The things that make us cringe - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-22-14, 04:10 AM
Craw-Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOftheNight View Post
You're just arguing now for the sake of arguing aren't you? xD
Lol.

I don't think I like Ork fluff. I think it is capable of being a lot darker, in a "Joker" type way. I'm also glad none of the writers chose to write a plot line about orks spreading like a disease. If they have, they made it pretty clear that they purged them... lol. The thing is, the ability of orcs to reproduce is so uncontrollable that the whole galaxy should have infestations in every planet. I mean after scouring a planet, orcs have been known to pop out in the millions a couple years later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-22-14, 05:47 AM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Had not that happened, god knows if any of the Grey Knights would have survived.
You're right. God knows.

We have literally no clue on how the fight went. For all we know, a lance beam from an orbiting ship finished Angron.

Or Angron slipped on a banana peel and was never seen again for a thousand years.

You're arguing from ignorance (our ignorance of how the fight finished).

Quote:
He was said to be a very talented psyker, not to have incredible amounts of psychic power.
Hyperion's power drew the eyes of the last two Prognosticars of the Chapter. The final Prognosticar said, "Your powers drew notice, even before you were lingering in the trials of assessment."

Quote:
You're just arguing now for the sake of arguing aren't you? xD
Nope, good ole fashion logic there.

I think the logic is sound. Do you have a counter argument for it?

Is the breaking of Angron's blade a great feat or a minor one?
post #43 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-22-14, 12:05 PM

Brobaddon's Flag is: Croatia

I'm not arguing that we don't know how the fight ended. All I'm arguing that breaking the black blade has definitely helped majorly in beating Angron.

Angron without black blade or Angron with the black blade, you decide what's more lethal. Since you're so proud of your logic.

Quote:
Hyperion's power drew the eyes of the last two Prognosticars of the Chapter. The final Prognosticar said, "Your powers drew notice, even before you were lingering in the trials of assessment."
So do others thousands upon thousands psykers, doesn't means they're top notch. You clearly don't understand the difference between most established psykers in the imperium of man and those that are considered powerful.

The difference is vast.

Anyway I'm done here.

post #44 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-22-14, 04:31 PM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Angron without black blade or Angron with the black blade, you decide what's more lethal. Since you're so proud of your logic.
Now you're changing your tune. There's a difference between "The black blade make Angron more deadly" (likely true, but even then, we're not 100% sure) and "Most of Angron's combat effectiveness lies in the Black Blade". But, hey, who needs citations in an argument, right? As long as you "feel" something is true, it ought to be true?

Quote:
You clearly don't understand the difference between most established psykers in the imperium of man and those that are considered powerful.
You really didn't read The Emperor's Gift did you? Or at least not very thoroughly.

I'd bet money you didn't really read the Ravenor trilogy either.

Last edited by hailene; 09-22-14 at 06:39 PM.
post #45 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-22-14, 05:54 PM

With regards to Hyperion, would just like to point out that as an untrained, virtually comatose teenager, his psychic power was enough to burn out a blank's null aura, effectively turning them into a normal human. The only other thing to achieve something similar, from what I can recall right now, was a demonically possessed titan (beings like Malcador, Magnus and the Emperor have shown themselves to be unaffected by blanks, but not to actually burn them out, though the Emperor could in all likelihood do it, if he were so inclined). So, in terms of raw power, Hyperion is definitely amongst the most powerful psykers to appear in the fluff.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.

Last edited by Chompy Bits; 09-22-14 at 05:56 PM.
post #46 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-22-14, 10:29 PM

Grav-guns.

They seem way too advanced for the Imperium and even if there were a few of them in existence, shouldnt they be special equipment? Fluff says theres only a handful in the galaxy and yet I face SM lists with more than 12 such weapons.
Rules wise I have difficulties understanding how those things can fire so many times and wound so easily. Theyre not great vs tanks but did the game really need a gun that reliably wipes Terminator squads?

If the grav technology is so easily and effectively weaponised how come Necrons Eldar or Tau dont use it? Each of them are more competent with grav tech but none have thought about grav guns?

post #47 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-22-14, 10:36 PM

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakath View Post
Grav-guns.

They seem way too advanced for the Imperium
Pre-Heresy? Are you serious? Post-Heresy GGuns are 'too' advanced for obvious reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakath View Post
If the grav technology is so easily and effectively weaponised how come Necrons Eldar or Tau dont use it? Each of them are more competent with grav tech but none have thought about grav guns?
Because they prefer other weapons.

Why don't they create their own version of Space Marines/Primarchs?

The Dark Eldar for example are not fans of heavy/bulky weaponry so you'll never see them in power-armor. They prefer a fragile but fast pace of warfare.

The Tau prefer long range warfare versus close-range because they're pitiful up close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
With regards to Hyperion, would just like to point out that as an untrained, virtually comatose teenager, his psychic power was enough to burn out a blank's null aura, effectively turning them into a normal human .
I've read TEG like 5 times and I don't recall having read that.

My contribution to the thread: the Ork's ability to produce titans of their own using nothing but scrap metal and in mere days/weeks and the fact that the basic Ork soldier is capable of killing and piercing the armor of a Space Marine with nothing more than a spear.

Similarly I'm bothered by the fact that Genestealers, of which there are millions, can slice up Terminator armor like it's made out of butter.

Last edited by Malus Darkblade; 09-22-14 at 10:45 PM.
post #48 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-22-14, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
With regards to Hyperion, would just like to point out that as an untrained, virtually comatose teenager, his psychic power was enough to burn out a blank's null aura, effectively turning them into a normal human. The only other thing to achieve something similar, from what I can recall right now, was a demonically possessed titan (beings like Malcador, Magnus and the Emperor have shown themselves to be unaffected by blanks, but not to actually burn them out, though the Emperor could in all likelihood do it, if he were so inclined). So, in terms of raw power, Hyperion is definitely amongst the most powerful psykers to appear in the fluff.
So I guess you missed the line where Ravenor stated that as a teen he had no psychic abilities of his own. He was a mirror as in he was able to be a psyker as long as another psyker was in range.

He never gained any abilities that he could use alone till he became a grey knight. That was the emperor's gift.
post #49 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-22-14, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Reminder: This was just to vent, if you disagree, just say so. No need to beat them over the head with personal fluff interpretations.

Last edited by Zion; 09-22-14 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Red is for mod use only.
post #50 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-22-14, 11:12 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malus Darkblade View Post
I've read TEG like 5 times and I don't recall having read that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode