guilliman on the other hand was always noted for being more rational in the face of great tragedy. And hell, if the Unremembered Empire was anything to go by then he was definitely able to fathom the Emperor being defeated.
I actually misread the quote, thought he meant how Empy died.

Look I always have found Guilliman to be overrated, but you have a point. Guilliman has always been the savior of the IOM after the HH. And you are using Abnett's writing as an example? Abnett writes POV, you are aware of that?
We get it you hate the ultramarines. Guilliman has never once been written to be overrated in the heresy series thus far

post #204 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-30-14, 12:18 AM
Cruel Commissar

Beaviz81's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garviel loken. View Post
We get it you hate the ultramarines. Guilliman has never once been written to be overrated in the heresy series thus far
I have never held hatred, just no love lost for the Ultras. Seriously. I loathe the fanbois of the Ultras, Abnett did a fine POV-job with them. I just don't like people stuffing down their interpretation into my throat and telling me, that's fluff. Then I really tend to go in the opposite direction. Which is my major gripe with many Ultramarine-fans.

I can't stand people that tell me how to think and feel, its a natural thing to show them the middle-finger. Especially when they have showed me no respect in the first place. I'm a mirrorer.

My story about the commissars Zachary Carrus and Michelle Ionza and their life and crimes https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=123690

Last edited by Beaviz81; 10-30-14 at 12:58 AM.
post #205 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-30-14, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garviel loken. View Post
I have never held hatred, just no love lost for the Ultras. Seriously. I loathe the fanbois of the Ultras, Abnett did a fine POV-job with them. I just don't like people stuffing down their interpretation into my throat and telling me, that's fluff. Then I really tend to go in the opposite direction. Which is my major gripe with many Ultramarine-fans.

I can't stand people that tell me how to think and feel, its a natural thing to show them the middle-finger. Especially when they have showed me no respect in the first place. I'm a mirrorer.
I honestly had no intent of disrespect, so I apologize for that. Ultramarines are my legion, so I will defend them till the end. I didn't mean to shove my beliefs down your throat so I also apologize for that
post #206 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-30-14, 09:51 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

You are taking your aggreivance with the 'fanbois' (the fuck are you, 12?) With those having a rational discussion using facts as presented to us in a fantasy world, not to mention the facts as is. Very blinkered.

And honestly mate, being a 'mirrorer' just turns you into a right little knob. You have to earn or take your respect. You have done neither. Go take out your prepubescent frustations on a titty rag and let adults talk. Essentially, you are borderline trolling.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #207 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-30-14, 02:49 PM

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

He can barely speak the language. Don't take him seriously.
post #208 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-30-14, 03:20 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

Rowboat Girlypants in 40k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #209 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-30-14, 08:07 PM

Warhawk's Flag is: USA

So I just got here, and this is crazy,

But the primarchs seemed pretty useless in the absence of their Emperor.

So just make new ones... maybe?

At this point I would imagine there are far more qualified people in the woodwork, just waiting for a chance to actually lead and/or make a difference. Unless Guilliman is a flat out astronomical genius, then honestly he seems irrelevant. He'd have 10,000 years of catching up to do, and his Ultramarines would be but one chapter, give or take those offshoots that are intensely loyal. The bureaucracy he helped put into place would no doubt buck his every initiative, and if pressed, could cause another civil war.

"There are old heretics and bold heretics, but there are no old, bold heretics. How do I know? Because I make sure of it myself."

Wing Commander Silo Barstad, Imperial Navy 3355th Fighter Wing
post #210 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-30-14, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
So I just got here, and this is crazy,

But the primarchs seemed pretty useless in the absence of their Emperor.

So just make new ones... maybe?

At this point I would imagine there are far more qualified people in the woodwork, just waiting for a chance to actually lead and/or make a difference. Unless Guilliman is a flat out astronomical genius, then honestly he seems irrelevant. He'd have 10,000 years of catching up to do, and his Ultramarines would be but one chapter, give or take those offshoots that are intensely loyal. The bureaucracy he helped put into place would no doubt buck his every initiative, and if pressed, could cause another civil war.
welcome to the fray. Guilliman is in all senses of the word, an astronomical genius. His mind is that of 100 supercomputers. I think he would catch up very quickly, and honestly, theres not alot to catch up on. He would have to re write some combat doctrines on some new foes, and slap the high lords around a bit, but tech wise theres nothing new.

Today, I march for Calth

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode