How do daemons see? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-06-14, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
As hailen said they exude an aura of disgust, a blank could look like the hottest woman in existence that makes even SMs think about knocking boots the aura will make ANYONE, except MAYBE another blank, that gets close enough despise her. In the first Eisenhorn (sp?) book when he met Bequin he could barely keep himself from shooting her when he was questioning her and the astropath like wise was horrified by her presence, referring to her as IT. She also mentioned that she had been chased away from 3 planets because she always seemed to upset someone powerful even if she never misbehaved. It's this revulsion that I don't think he could of been a blank unless MAYBE he had a nulifier.
There's allot about blanks that we don't understand. Perhaps when they try and act normal is when they repel people.

Ciaphas Cain trusts Jurgen completely and seem not too upset about his presence, Jurgen also seemed to survive in the guard without getting shot before he met cain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-06-14, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
There's allot about blanks that we don't understand. Perhaps when they try and act normal is when they repel people.

Ciaphas Cain trusts Jurgen completely and seem not too upset about his presence, Jurgen also seemed to survive in the guard without getting shot before he met cain.
And Eisenhorn fell in love with her but he stated that anytime he touched her it hurt, do to being a psyker (though the first part has been ages since I've read Eisenhorn.. Also Ravenor kept her body in stasis after she was (killed/mortally wounded). It may be a effect that one can become accustomed to and just because of the effect doesn't mean people will always despise them, though their fuse may be shorter around a blank.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-07-14, 12:05 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

There are degrees of Pariah, just as there are with psykers. The strongest generally end up as Culexus assassins, while the likes of Jurgen and Bequin seem to be on the lower end of that scale. Jurgen's effect seems to come across as a smell (aided I'm sure by an actual smell) that makes it unpleasant to share a small room with him, and Bequin doesn't seem to upset the non-psykers in Eisenhorn's warband too much. People might not be very comfortable around them, but nobody is being driven to an unreasoning urge to kill them.

I'm sure there are many variations in between either end of the scale.

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-14, 07:45 AM
Craw-Daddy

Yeah as many have said its a bit of both. I would agree that when they enter the material realm they do see the materialistic details that you and I are accustomed to. However, though we are attracted to familiarities in traits, emotions, reactions, of the body, I think daemons pay attention to our soul fire. I think its probably a more simplistic way at looking at a person as well. Souls are also energy to them, as said in The Talon of Horus, the Warp is essentially made up of souls.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-14, 07:29 PM
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

I don't have anything to add.sorry, so I'm just say something funny, daemons see with they eyes

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode