Would you like to see guilliman return to 40k? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

View Poll Results: Should Guilliman return to 40k?
YES! 51 64.56%
HELL NO! 28 35.44%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Garviel loken.'s Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
I'd like to see a Primarch return. If it's Rowboat, then fair enough as he's the master logistician etc.

Plus, I'd give a kidney to see him beat his way into the High Lords chamber. "What the actual fuck are you bunch of muppets playing at!?"
i think it would be great to see what roboute thinks of the ultramarines!

Today, I march for Calth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garviel loken. View Post
I think the opinion would be the most epic face palm in history.

Everything the ultramarines are now is the exact opposite of what gulliman wanted them to be, in fact there's only one ultramarine who would fit with the model of what an ultramarine should be.

Even if he returned what could he really do. the ultramarine controlled area is the best area in the imperium to live, unless is figures out a way to knock some sense into the mechanius and is capable of organizing the various astartes chapters who are all doing their own thing into performing useful tasks, not to mention figuring out a way to put the eccentrically back in their place it's not going to change anything.
post #13 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

Garviel loken.'s Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I think the opinion would be the most epic face palm in history.

Everything the ultramarines are now is the exact opposite of what gulliman wanted them to be, in fact there's only one ultramarine who would fit with the model of what an ultramarine should be.

Even if he returned what could he really do. the ultramarine controlled area is the best area in the imperium to live, unless is figures out a way to knock some sense into the mechanius and is capable of organizing the various astartes chapters who are all doing their own thing into performing useful tasks, not to mention figuring out a way to put the eccentrically back in their place it's not going to change anything.
Ya guilliman never intended for the codex to be followed so strictly. This is the reason why 30k ultramarines are my favourite legions, but 40k ultras are not.
Well I think he's the one man that can unite the imperium. He did amazing things during the scouring, and while I know there are far more numerous threats, he may be able to amazing things

Today, I march for Calth

post #14 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 04:22 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

post #15 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 06:56 AM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Default Would you like to see guilliman return to 40k?

No please, I rather see someone who just left return. Khan or Russ. They might have found this item that heal people in stasis.

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #16 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 10:29 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garviel loken. View Post
Probably something like this.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #17 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 11:22 AM

Brobaddon's Flag is: Croatia

I could totally see Khan being " kidnapped " by Dark Eldar and held in Commoragh though.
post #18 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 11:48 AM
Feed

This is really more of a 40k fluff discussion than Black Library. Moved.

Personally, I think Roboute returning would be a cheap plot twist. Frankly I think most of the current primarch "endings" are cheap plot twists. One or two would have been okay, but as we see from Vaz' list, GW clearly doesn't know how to keep a story under control. It was better when all of them were dead or daemonic. Added to their status as legends from an older time, the likes of whom will never be seen again.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Last edited by Serpion5; 09-25-14 at 11:52 AM.
post #19 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 11:55 AM

Russ or the Khan would not unite the Imperium. In fact, I do not believe the High Lords would recognize them at all. Likely they'd be declared some sort of Chaos abomination, the findings would be backed by an equally suspicious (and power hungry) Inquisition and the Primarchs would be hunted until death.

Yes the Space Wolves would flock to Russ and the White Scars and their successors. But neither legion was exactly very prolific in generating successors, especially the Wolves. At best, they'd have fled to the very edge of Imperial space where Russ/Khan would lead a guerilla war while trying to rapidly increase their numbers. Although for the Wolves this may be impossible since they have such a strong connection to Fenris.

Guilliman's return would be met with more respect (and fear) by the High Lords. If Guilliman called upon the Ultramarines and their successors to rally to him -- many would. But then I feel just as many would not. Why? Just because you are a Primarch doesn't mean people (or Astartes) will believe you. Guilliman's been, for all intents and purposes, dead for 10,000ish years. Again I think a great many people would just see it as some Chaos inspired trick.

We've already seen things similar to this occur in the Blood Angels Omnibus. The Chapters would not eagerly or willingly embrace their Primarchs. They'd think them some grim and masterful Chaos trick.

Edit: One thing to also keep in perspective is that amount of time these Chapters have been without their Primarchs. Yes Guilliman, Khan, and Russ led their chapters for perhaps a thousand years at most (I'm being liberal here because I don't honestly know), but these Chapters (and their successors) have been independent and left to their own devices for 9,000 plus years. In the case of the Founding Chapters I feel the Primarchs would be lauded ... but the Successor Chapters may not be so inclined since they've formed their own, very unique personalities and traditions over the years which in some cases is radically different than their Founders.

Last edited by Angel of Lies; 09-25-14 at 11:58 AM.
post #20 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 12:07 PM

How do you think the meeting with Calgar and Guilliman would go? I don't know enough about Calgar to guess.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode