The things that make us cringe - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-22-14, 11:20 PM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malus Darkblade View Post
I've read TEG like 5 times and I don't recall having read that.
Not surprising since it occurs in Ravenor Rogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
So I guess you missed the line where Ravenor stated that as a teen he had no psychic abilities of his own.
He had no active abilities that were entirely his own as a teenager, but that doesn't mean he didn't have a lot of power. Just no outlet for all of it. On Zael's power, Ravenor said he had "Empowered deep potentials." And that's what we're talking about, his raw power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-22-14, 11:22 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Posting in Red Text in whole or in part is expressly forbidden. Red is reserved for official moderator statements.
From the forum rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJay View Post
Reminder: This was just to vent, if you disagree, just say so. No need to beat them over the head with personal fluff interpretations.
Red text is for 'official' posts by the Staff only.

Ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

Last edited by Tawa; 09-22-14 at 11:26 PM.
post #53 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-23-14, 12:57 AM

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailene View Post
Not surprising since it occurs in Ravenor Rogue.

He had no active abilities that were entirely his own as a teenager, but that doesn't mean he didn't have a lot of power. Just no outlet for all of it. On Zael's power, Ravenor said he had "Empowered deep potentials." And that's what we're talking about, his raw power.
Ah I wasn't aware Hyperion featured in other books.

post #54 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-23-14, 05:30 AM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Ah I wasn't aware Hyperion featured in other books.

I highly recommended the Eisenhorn and Ravenor trilogies. Make sure to read Eisenhorn first, though.

Spoiler tags in the future please, especially for those (like myself) who have still yet to read the book. - darlreever

Last edited by darkreever; 09-23-14 at 06:02 AM.
post #55 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-23-14, 08:28 AM

Quote:
I've read TEG like 5 times and I don't recall having read that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
So I guess you missed the line where Ravenor stated that as a teen he had no psychic abilities of his own. He was a mirror as in he was able to be a psyker as long as another psyker was in range.

He never gained any abilities that he could use alone till he became a grey knight. That was the emperor's gift.

Also, consider his inception into the Grey Knights. He would normally have been considered too old for recruitment. But his sheer potential for psychic power, even among Grey Knights, made them reconsider, and start the implantation process on him. So despite his age, his drug history, and his relations with Ravenor, who was in deep shit at the time, they still decided to give him a chance. And Grey Knights are only picked out of the most talented and powerful psykers the Inquisition finds. So the fact that they were willing to take that gamble on him, based purely on his potential psychic might, speaks a great deal about his inherent power. And then also consider the fact that some of the most powerful, skilled and talented Grey Knights (which, by them being Grey Knights, should easily put them amongst the most powerful psykers in the Imperium), recognised his powers, and considered him a potential future peer.

So, if you take all that into account, and then take into account his feat of shattering Angron's blade, Hyperion is easily amongst the most powerful psykers shown in the fluff, even if he doesn't have his own special Codex supplement.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.
post #56 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-23-14, 11:33 AM

Brobaddon's Flag is: Croatia

Quote:
The Tau prefer long range warfare versus close-range because they're pitiful up close.
Hah, In Damocles collection, Shadowsun is fighting a White Scar captain on equal ground, and that is upclose and personal.

I haven't read in detail about Tau and I know that Ethereals are supposed to be quite good in close combat , but isn't this far fetched a bit?

I know it annoyed the hell out of me.

Quote:
and the fact that the basic Ork soldier is capable of killing and piercing the armor of a Space Marine with nothing more than a spear.
Haven't heard of Feral Orks being capable of that, but normal boys with their chopa are more than able. It's all in their powerful muscles, really. :/

Quote:
Similarly I'm bothered by the fact that Genestealers, of which there are millions, can slice up Terminator armor like it's made out of butter
Makes you wonder what are their claws made of huh? If a Terminator armor is nothing to them, nothing short of super heavy tanks and titans is capable of withstanding their claws then.

Which is incredibly dumb.
post #57 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-23-14, 11:34 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOftheNight View Post
Makes you wonder what are their claws made of huh? If a Terminator armor is nothing to them, nothing short of super heavy tanks and titans is capable of withstanding their claws then.
Well they DO have rending - Apparently it's on a 2+ in the books, in comparison to the game
post #58 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-23-14, 11:35 AM

Brobaddon's Flag is: Croatia

Not a tabletop player, sorry XD
post #59 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-23-14, 11:41 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOftheNight View Post
Not a tabletop player, sorry XD
You killed my joke!
post #60 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-23-14, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post

Also, consider his inception into the Grey Knights. He would normally have been considered too old for recruitment. But his sheer potential for psychic power, even among Grey Knights, made them reconsider, and start the implantation process on him. So despite his age, his drug history, and his relations with Ravenor, who was in deep shit at the time, they still decided to give him a chance. And Grey Knights are only picked out of the most talented and powerful psykers the Inquisition finds. So the fact that they were willing to take that gamble on him, based purely on his potential psychic might, speaks a great deal about his inherent power. And then also consider the fact that some of the most powerful, skilled and talented Grey Knights (which, by them being Grey Knights, should easily put them amongst the most powerful psykers in the Imperium), recognised his powers, and considered him a potential future peer.

So, if you take all that into account, and then take into account his feat of shattering Angron's blade, Hyperion is easily amongst the most powerful psykers shown in the fluff, even if he doesn't have his own special Codex supplement.
Allot of artistic licensing was used in those books. According to the emperors gift which was written after and makes direct references to both series he has no potential of his own. He was a mirror.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode