Would you like to see guilliman return to 40k? - Page 17 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

View Poll Results: Should Guilliman return to 40k?
YES! 51 64.56%
HELL NO! 28 35.44%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-09-14, 01:01 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

So, Sanguinius is pretty. We know that. The art says that (although the feminine nose and sticky-out ears are kind of un"sexy"). As for Russ being "handsome", gonna call bullshit on that.

The only one with anything like is the Ultramarine. Ventris. And considering the rest of the proportions of the body is probably the equivalent of some astartes thalidomide baby.

Try again.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-09-14, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
So, Sanguinius is pretty. We know that. The art says that (although the feminine nose and sticky-out ears are kind of un"sexy"). As for Russ being "handsome", gonna call bullshit on that.

The only one with anything like is the Ultramarine. Ventris. And considering the rest of the proportions of the body is probably the equivalent of some astartes thalidomide baby.

Try again.
Is this going to turn into another one of you guys' dick measuring contest. We already had one in this thread.

Last edited by locustgate; 10-09-14 at 03:28 PM.
post #163 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-09-14, 03:29 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Went from wanting a primarch to return (or not) to whether or not space marines are pretty marines? Fucking love this site.

Anyway, as far as the original topic goes, I'm of two minds about it. On one hand it would be cool to see the shakeup that would occur and the possible issues concerning the high lord's. On the other, I'd be worried that it could be handled poorly; don't just want Papa Smurf to stomp in and everything be sunshine and rainbows.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.

post #164 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-09-14, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Garviel loken.'s Flag is: Canada

ya lets get back on topic. Beaver and vaz go settle your dispute elsewhere

Today, I march for Calth
post #165 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-09-14, 05:46 PM

Long story short, I would love to see a primarch come back and actually make a difference. I dont really want it to be roboute but heck it'd be cool. I would love to see a traitor primarch redeemed though honestly. I think it would be neat to see one of them cast off the shackles of chaos and fight back. Or just allow the alpha legion and their twin primarchs to show their true colors....it's been long enough
post #166 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-09-14, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terricus View Post
I think it would be neat to see one of them cast off the shackles of chaos and fight back.
No....there's NO possibility of it. The surviving traitor primarchs are DEMONS fully, in order for that to occur the chaos gods would have to remove their blessings and actively restore them to their former glory. Generally when a Demon Prince loses their blessing they are absorbed by chaos god, unless they have enough worshipers to be able to sustain themselves.
post #167 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-09-14, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheV0791 View Post
So the whole Guilliman taking charge vs. the paranoid leaders of the imperium. Since this is all opinionated fluff anyways (seeded from facts that we've read about in the novels). I'd personally believe that they'd use Guilliman to the best of their ability to defend the imperium 'their asses', then if the coast is clear they all backstab him and try to return to their pompous lives, though possibly having created a Civil War following the death of one of the Emperor's Primarchs.
I don't think Guilliman coming back would be useable by the High Lords, because I don't think Guilliman's going to have any interest in saving the Imperium's bacon. A resurrected Guilliman is going to have one look at the state of the Imperium and then say "Screw You. Got Mine." Ultramar is in good shape, especially relative to the rest of the Imperium, and it's always been his top priority. Imperium Secondous, mark two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
No....there's NO possibility of it. The surviving traitor primarchs are DEMONS fully, in order for that to occur the chaos gods would have to remove their blessings and actively restore them to their former glory.
There's also the fact that none of the 'traitors' want to come back, or have any reason to. They weren't trapped or tricked, they fell by design and ascended on purpose. You can't be redeemed if you haven't done anything wrong.

"Look into my eyes, and see your death."
"Let them hate, so long as they fear."
post #168 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-09-14, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Garviel loken.'s Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEQinc View Post
I don't think Guilliman coming back would be useable by the High Lords, because I don't think Guilliman's going to have any interest in saving the Imperium's bacon. A resurrected Guilliman is going to have one look at the state of the Imperium and then say "Screw You. Got Mine." Ultramar is in good shape, especially relative to the rest of the Imperium, and it's always been his top priority. Imperium Secondous, mark two.

There's also the fact that none of the 'traitors' want to come back, or have any reason to. They weren't trapped or tricked, they fell by design and ascended on purpose. You can't be redeemed if you haven't done anything wrong.
wow i never thought if it that way, guilliman saying fuck off to the imperium and focusing on ultramar. VERY good points you brought up.

Today, I march for Calth
post #169 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-09-14, 08:18 PM
Bone2pick's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaviz81 View Post
You are spot on with the two types. You have hardcore fans which in my opinion want the Ultras to be perfect, even though them themselves decries otherwise. And the newbies.
So, in your opinion, only two types of people respect the Ultramarines Legion/Chapter?
post #170 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-09-14, 08:29 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Considering the necessity of the astronomicon and the extragalactic threats that he's going to have to deal with, I don't see Guilliman being that short sighted. He's going to know that he can't hold on his own and he's going to know he cannot, under any circumstances, allow Terra to fall. That means he's going have to come to an agreement with Terra or conquer it. If it's the latter than he's going to need to conquer the area between Cadian and Terra because he can't let Abaddon the traitor legions bust through the gate. Really, there's no way he just says "fuck this, I'm out." Just isn't going to happen.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode